Fools Rush In.

Louis XVI has a problem. So does Marie Antoinette. (Part Two)

Louis Auguste wandered into the woods as the rest of the hunting group followed behind him. It was quite the sunny day, and he had left Versailles very early. Being around his wife, Marie Antoinette, was frightening and made him very anxious. He did indeed like her, and he was certainly charmed by her...but that was exactly the problem. The Dauphine made his head spin and his heart skip a beat...

Chère Catherina Maria,

How have you been, my dear sister? I miss you dearly each and every day, and I do wonder how you are doing in the new world. Is it as beautiful as Mother described it? I hope you are enjoying yourself...

I have grave news. My husband does not want to consummate our marriage. I do not know what is his problem, but Mother is very least delighted by this news. I would be very upset if la Comtesse de Provence, my sister-in-law, would be pregnant before I. Please help me solve this problem, Catherina Maria. What shall I ever do?

With much urgency,
Marie Antoinette.


Catherina Maria was settled in the sun room of her plantation house. It was quite large, and there were many acres of land to explore. She did not mind her husband, who was a gentle man and loved being with Catherina Maria.

When the young woman read the letter she received from her sister, she found herself thinking deeply about what to tell her sister for advice...

...what would Catherina Maria do in Marie Antoinette's place?

This puzzled Catherina Maria all day.