Fools Rush In.

La Première Partie. (Part one)

Chère Antoine,

I miss you terribly as the days pass on. I wish I could stay in Vienna with you, and we could live with Mother all our lives. When she told me I had to marry this Colonel Tavington, I could not believe that I would be separated from you forever. Why could I have not married someone in France also? You are very lucky, my lovely sister...you are marrying the Dauphin of France. I am marrying a no good war hero. Best of luck to you and to your future events.

Much love,
Catherina Maria.


Tears slid down Marie Antoinette's cheeks; she did not expect her sister's letter to be this melancholic. Antoine knew that Catherina Maria must be very lonely in the new continent. After all, a war had almost just finished, only about a decade ago. There were not many Austrians in the new continent, possibly none at all.

The Dauphine thought of when she lived with Maria Theresa(her mother) and Catherina Maria, for they were the only two women left in the household. The house was not bustling with company as it did the preceding years. Antoine and Catherina Maria were often left alone in their room, doing many womanly things, such as doing their make up and coiffing their hair to the styles they loved.

Mainly, it was just the two sisters spending much quality time together. They hardly fought, or disagreed. Both young women had similar opinions, and loved each other very much. Catherina Maria was soon told that she must leave for the new continent. Antoine was devastated, as she did not want her youngest sister to be shipped off to some new world.

"Antoine, you must accept that your sister is to be married to a war hero! This is wonderful for our family, and a great alliance between Austria and America. You'll see, you'll be fine on your own until you must marry someone yourself." Maria Theresa had said to the Dauphine, before Catherina was sent away.

Still, Antoine had much ennui and sorrow within her as she watched her sister get into the carriage and be whisked away forever...

...yet, she held dearly to the memories of their childhood.