Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

The Choice

The air was thick and electric with emotions as they all sat in silence. None of them understood what it meant. Of course, they did understood it but it didn't make any sense and it was eating away at them. They had no logical explanation for it right now.

"I don't think of anything," Bonnie spoke up, "If witchcraft is in your blood...I mean you both are decedents of one of the most powerful warlocks and not to mention an immortal," she threw her hands in exasperation, "Why wouldn't you know or feel it? It's weird, I started to get vibes...I don't know four years ago. What could be the reason that you didn't?"

"Well, I do have great intuition. So as to speak," Damon chimed in, smirking to lighten the mood.

Stefan just shook his head and Elena narrowed her eyes at him. Mia chuckled beside him, her shoulders shaking with silent laughter. "See, you're the only one who believes in me and my utter awesomeness. No wonder, I love you," he whispered the last part, flashing his eyebrows and Mia smacked his shoulder with her own.

"That's it," Bonnie stood up and everyone looked at her, "Nobody believes in you," she said and Damon gave her an annoyed look but Bonnie ignored it, correcting her sentence, "Remember, at start when I was not in total control of it and Grams used to tell me that I need to believe in myself or else it'll push back my abilities?" Bonnie looked at Elena, raising her eyebrows.

"Yes," Elena dragged the word, unsure of where she was going with it.

"I had Grams to help me and teach me. She made me believe. Stefan and Damon, however," she turned to look at them, "You both never knew. Nobody told you. You didn't know and never pursued it. You never believed in the powers you had and then," she cocked her head, "you transitioned into a vampire, losing the...whatever connection you had with nature," she smiled satisfactorily at her explanation.

"Father never used it either. I-I don't think he was into witchcraft," Stefan looked at Damon for his opinion.

"True," Damon shrugged, lifting his one shoulder casually.

"Maybe, they had stopped using it for a long time then," Bonnie said, "Maybe, if you're human and believe in the power nature offers you, then maybe, you could practice again," she said.

"Well, we don't see that happening anytime soon...so," he looked at Mia, "Why don't we discuss something useful as to what else did you see other than...Stefan's look alike evil ancestral...twin," he asked, scrunching his nose.

Mia smiled at him softly and turned to look at Samantha, "You have the answers now," Mia said, "What does it mean...the words I said?"
Samantha drew in a shaky breath and explained the meaning of the words Mia had uttered. She knew it was time and Ariel had confirmed that Mia was the one. She had to tell the truth now. She had no other choice now but it was uncomfortable.

"What does she mean, Damon has an old soul?" Mia asked and Damon scoffed.

"I have anything but old soul," Damon rolled his eyes.

Well, that one was easy, Samantha thought, "Mia, do you know what happens to a soul once it lefts the body?" she asked.

Mia shook her head, "If the soul is good, they're given chances. They move into a body of another, it's mostly from the same circle of people the deceased is connected with," she waited for Mia to nod that she was understanding, "She was telling you that Damon has an old soul...did you see someone in the vision which reminded you of Damon?"

Mia thought about it and the answer was clear. She saw the similarities right away. She nodded and Damon arched his brow, looking at her.
"Henry..." she whispered, "Henry was like him...sort of," Mia replied and looked at Samantha with her eyes wide, "Is that what she meant by me and her having a similar life?" she tilted her head.

"Who's Henry?" Damon asked, ignoring all the other things.

"Ariel's true love," Samantha answered. "Twin flame," Mia muttered, remembering the words from Ariel.

"And who the hell is Ariel?" Damon asked impatiently.

"The original angel," Mia looked at him and he knitted his eyebrows together, his eyes wide, "She was guardian of Earth, the angel of nature," she whispered.

"She's the one that started it all," Cam stated, "Her choice to love someone like Silas..."

"Hey, I thought Henry was her true love. Where did Silas come from?" Stefan cut off Cam with his question.

"They were both brothers..." Cam replied, "Ariel was an angel that came to fulfill her duty, met Silas and fell in love with him, decided to stay and suffered a great fall," Cam shrugged casually but Mia could see he was tensed, "After falling and turning into human, she had lost her memories and met Henry, fell for him and..." he paused and took a deep breath, "turned out, he was Silas' older brother...step brother."

"Oh my...Wow," Elena said, looking at him, "The lover Silas' is trying to raise from dead doesn't even love him?" she asked incredulous.

"Similar lives?" Damon looked at Mia, "She was talking about...Enrique and me? Step brothers...memory lost?" He shook his head, his eyes glued to Mia's, "And I-I could have Henry's soul?" Mia nodded, unsure, "What the hell?" he stood up.

Elena glanced between them all. Just like the rest of all, she didn't believe what she heard. "After running in league with vampires, werewolves, witches and all, I never thought I would ever be shocked again but this is...wow," she widen her eyes with an exasperated sigh as she turned to look at Samantha, "We know about Ariel...what about you? How did you fall and Cam?" She glanced towards Cam and then back to Samantha.

Samantha took a deep breath as she turned to look at Mia who was still watching her intently, "I fell with Ariel. I-I was umm, her sidekick sort of thing," she let out a small chuckle and shook her head, "We were friends...best friends what you call these days. She told me about Silas and," she hesitated, "and all and I promised to help...I just...was punished along with her but I wasn't cursed like her," she was tearing up now as she crossed her legs, "I was just banned from heavens and stripped off my wings," she shrugged and Aaron moved closer to her, holding her now shaking body.

Cam saw the whole room and decided to put his story out there himself, seeing Samantha couldn't continue. It was like the same day all over again and it hurt...it still hurt. He wanted to kill himself, if only he could but that was his punishment. Though Samantha had told them that they weren't cursed...Cam knew they were. They had to live here forever, leaving heavens...what he wouldn't do to see that place again. It was beautiful and it was home.

Thinking about it, a wave of pain washed over him as he raked a hand through his hair. The room was quiet again, that eerie silence that was a forewarning of a havoc and he could feel it. Every emotion he held in his heart seem to weaken him at that moment, it was like reliving it again, trying to tell them.

He couldn't blame Ariel...it was his fault. He was the one who made a mistake but putting it on her eased things for him in a way, a very acute way but it did. Either way, it was the same affliction of misery.

Mia got up and kneeled in front of Samantha and put her hands on her knees in a comforting gesture, "I'm sorry," she said not knowing what else to say. "I can't imagine how much it would've hurt you because I don't think I understand...but I'm sorry," she said, smiling a little.

"You're...probably the only one who can understand...and imagine it," Samantha replied and sniffled again. Mia wanted to ask what she meant by that but Aaron hushed her, stroking Samantha's back gently.

Mia turned to look at Cam who was biting his nails which she thought was a weird habit for angels but it told her, he was tensed. Without being able to see his colors, she had to rely on old human tricks to figure him out.

Same went with Damon but somehow, she was able to feel him, his emotions. He was easy for her to read, their thoughts mostly seem to be in sync. She looked at Damon to see he was eyeing Cam, biting his finger nail and Mia smiled. Definitely in sync, she thought as Damon turned to look at her, his face split up in a smile which was warm. It held reassurance, comfort, support, love and everything she needed at the moment.

He walked towards her and held her up by her arms and she leaned into him and inhaled deeply. He kissed the top of her head and she raised it to look at him, "I think we need a break," she whispered, her hand reaching to rest on his chest. He looked concerned for a moment before nodding at her. He slipped his arm at her waist as he led her out.

"I had nothing to do...with their...uh, run away plan but I did found out, eventually," he sighed. He was facing the wall and his eyes were distant as if lost in a memory.

Mia stopped at the door and turned her head to look at him. Damon raised his eyebrows as he turned back too. Mia wanted a break and he needed one too. It was information overload and they all needed time to digest it. He also had a feeling that something bad was to come ahead and he really didn't want to face anything just yet.

"I was the gatekeeper of Heaven," he scoffed, "Angel of divine love," he shook his head sadly and the look tugged Mia's heart, "I used to see her every time she went for a visit to Earth but then...she never returned and I-I was worried and I went to see The Deity, nobody did that...I did," he paused, his eyes were still far away, "for her," he completed and Mia wanted to cry. He loved her too...what was so special about her? Sure, she was pretty but...well, she was an angel. Isn't that what everybody looked for?

Mia stepped forward to help him. It was hard for her to look at him like that. Ever since, he had told her the truth, she had started to feel better with him and he silently understood her. Damon's arm tightened around her almost unconsciously and she felt it.

His reluctance to let her go but she had to do something for Cam. She couldn't just stand there and he didn't even had Aaron like Samantha did to be there for him. She took a deep breath and looked at Damon, pleading with her eyes for him to understand but how could he, when his fears gnawed at him?

"I learned about her. How she fell for a human and...she was banished. She wasn't an angel anymore...not an equal but fallen," his voice faltered and Mia took a step towards him again but this time, she felt Damon's arm slip away from her.

Her eyes snapped to Damon as his arm went limp at his side and he was staring at her the same way he did when she confronted him about Claire. Mia's heart started to jump in her chest as she recalled all those terrible feelings. She glanced at the statue Cam and then to Damon.

She licked her lips as she came and hugged Damon tightly. Looking up at him, she whispered, "You. Always you." He blinked once and nodded to her. "Sorry," he whispered back and Mia shook her head, "I just..." he started but Mia hushed him again. “I will always choose you. Never doubt that for a second," she said and raised herself on her toes as she pecked him on the corner of his mouth.

He smiled at her and nodded at Cam, "He needs you." Mia smiled and gave him another kiss as she turned to Cam. He was still sitting the same way, his jaw hard, shoulders tensed, and eyes distant. Mia hadn't yet reached him when he spoke again.

"I asked Him for a favor and it was denied. I just wanted...to help her," he swallowed. He still remembered the day perfectly. He was worried that she hadn't come back. Usually, they used to spend some time together whenever she returned and he was looking forward to it.

He wanted to tell her how he felt and he was ready and thought she was too but how off mark he was. When she returned, he went to The Deity and was informed of her decision.

He was heartbroken but he still had hope when he asked to visit her on Earth and convince her to come back. He knew, she would if he told her the truth about them...that they were like soul mates. Being the Angel of Love, he knew of things and he was sure, she would change her mind. He was adamant about it...so sure, so blind he asked again and again until he was finally granted permission but it was not without a price.

"You may not be able to ever return back to the Heavens until you have the angel of nature and protector with you," was the reply he had received, "And if you fail in anyway, feel free to stay among the human race not to ever return back. Until..."

That 'until' had his hope still alive. He still could go home again.

"Until what?" Mia asked. She was standing in front of him as he snapped out of his daze and raised his eyes to look at her.

"You're my only hope," he said.

Mia's heart tripped inside her chest, "What?" she breathed out, "What do you mean?"

"It's what the prophecy states," Cam replied, standing up and Mia took a step back, her eyes wide as she looked at him but somehow couldn't force the words out. It wasn't making any sense.

"You're the answer to everything, Mia," Samantha stood up too and suddenly Mia felt entrapped between them as if she was a poor deer surrounded by a hungry pack of wolves.

"What...what prophecy?" Mia croaked out, her heart jumping out of her chest as she struggled to breathe. Damon was at her side at once but every nerve in him was open ended, bare and he could feel the static air in the room on his skin.

"A beauty to reverse the evil, reigning the purity by old one, losing to flame all cherished, righting the wrong done," Samantha uttered the words. Mia's head was spinning and she struggled to keep herself upright.

"I don't..." she gulped, "I-I don't under...stand," she managed.

"The prophecy was about the girl who will be able to kill Silas," Stefan said standing up with Elena by his side.

"Not entirely. Silas was a small part of it," Samantha said. She seemed uncomfortable talking about it and she was. She had no idea how to break the news.

"You mean it was a fake?" Damon asked, his eyes flashing with fury he felt. She had lied to them and all this time he thought, she could be trusted.

"No, it wasn't fake. It was just..."

"What does it mean?" Mia screamed at Samantha and she winced at her tone.

"You're the one to reverse everything Ariel did. You're the one who can set things right," Samantha said in a monotone. It was as if she had turned her humanity switch off but there was no such thing.

"Set. What. Right?" Mia was seething with anger and it wasn't entirely anger. She had thought her job was to get rid of Silas but she knew it was so much bigger than that.

"You're the one that can save Ariel from her curse. You can set her free," Samantha said in the same voice but now there was a little convincing tone to it, "You're the free ticket for Cam to be welcomed into Heavens again and me too. You're the one who can defeat Silas and reverse every choice Ariel made...setting everything right," she sighed.

Well, that wasn't so bad, Mia thought as she relaxed a little. She had to just know how to do that and it'll be good if Ariel would find peace again and Cam and Samantha would be free to return to Heavens again.

"What do I have to do?" Mia asked, feeling a little better than before but her eyes found Damon's horror stricken ones and she started to feel the same panic settling in. "What?" she asked.

"Reigning the purity by old one," he whispered brokenly, "Losing to flame all cherished."

"What?" Mia shook her head.

"You will have to accept to be an angel forever...and take over Ariel's place. Permanently...as angel," Samantha delivered but Mia had a feeling the death blow was still to come, "Leaving everything here as it is."

Mia's eyes snapped to Damon's, her mouth hanging open, her expression agape, haunted, pained. A painful electric buzz travelled from her brain to her body, numbing everything and when she felt again, it was nothing but pain and darkness. A thousand knives seemed to pierce open her heart which laid there still and bleeding.

Damon couldn't move either, not even to comfort her. He was stunned into silence, shocked by the words. It wasn't right, it wasn't happening, not him again, not his angel. What else did he expected from his life? It always turned out like this in the end.

"I-I c-can't," she started but the tears in her eyes were blurring everything around her.

"What if she doesn't accept that?" Elena asked on the verge of tears, her voice broken as Stefan held her by waist.

"She dies like the ones before her and suffer the same curse."

"You asked me once, why I tried so hard to make you fall in love with me?" Cam looked at Mia who had her eyes still locked with Damon's.
"I wanted to save you, Mia. If you were in love with me, you would have chosen the Heaven in a heartbeat and we would've returned together and you didn't..." he stopped himself and sighed deeply.

"You," she said brokenly to Damon, ignoring Cam completely, "I love...you," she sobbed as tears started to flow down her cheeks freely and Damon came to hold her as she melted into him, sobs wrecking her body. He hid his face in her hair and she felt the wetness from his eyes in her hair. She circled her arms around his neck as he held her tightly, his arm snaked around her waist, other on her neck as he tried to merge them into one.

A sob escaped her lips and it pierced his heart, breaking it into million small fragments, "I...love...you," she said again. The air whooshed out from his lungs at the words. "I know, angel. I know," he sighed, "I love you too, so...so much," he whispered the words as they both collapsed and fell on their knees, still clutching each other tightly, not ready to let go and none of them thought, they will ever be able to.

Heaven and hell were an easy option if it were only her devil, her Damon and his angel but now, many lives were hanging in the balance of her decision. She didn't know what to do? What to choose? Who to choose? The answer was clear at the same time, it was hazy and foggy and they both could only hope and pray and wish. Now, she thought being without her memories was a blessing.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lost Year- Mutemath
Please, let me know what you guys think? And what you guys think about the choice...what should she do? <3