Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Meeting the Devil

It was thirty minutes now that Mia had arrived at the party with Claire who was mingling with her friends. Mia had met half of the people already, probably because Claire dragged her and introduced her to town’s folk. Mia still hadn't met Bonnie’s friends though, maybe they took a lot of time to dress up for a party which was irrelevant as nobody there was dressed up for a party. It was more of a casual gathering and Mia felt oddly over dressed for the occasion but she also couldn't throw away Bonnie’s gift like that, either.

Mia was standing beside the stair case, holding a glass of soda in her hand. She was wearing the dark purple dress Bonnie had given her which fit her body perfectly and reached just above her knees. The black tights show cased her long legs perfectly, ending with slender black heels. Mia had her wavy brown hair expertly curled, thanks to Claire and wore the slightest amount of makeup which highlighted the chocolate brown of her eyes.

Mia saw Bonnie making her way towards her with two girls, each at her side. Both the girls looked gorgeous, though only one was dressed up the way Mia was which made her feel better and the other had a kind smile on her face and simple attire. Bonnie introduced them to Mia, telling them how she was staying with Claire. “Are you her relative?” Elena questioned. “No…I didn't had a place to stay. She was kind enough to…” Caroline cut Mia off, finally taking in her dress, “Ah! Finally! Someone with a better fashion sense,” she looked proudly at Mia, “the outfit is stunning and the hair too,” she remarked, smiling broadly. Mia inspected her dress and looked up at Bonnie pointedly, smiling. “Thank the outfit expert.” Caroline slowly turned towards Bonnie, her eyes still on Mia. She gasped when the realization settled in, “How dare you go on shopping spree without me,” she glared at Bonnie, “you could call, you know.” Bonnie laughed. “Well, don’t start this in front of Mia. She’ll run away,” interjected Elena, trying to stop the oncoming discussion of latest fashion trends. “I would like to think I’m stronger than that.” Mia said with an amused expression.

“Who’s stronger?” Stefan spoke, stopping beside Elena and took her hand in his own. Mia noticed the smile Elena gave at the small gesture. “I’m sorry. I’m Stefan, Elena’s boyfriend.” Mia extended her hand, “Mia Pierce,” she smiled at him, studying his deep set of forest green eyes and angular jawline. He looked handsome and had that mysterious vibe about him. She noticed then, that he was looking at her closely like a person inspecting and she took a small step backwards. Bonnie stood there looking at the shocked expression of her friends, hoping they would stop with the question answer session which was inevitable. “Are you in any way…uh, related to Katherine Pierce?” Elena asked with a calm demeanor and Bonnie let out a sigh. Great, it was out. She should’ve known that their meeting would surely reveal that information. She only invited her to get to know her better.

“No. I um…” Mia looked at each of the face standing before her, trying to choose her words properly. She didn't know how much of the truth could she afford to tell them but they all seemed good and friendly, yet she didn't know if she was ready for that. Still in thought, her eyes landed on the man standing in the farther corner engaged in a conversation with Sheriff Forbes. The man was dressed in all black clothes and had a tall and athletic built, his brown hair in a casual disarray. As if he sensed her staring, he snapped his head up, meeting her eyes. Mia drew in a shaky breath as the brilliant blue of those eyes blinded her senses for a moment.He was quite far away, yet the sapphire in his eyes glowed and pulled her in. He narrowed his eyes at her and Mia quickly snatched her eyes away from the magical blue and lowered them to the ground, clearly embarrassed for acting the way she did and that he had caught her like that.

Mia, however realized that none of the people standing in front of her had paid any attention to her encounter with those deadly blue eyes and for that she was thankful but to calm herself down and cover it, she did said what she wasn't ready to share with anyone, let alone a group of people, all at once, “I don’t actually remember anything since I woke up at the forest side almost a week ago. I have tried, like so hard but it’s like someone has locked away my memories and no matter how much I try, in the end, I just hit a wall and then there’s Claire. She found me and helped me and all but I still know nothing except my name and….” She stopped suddenly, realizing how much she had said and that angered her. She wanted control and peace, knowing she had nothing else with her blank past but damn that man with blue eyes because of whom she had gushed her life story and to just cover her embarrassment which no one else noticed. Arghh… She was an idiot. “Oh. I’m sorry. I didn't know,” Elena interrupted her internal babbling. Mia nodded politely, “It’s ok. I…uh, I think I need a drink,” she said as she made her way towards the counter.

Damon followed the girl in purple with his eyes. Though he continued his small talk with Elizabeth but his mind was reeling with depths of chocolate he had just seen. The way she was watching him, no staring at him pulled his attention from Liz as he regarded her with mild curiosity but once their eyes met, he couldn't look away until she herself, broke the silent, intense connection. Now, she sat with a drink in her hand with a confused expression, her shoulders were still tensed and rigid. Looking around the room, she located the door which led outside, her face lightening up as if she had found an escape door out of prison and that's exactly what she felt. She slowly stood up and took a deep breath before making her way outside.

Damon felt sorry for her as she explained her story with tender and soft voice. Of course he had listened to her, it was like a gate was opened and all the words were making their way out and she couldn't control it. He saw the flash of anger in her eyes which he thought was probably directed towards herself or him. He smiled at that possibility and then he caught himself, thinking the things he was thinking. It was not the way he should react. Hadn't he learned anything from his past yet? It was always an attraction, nothing more and how could it be with him the way he was. And suddenly he was rather pleased with her choice of going out for fresh air, alone. He was tempted as hell to meet her now, he knew he would be satisfied once he took what he needed or maybe he could compel her and take her as a rebound. He smiled smugly to himself as he followed her into darkness.

Mia stood beside a lake at the far corner of the Lockwood property, calming herself down but it only frustrated her and made her feel helpless whenever she tried to recall the memories. She lifted her head to the sky, asking for help from the heavens itself and God her neck was positioned so perfectly, Damon could feel the richness and warmth of her blood, that sweet scent. How could he not notice it before? It was like she was calling for his fangs to sink themselves deep in her light wheatish, flawless skin. He slowly moved towards her and she turned to see him, hearing the crunch of dead leaves as he moved. He looked graceful with his movements like he was closing in on a prey. Mia looked directly into his eyes, the same magnetic blue which took her breath away. She closed her eyes to gather her thoughts and the moment she opened them, he leaned forward and took her shoulders. Looking into the same pool of chocolate brown, he uttered the words, “Don’t make a sound. It’ not gonna hurt.” His velvet smooth voice assured her as he positioned her neck and softly kissed the skin there before sinking his fangs in her vein.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind, constructive criticism is welcome.
Happy Reading.