Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Gone

Slowly, very slowly they were coming up front getting closer with every breath she took. Damon. That was the only word flitting through her mind as blood rushed to her brain. She had to make this work. She woke up fine, hoping to sort out the situation with Silas but she only ended up, with him trying to destroy everything she cared about.

She knew the picks already. Killing him and die or let him live and be someone she quite didn't want to be. She knew her choice and she knew she had to finish him. Leaving him here and he'll kill more, destroy more and she wouldn’t let him. She wished it were over soon, before Damon came but then, she wanted to see him...just one last time before she was cursed forever. Damned for eternity.

"They're innocent," Elena breathed as she looked at Stefan, "They are just compelled. They don't know anything."

Stefan was quiet. There was nothing to say. Could they kill them...and be what? A murderer?

Mia realized, it wasn't just Ariel, Cam and Samantha now. It wasn't just her and Damon. It was all these helpless people too. It was morality and survival. It was love and life. It was wrong and right. It was deep, dark and painful.

"Just stay alive," Mia said, "Try not to hurt them," she looked at them and then to where Silas was standing, "I know what to do," and she did. She felt the familiar thrumming in her blood and this time, she was ready. Silas had taken things too far.

She started to move towards the oncoming crowd when a group of people lunged at her. She ducked, engulfing herself in the fortification of her wings. She felt tugging and someone hitting her. She closed her eyes. Building the power in herself, she forced open her wings causing the blast of air to push them away.

Assisting herself with the ground, she pushed herself up. Her eyes darted for Silas. She had to take him. It would break off the compulsion. That was the only way.

The ear splitting scream tore at her attention as she turned back to see Elena on the ground. She gasped. No, no. Not this way. It wasn't supposed to happen like this. She forgot Silas. She forgot the people. She just ran to Elena. Elena was on the ground, her eyes clenched as if in pain. Stefan was with her at once examining her shoulder.

"Elena?" Mia called for her. Everyone was engaged in fighting except them.

"Werewolf venom," Stefan hissed and Mia met Stefan's horror stricken eyes.

"What?" She asked confused, "They are just...people."

"Hybrids and wolves," he said as he looked around, his eyes searching, "Hold on, Elena. It'll be ok," his voice was wounded.

"I'll go find him," Mia said as she hurried off to find Klaus. She spotted him fighting off a huge man. Klaus took a nasty punch to his face and staggered back. Another punch and Mia was running to him now. Klaus' eyes met with Caroline's across the field. Caroline had a neck in her hand and she twisted it, smiling at Klaus.

"Caroline," Klaus shouted in warning as he ducked and maneuvered to stand behind his opponent. One quick movement and a heart was in hand as he threw it away and ran towards Caroline. Two people lunged at him, forward but he didn't stop. Scream mingled with another scream as they both dropped to the ground. Klaus reached Caroline and took the man by his neck as Caroline spun to face him. A death glare and she had her hand in his chest, ripping his heart out.

"Klaus," Mia reached him just when a group of four surrounded them. Klaus and Caroline both jumped in action but Mia had it under control. A flick of her hand and all four were in air. "Elena. She's bitten," Mia said as she kept her hard gaze on the men suspended in air.

Klaus nodded as he squeezed Caroline's hand. Mia could see the fear in their eyes. If she let them go, they will hurt her friends. If she didn't, then they would be dead. Mia closed her eyes in guilt as she made a choice and they all dropped to ground, their eyes lifeless.

Caroline rushed past Mia and dropped another heart on the ground. "Thanks," Mia said turning to face her. Mia had no idea how close she had come to have her own heart ripped out.

"This is too much. They're stronger," Caroline commented.

"I have to stop Silas," Mia agreed with a nod. Her eyes searched the place for Silas but she didn't found him. Maybe, he had run away. She didn't knew but she had to find him. She stalked off to look for him, a different kind of determination in her eyes.

Samantha landed a flying kick to his neck as he fell back. She didn't waste a moment as she threw in another punch to his face and tried to reach for his heart but she didn't had that raw power. She drew out the dagger that she always kept with her and slashed him. There were still too many people and they were outnumbered. She saw no way out of this. It seemed almost hopeless.

Her eyes searched for Mia. She was the only one who could finish off Silas and she was nowhere to be seen and so was Silas. She hoped it would all turn out to be okay but one thing she learned in her thousand years of life was things never turned out the way you expected. She wasn't sure, what she had expected but she did knew it would only end in hurt, loss and despair.

She stood up straight and decided to join Aaron, to help him. Aaron could hold himself, she knew that. He was a warlock and a powerful one but she would handle it all better with him at her side. And what if it was the last time? She pushed the thought out of her mind. Running to him, she saw Cam fighting a man and woman from the corner of her eyes. He seemed exhausted. He was a human body after all. She changed her mind as she changed her direction and ran towards Cam.

She raised her dagger as she pushed it into the girl's chest with all her force and Cam landed a deadly blow to man's neck. Cam didn't say anything. He just nodded at her and she had her thanks and she was grateful. He was still upset, she knew but that small gesture was enough for her. Samantha's eyes widen when a person closed in on them.

Cam's hand swiped at her waist as he put her back behind him. "I've got your back," he said and Samantha smiled despite the situation. Cam hated what she had done and blamed her but she had been his only friend since they all fell and he still cared for her. He wasn't a jerk to leave her alone like that.

A hit to his stomach was so hard, he buckled up in pain and fell down. Another came to his face and he was seeing spots already. He had just thought to help Samantha and there he was, on the ground. He tried to get up but his arms didn't support him and he fell heavily on the ground, red blood gushing out from the nasty cut on his head. He opened his eyes to see the deadly blow dawning on him when Samantha jumped in front of him, covering him with her body.

Not Cam, that was the only thing that had buzzed in her mind as she flung her hand to the man's chest and he let out a gnarly scream and fell back but he wasn't going down without a fight either. He grasped Samantha arms and pulled her towards him. She lost her balance as she fell on him.

"Samantha!" She heard Aaron calling and it was all a nightmarish slow motion. She knew what was coming but it was one of the things, she knew she couldn't stop. She tried to look at Cam, "Sorry," she said, hoping he would forgive her. "No," he whispered brokenly as his hand reached out towards her. She tried to reach his fingers but Snap! And her world went dark, her hand an inch from his.

Mia's eyes snapped up to the scene. Cam lay on the ground coughing blood, his eyes shut tightly and then she saw Samantha. Her lifeless eyes seemed to directly look at her. A tear escaped Cam's eyes as he fisted his hand in the dirt. Mia's heart broke at the sight.

It was her fault. It was all her fault. She was to be blamed. The guilt was too much, too much for her to handle. She knew the one thing that could help her at the moment. Silas. She had to find Silas.

She ran through the forest, her eyes searching and then she thought, her wings...she could fly. Spotting him would be easy from a height. She came to a halt as she started to feel her wings.

"I have to find her...like right now," his voice was a like a warm, sweet honey but strained. Her eyes followed the direction of his voice and she saw Bonnie. She was standing there, looking at the body with a sick and disgusted expression. Damon stood up from the ground, his hands bloody and fisted at his sides. What was he doing here with Bonnie? Why was he so far from where the fight was actually taking place? How long had he been here?

She wanted to run across the area and fling herself into his arms but that would mean, he wouldn't let her go. At least not alone and she couldn't risk it, not his life. She hid behind a tree and saw him running towards the area she came from with Bonnie right at his heels. Mia flapped her wings as she took the flight, her eyes searching for Silas but they kept returning to Damon and him running to find her. She knew, he never would. Not with what she was about to do.

Then, she spotted him. He was leaning against the tree, clearly enjoying the drama in front of him. For that alone, she wanted to kill him. As her friends dying was an entertainment. A dark hatred spewed in her chest as she pushed herself quickly and landed on her feet, right in front of him.

Silas' eyes widen for a moment showing surprise before he slid the mask of indifference again. "You're missing the action," he said.
"So are you," she said but couldn't keep the edge from her voice, "Don't worry. I'm here to deliver it to you personally."

Another heart spraining scream and she saw Tyler's body crashing on the the ground. Though she didn't know him that much but he was a friend and last thread of Mia's sanity broke with a snap. It was as if Silas could hear it. His eyes bulged out at the sight. Her necklace was bathing her in white glow, her wings expanding themselves. Her eyes were not hers as the single white color encircled her chocolate brown.

Looking at her, Silas felt fear for the first time. He could see the end and it was not pretty. He hadn't even seen Ariel yet. If he died, would he see her? Would she be waiting for him? Would she be with Henry at the other side too? No, no. He couldn't leave like that. He had to find her first. He tried to distract with her an illusion. It always worked.

Mia saw her surrounding changing but it was all an illusion, she knew. She pushed it out but then, she decided to keep her energy and ignored the new view. She could see Silas clearly and that was enough. She took a deep breath and she aimed her energy towards him. The others were still fighting but that wouldn't be for long, she knew.

She felt a new, raw energy seeping into her and she welcomed it as she directed it towards Silas. Her death didn't matter as long as she get to take him with her. He had done enough damage. She could feel the blood running through him, the blood of others, the one he stole, the one he killed for.

"This is for every wrong you've ever done," she said and her mind went to everything he had done. “You compelled her too, didn't you?" she asked after a long pause, thinking about Claire.

"No," he choked out. His blood was humming in his veins. His heart slowing in its pace. "I just mislead your vampire," he smiled.

"You impersonated her." It wasn't a question. She understood it and she had no idea she was capable of that much hate. First, she thought it was Damon's fault and then she blamed herself and then she hated her because of her betrayal but the truth was far from it. She was just a victim and so was Jake. Poor Jake.

"I wanted you to hate your vampire. It...would’ve," he breathed deeply, "inhibited your powers."

"He strengthens me," she hissed as she thought about when he fooled her by pretending to be Damon. He wanted her away so he could carry on with his disturbing plan. She shook her head as she went forward to touch his chest, right where his heart was and flattened her palm.

He was unable to move. He wanted to but she was holding him there. He couldn't move though he wanted to, so much. The pain erupted from the chest as if he was drowning in flowing, molten lava. It slowly spread through his limbs, his whole body, his head and he let out a scream.
His body twitched and convulsed as if she was performing an exorcism on him. His eyes rolled back in his head, his body getting taut with every second.

He couldn't breathe, couldn't move, couldn't stop the pain. "Angel," he choked out but his voice only pushed her to the edge as she channeled more of her energy towards him. She freed him enough to move because she knew he couldn't get away now, not with the pain he must be feeling. She took that extra energy to clot his blood in his veins. He fell to the ground, clawing the ground. His blood had stopped thrumming. It was frozen already and he felt nothing. He was turned to stone.

All the fuss stopped instantly as every person Silas had compelled feel to the ground. It took them all a moment to absorb the fact that it was finally over. They looked at each other with a smile on their faces. Mia had him. Mia had Silas. Elena jumped on Stefan, kissing him with desperation and relief. Klaus came to take Caroline's hand as they stood beside Tyler's body. Klaus slowly pulled her in and hugged her, burying her face in his chest as she silently cried.

Damon gave Bonnie a smile who didn't had it in herself to return it. She could see the dark circles beneath his eyes already. He was tired. Damon was panting now but his face had a look of concentration on it. He was looking for Mia, his angel. He was so proud. She had done it. He just hoped, she was fine and he wanted to see her. He wanted to know she was safe and he wanted to hold her and kiss her and love her.

He walked straight when his eyes fell upon her. She was clearly the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. Her hair framed her face. He could tell, she was exhausted. Her hair were sticking on her forehead but she still looked exquisite. Her eyes were unfocussed and he wanted to call her but he couldn't muster up the vigor to whisper a thing, much less call out to her.

Mia was drained, spent and exhausted but she kept herself up as she sent the last burst of energy to immobilize Silas completely and Damon collapsed on the ground. Bonnie rushed to him, "Damon," she let out a shrill scream. Others responded quickly to the sound as they ran towards Bonnie.

"What happened?" Stefan asked as he kneeled and looked at Damon. He was pale and weak, his eyes had dark circles under them, his lips were purple and he looked dehydrated or bloodless. He was limp, his breathing shallow.

"Stop, Mia," Bonnie said, "She's killing him."

"What?" he breathed out.

"They are linked. She's snatching away his energy. Stop her," she said aloud for everyone to hear in a firm voice.

Mia knew, it wasn't over but it gave her a sense of satisfaction. She wondered where this much power came from. She was strong but she knew she it wasn't that or maybe, it was because she had finally accepted that only she could end this war or maybe, it was all the rage she felt towards him. Blood, all he needed was blood, she thought and he would wake up again and she knew exactly what to do. She picked up a wooden sick and pressed it hard on her wrist.

"Mia! Mia! Stop, Mia!" Stefan was shouting, cradling Damon's head in his hands. Elena was glued to her spot. She couldn't fathom all that was happening. One moment, they were fighting and the next, everybody fell to the ground and now this. Damon was dying. It couldn’t happen, could it? He was the stronger one, the invincible one. He was going to be fine, she reminded herself.

Red liquid oozed out of her cut, flowing down her hand. She was so engrossed in it, she couldn't hear the screams or pleas. All she knew right now was that she had to make sure, Silas never wakes up again. She gently placed her wrist on his mouth and sighed in relief. This was it. She had done it and she was fine and everything else would be fine. She was smiling now.

Klaus dashed to her and snatched the stick from her hand. She spun around surprised but her eyes landed on the world shattering sight.
Damon. Her Damon, her devil was on the floor with everybody surrounding him. Goose bumps covered every inch of her skin and her heart galloped in her chest. She had no idea what was happening but it didn't seem good. Maybe, he was bitten. She faced Klaus, "Help him. He needs your help," she said desperately as she dashed to his side.

"Your blood..." Bonnie started, "Please, Mia. Stop your bleeding," she said.

"What?" Mia asked confused but her eyes were on Damon. She felt nauseous, her wings furled back into her and the glow subsided.
"He's linked to you," Bonnie explained again, "You really need to stop the bleeding."

Mia's hand went to her wrist as she covered it, applying pressure on it. Her eyes wide, her lips parted. She couldn't believe it. She must have heard it wrong. It was not possible. "Undo it Bonnie," she said panicked, "Undo it, quick. Please, Bonnie. Damon," she looked at his face, his eyes closed. Her heart was in her throat, pinching in the most painful way.

She tried to stop the bleeding but nothing happened. Why the hell was her healing system not working? She cursed. She looked desperately at Stefan, "Blood. I-I need your blood," she said hastily. In under a second, Stefan had his wrist sliced open and at her mouth. She quickly sucked it, hoping it would heal her, stop the bleeding.

The taste was bitter. She hated it but it was for Damon. She pulled away to see her wrist and little blood was still oozing out. She developed a sick feeling as she turned her face away and coughed out blood, her body rejecting it. "No, no, no. Damon," she called for him, "Bonnie undo it!" she screamed. She thought of putting her wrist on his mouth but her blood was poison. He would die surely. She then, put her wrist her in her mouth, trying to conserve her energy, taking in what she was losing.

Bonnie had started chanting already, Aaron joined her. Mia cried, bawling her eyes out. He couldn't leave. That was not the plan. That was never the plan. That was not the choice. His eyelids were turning purple and Mia tugged her hair.

“Damon! Damon! Don't, please, don't. Please, please, please. Don't go," she sobbed, "Please," she almost screamed, looking up at the heavens, "Love you. I love...I love you, Damon. Please," she broke down, resting her head on his chest.

The realization was hard and bitter. His brother...his older brother was dying. "No, no. Damon. Open it. Open your eyes," he was screaming along with Mia. "Undo it Bonnie," he ordered but kept his eyes on his face. His heart was beating. He was fine. He had to be fine. He couldn't go...he couldn't leave him. Not after everything they had been through. Not when he had finally started to be a brother again but the veins that had started to mark his skin told him otherwise.

"Damon!" Mia punched his chest, "Damon!" She was scolding him now. He couldn't do that to her. He couldn't leave her. Didn't he knew, how much she loved him? Did he care that little for her? She reached forward and pressed her lips to his cold ones, sobs wrecking through her body. "Come back. I know you just want a kiss," she sobbed, "Be a man and ask for it. Don't play this game with me."

She waited for him to respond but none came. "Kiss me, damn it," she pounded her fist on his chest, "Kiss me, please," her voice broke along with her heart and her soul.

Cam reached for her and pulled her back from him, taking her by waist. "Let go, Mia," he said but Mia pushed him away and reached for Damon again. "No, no. He needs me."

"Mia. He's gone," Cam said quietly. Mia turned around in an instant and slapped him across his face. "Don't you..." she started but Cam held her again and pulled her in.

“Shush, it’s ok. It’s ok,” he cajoled her expecting her to push him away. Only this time, Mia held onto him as if he was some sort of life line. She tucked her face under his chin and cried and cried and then cried a little more.