Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Compulsion

The rich, hot blood flooded his thoughts with pleasure. He never had anything like that before, it was too heavenly, too intoxicating. Mia winced when she felt the razor like object piercing her skin. Her whole body tingled with rush and excitement but then her mind caught the fact that the blue-eyed devil was sucking her blood and that sent her into a panic mode, she thrashed around to free herself and run. She whimpered and pushed him away with her hands but his iron embrace wasn't giving her much space to struggle.

“Please,” she whispered and everything came crashing down on Damon at her voice which caressed over him like a sweet touch. He quickly pulled away from her and saw it in her eyes, the pain, the fear. Looking at her now, her delicate frame, and innocent face, he didn't like it. He didn't like that he had hurt her that way and preyed on such a wonderful innocent creature.

And to make matters worse, Stefan’s voice boomed over the place causing a shiver to run through Mia’s body and against all odds, she leaned towards Damon for protection as if the monster who took her blood would save her from the blaring rage. And here, he thought it couldn't get any worse with Stefan’s lecture about humanity but when she reached for him, flinching from powerful and angry tone of Stefan’s voice, his world stopped. He never thought he could dislike preying on someone as much as he did at the moment but this girl was doing something bad to him, something wrong, something he shouldn't let get to himself.

“What the hell do you think you are doing?” Stefan started, “Are you out of your mind? For God sake, Damon. She’s new here.” Mia seeing Stefan’s rage was directed the blue-eyed devil for hurting her and remembering the pain she felt, Mia’s hand reached out for Stefan, her eyes pleading with him to help her. Stefan stepped forward and took her hand gently, pulling Mia to himself, away from Damon who only wanted to take her by the arm and stick her to his side.

Why? He didn't know but that was what he wanted. Damon remained quite though, eyeing the interaction between his brother and the girl. Stefan gently took Mia’s chin and lifted her face to his. Looking in her eyes, he compelled her to forget whatever happened. Mia blinked, and swallowed. She slowly shook her head as she stepped back, “I…I can’t,” she looked at Stefan, “I can’t forget it, Stefan. How can I when…” she turned to look at Damon for a split second before looking at Stefan again, “I can’t,” she said with finality in her tone. Stefan and Damon both exchanged a look, “Does she have vervain on her?” “Not that I can sense in any way.”

Mia looked at Damon and cringed, holding Stefan’s arm more tightly. Stefan didn't know what to do, this kind of thing never happened before. Ah! He realized he haven’t had blood for days, no wonder he couldn't do it. “You’re just weak, Stefan. You can’t even carry out a small comp…” “Just try, Damon,” Stefan interjected. Damon acceded to his pleading, yet irritated tone, taking a step forward towards the girl whose beauty shone in the moonlight. Mia on seeing, the blue-eyed devil advancing on her dug her nails in Stefan’s arm hoping to hold onto him but her eyes were locked on Damon’s as to calculate his moves.

Damon’s eyes took a different expression. Mia could clearly see the regret, remorse and care in those blue oceans of his. He raised his arms to show her, his surrender and intention to not harm her but seeing her, he thought he should vocalize it, “I’m not going to hurt you.”

There was a flash of anger in those chocolate colored eyes, this time he thought, it was definitely directed at him. “You said that before.” Damon was surprised at her retort, thinking she didn't had it in herself to say such words at the moment. Though it impressed Damon but Mia only saw the shield in his eyes masking his emotions again. He stepped forward, “Look at me.” He ordered but she was. Despite her fear and anger, he was all she could look at. “I want you to take it,” he raised his hand to his teeth, biting through his wrist, “it will help you heal and get better, ok?”

“Damon. Don’t do this,” Stefan warned, reminding them both of his presence. Damon, still looking at Mia, gave his hand to her so she would take his blood. Mia’s eyes snapped to Stefan asking for his acknowledgement at the act. Stefan eyed Damon and then gave Mia a small nod. Mia’s body tensed when Damon cupped her neck pulling her forward and put his other hand at her lips, encouraging her with his eyes to accept it.

Mia waited a beat, before closing her mouth around the cut from which blood seeped out. Her eyes closed on their own accord as the metallic taste of Damon’s blood invaded her senses. Her hands gripped Damon’s to keep them at their place. She could feel the strength in her body with every drop of blood that trickled down her throat. Her neck tingled as it healed, her body warmed and pulsated with new found energy.

“Sshh…it’s enough.” Damon cooed softly and slightly shifted, not fully ready to let her go but she needed to stop from consuming much of his blood “Hey, you have to stop.”

“Mia?” Stefan calling her name brought her back to senses and she quickly pulled away from Damon who felt peace and happiness before a pang of disappointment. “Hard to stop now, isn't it?” he smirked at Mia who was still reeling with many emotions to comprehend anything but her own crazy beating heart and labored breathing.

“Mia.” Damon’s authoritative tone made her look at him, “Now that you have enjoyed a drink better than a soda, I want you to forget everything that happened tonight after you came outside. You wanted fresh air and Stefan found you. You don’t know me. We never met.” Damon took a step back and looked at the girl like it was the last time, “Take care, Mia.” He said and turned to leave after giving a nod to his brother, confident of his abilities, knowing he was stronger than Stefan which is why he stopped dead in his track when Mia’s resonating voice touched his ears.

“Why do you keep telling me to forget? I can’t forget because you asked me to. It’s not easy and I've forgotten so much already…” she continued with her rambling. Stefan exchanged a worried glance with Damon, both thinking of any way to reverse what happened or to know why it didn't work. “Maybe you do need some blood,” Stefan mocked. “Shut up.”

Caught up in own thoughts, nobody paid attention to anything Mia had to say which is why she irritatingly asked this question third time before the brothers acknowledged her, “Who are you?” “You know that already,” Damon smirked and pointed himself, “Damon and my little brother,” he pointed toward Stefan, “Stefan.” Mia shook her head, “it’s not what I meant and you know it. You took my blood, no…you drank it…like…” Mia paused and swallowed hard. She didn't know anything, yet the word seemed familiar. It was like she just knew. Damon raised his brow at her while Stefan just stared at her seriously.

“Like a…a vampire,” she breathed. “Mia, we can explain…” Stefan started but she stopped him with raising her index finger, “Your blood heals and you weren't asking me to forget,” her eyes found Damon and rested there, “You were making me forget.” Damon nodded and Mia’s eyes widened but she squared her shoulders to voice the only thing that was internally conflicting her.

“Do you think,” she licked her suddenly dried lips, “that…that’s what happened to me? That it could be the reason I don’t remember anything since I woke up in forest with blood on my shirt…that some vampire,” she shivered, “fed on me and made me forget?” she looked from Damon to Stefan and back to him again. “What do you mean, with blood on your shirt?” Damon inquired all business like, “in the forest. Which forest?” “Damon. It’s not time for,” Stefan interrupted. “Shut up for a minute, will ya Stefan?” Damon said in a raised voice but stepped it down before turning to Mia. “When did that happen?”

Mia didn't want to talk about it especially with someone like Damon but she also needed answers and he was the only one who seemed willing to cooperate. So, she decided to forgive him for taking her blood and take in his assistance. The look she saw in his eyes before helped her in making this decision. Damon took a step towards her and suddenly she wanted to run to Stefan’s side but she held her ground. She took a deep breath and explained everything and he listened carefully. During the story, Mia had sat on the cool grass with Damon crouched in front of her and Stefan sitting beside her. “So, was she compelled? It could be that.” Stefan started.

Damon however, wanted to take her by the arm and ask her to pinpoint the location of where she woke up but looking at her now, sitting quietly with tears in those big almond shaped eyes, tiredness and sadness etched on that pretty face, he decided against it. That was so unlike him, he realized but he couldn't care at the moment.

“We’ll figure it out.” He turned to Stefan, “Take her home, Stef.” Mia shook her head, “No. I want to know. You know something,” she started but Damon cut her off, “No. I don’t.” The anger and hurt in those eyes was back, “Yes. Yes, you do. It’s written all over your face.” Damon furrowed his forehead, stepping back. Seeing Damon’s retreat, Mia knew she had lost her chance, so she adapted a softer tone and stood up to face him. “Please. I want to know. I can handle it, I know. Please.”

It was becoming difficult for Damon to hold back and remain quiet, “Please Damon.” Damon’s heart skipped a beat. Was he even capable of that? Just a mere name of his on her lips and his world was spinning. He needed a grip on reality and take control of the situation but one look at her, her shoulders hunched and defeated, he repressed sigh and took her by shoulder, joyed that she didn't cringe from him this time, “Now’s not the time. You need to rest. It has been a long night and you’re right,” he bored into her eyes, “I think I may have an idea about it but you need a fresh mind to take it all in. it wouldn't be easy.”

“You’re scaring me again,” Mia said in a small voice, his intense gaze and proximity pulling her thoughts in another direction but she resisted. Damon smiled at her and shook his head, “I don’t want you to be scared. I know it was…wrong for me to do what I did but I want you to trust me on this. I’ll see you tomorrow, ok?” God, he wanted to stake himself. What the hell was he saying? He really needed some blood or alcohol in his system. That’s what he needed. That’s why he wouldn't shut up.

The Damon standing in front of Mia right now was so much different than the monster she who fed on her just a few minutes ago. This warm, concerned Damon made her feel better, more at ease like with him she knew everything would be ok and at the same time she didn't know if she could trust him. She trusted this Damon though, even when something inside her told her not to, yet she did. The feelings she was feeling under his gaze were very unsettling. She never felt this way before, scared and excited, safe and in danger at same time or maybe she did but her memories just drowned, leaving her achingly empty. She nodded to Damon as a reply.

Stefan ran his hand through his hair and twitched his fingers feeling awkward witnessing such behavior from Damon and his interaction with Mia. He was in awe by the way Mia handled the vampire news especially after being fed on by one and was currently agreeing to meet the same vampire who not only a few minutes ago, pierced through her skin. “I’ll be there with him tomorrow. Come on now, let me take you home.” Stefan said and at the same moment Damon took off, leaving them both standing alone. A wave of disappointment surged through Mia but she ignored it.

She went inside with Stefan to find others who were all oblivious to whatever happened. Stefan took Mia home as promised with Elena while Claire stayed back with Jake to catch up with her friends and socializing. Damon, on the other hand, to escape everything went for a dinner as planned. Probably with someone whose scent wouldn't reel him in and intoxicate him. Someone normal, someone he could handle with ease.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, Comment to let me know if you're happy with it !!
Don't be a silent reader !!
Also, the song with this chapter is 'Slow Poison' by The Bravery. The song just plays in my head, sometimes while writing a scene. *Shrugs*
Happy Reading !!