Fools Rush In.

Chapitre X. (Part Ten)

Catherina Maria spent several weeks in Versailles, with her sister. They lived in le petit Trianon for about five days, before returning to Marie Antoinette's Hamlet. It was a nice environment, and both sisters were quite happy to finally be together again.

Maria Theresa had arranged for her youngest daughter's trip to France. She thought that maybe sending Catherina Maria to France would calm Marie Antoinette, and allow for her to realize her duty as a wife and mother.

When Catherina Maria got there, Marie Antoinette seemed like she was doing her duties as both wife and mother well. One of the reasons why, was because Antoinette felt lots of shame because of her affair with Count Fersen. She wanted to forget it all, so she told her sister.

"...It was Count Fersen who brought me here from America." Catherina Maria told the Queen, feeling guilty because she had also slept with him.

That's when Marie Antoinette had had enough. She told her sister to get out of the country, and to never speak to her again. Their relationship was finally over. Marie Antoinette could not believe her sister had also slept with Count Fersen. She was angry at both of them.

Catherina Maria decided not to leave, and got an apartment with Count Fersen in Paris. They lived there for a few months, before Marie Antoinette discovered them. By then, the King and Queen had been thrown out of the palace, and were living in les Tuileries. They were under severe surveillance.

Catherina Maria pleaded with her Mother to do something about it, as she knew people in France hated Marie Antoinette, and wanted her dead. She did not want her sister to die. It was too early, they barely had a life together! They were just starting to get to know each other...

Maria Theresa tried her best to stop the people in France from killing her daughter. There wasn't much she could do, seeing as she was in Vienna. The French Royal Advisers were also under heavy watch. It looked like the end for both Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette.

Catherina Maria thought her whole life would end if her sister would die. It would be so unfair. She would try to fight it. She would do anything to stop this madness. Why would anyone want to kill Maria Antonia...Why?

Image


Je te retrouverai, mais un jour, tu ne seras pas la. Je dois donc continuer mon chemin, sans toi. Je veux que tu me pardonne lorsqu'il te tuera. Je n'oubliera jamais ta face, ni ta personalité et surtout pas ta tendresse. Chère soeur, je ne voulait pas que tu meurt...mais tu vas.

That was the end of the last letter Catherina Maria ever wrote to her sister, two days before Marie Antoinette was to be executed. Catherina Maria did not go to the public execution, but she could almost see it through her window...

...She could never forgive herself for not saying goodbye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Completed for now, not sure if there will be more.