Fools Rush In.

Masked balls and Independence.(Part Three)

Marie Antoinette, sitting in her boudoir, was imagining herself at the masked ball in Paris, with Louis, and la Princesse de Lamballe. They had become very good friends recently, and she adored the young woman. Many nights had passed with the two of them together, sharing secrets, eating sweet desserts, and choosing many dress designs and patterns.

The Dauphine desperately wished her sister would be here if she could be. She knew Catherina Maria would have wanted to go to the masked ball in Paris. It would have been wonderful. Both sisters, in their most gorgeous dresses, flirting with all the men there. Antoine knew that her sister and herself were very charming young ladies, and of royalty no less.

Alas, the young Dauphine was troubled by the fact that Louis Auguste, her husband, had refused the offer to go to Paris for the ball. She thought maybe she could ask him at a later time when he was in a better mood. Marie Antoinette would use her charm on him...

...They would go to the ball tomorrow night.

Image


When Catherina Maria learned that the men of the town she lived in were voting for independence, she was very worried. If there were to be a war for independence, would her husband have to go to war? Would she have to leave to go live in Vienna with her mother so she would be more safe? The young bride was very worried by these thoughts. She wondered if her sister would have to come back to Vienna also, as Catherina Maria would want no less.

Maria Theresa would never allow that, though. Catherina Maria would just have to stay here to live throughout whatever war, or independence that was bound to happen. She would have to wait it out, under the roof of her home in America, as the British colonies were trying to name this chunk of land. The New World, as her mother had addressed it as.

And what would happen to her sister in all of this?