Status: First ever literary work. Hope you guys like it. Kind words are always appreciated.

The Devil's Angel

Scary Dreams

“Maya. Maa-yaa!”

A voice kept calling her and she was running, her laugh bouncing off the walls as she climbed the spiral stairs. The dark figure had almost reached her and she pushed herself forward, enjoying herself immensely. The staircase took a different view when everything changed to a lush green grass and tall trees. “Maya, I’m tired. Come on,” a childlike voice resonated and she stopped right there, turning around to face the boy who had been trying to catch her for so long. “You keep running away,” he complained, his face still not visible. “Not away, forward. Running forward,” she argued. “Maya!” he chided. “Enrique!” she retorted in the same tone.


Mia jolted up in her bed, her heart pounding in her chest but she felt different, felt safe and kind of happy. There was just an urge to find him, to see his face followed by an intense outburst of anger, acting upon which she threw the pillow onto the front wall, trying to release her bottled up frustration and then, she thought of the most unlikely person to think of in such a moment, Damon, who would come in the morning and will probably answer the questions she had and then maybe she’ll be able to find Enrique.

But another thing was, she didn't had any dream like this since she woke up a week ago and this was so vivid and it felt too real. As much as she wanted to see Enrique, she didn't want these kind of dreams. She wanted peace and a peaceful night’s sleep. She sighed, laid back and closed her eyes silently praying for sound sleep.

“Maya?” “Yes, Sir.” She replied. “I asked for an answer,” a man in late forties reprimanded her. “Well, I don’t have answers, Sir,” and the class erupted in laughter. She was amused at herself for being able to cause laughter in the whole class. She eyes the class with her hands clasped behind her back.

“Hm…well then. Mr. Parisi, do you have answers?” the teacher asked. “Don’t I always have them, Sir?” he replied and the class laughed again, cheering him on. “I want you both out of my class,” the teacher scolded and they acceded to it. Looking over, her eyes locked with a pair of hazel brown eyes and she smiled in a secretive way, “You took my advice,” she said. “Hm…” was his only reply so she continued, “But you just cut them. You didn’t change the style.” “But I will,” he clarified. “Yes. But I’m leaving. When will I see it?” she pouted and he laughed, “Don’t worry, Maya. I’ll find you.” “Right,” she snorted and rolled her eyes. “Maya! Enrique! Will you both stop talking? You’re being punished.” Mia scoffed at her teacher and Enrique winked at her, both their thoughts in sync.


Mia’s eyes snapped open and once again she tried to control her erratic heartbeat. She saw him. This time, she actually saw him. God, she saw Enrique, those familiar hazel eyes etched like a photograph in her mind. But he was just a child, not much older than she was herself in the dream and she couldn't comprehend why people kept calling her Maya. She was Mia with same appearance and all.

The name Maya didn't set well with her. She didn't know what to make of these names and that face. He said he will find her. She wondered if he was looking for her right now or maybe he was looking for Maya or maybe he was with Maya at the moment. She wondered who Maya was.

Thinking that much frustrated her. She got up angrily, her fists clenched as she made her way to the wardrobe and took out the clothes as went in for a bath. Damon would come after some time, so she decided to patiently wait for him. She would get her answers soon.