Fools Rush In.

Pourquoi Je Suis Si Loin De Vous? (Part Three)

The sky was blue in Catherina Maria's part of the world. It was very warm, and she was very excited to go outside and look at the fields. Her husband, Colonel Tavington, had left for town for a few days. It worried her to know that he might vote against the independence of America. She did not really know where she was to belong in this situation.

The young woman felt afraid, stressed and often sick. She blamed it on lost sleep. One of the ladies in waiting for Catherina Maria noticed how sick she looked, and told her about it. Catherina Maria dismissed the concern, and allowed herself to take a bath after her excursion in the cotton fields. Not only did Colonel Tavington have fields of cotton, he also grew corn, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes, carrots and green beans. Eating fresh vegetables from the garden was a treasure that Catherina Maria cherished, as she never got the chance to have some from Vienna.

After the bath, the Colonel's wife decided to write a letter to her mother and sister. These were the letters respectively,

Dear Mother,

I am very frightened of the war and revolution around me here. My husband has been gone for more than three days, and I'm really melancholic about this. Also, I fear I may be pregnant. I know you say this is great thing, but I am afraid for what a world I may bring my child into. Please guide me mother, I dearly need your advice and wisdom.

Sincerely,
Catherina Maria


Chère Antoinette,

Do you remember when we were children, and you always said you wanted to marry a prince? I'm glad you got your wish. I bet you have the most agreeable marriage there is. Mine is wonderful, yet I am in world of hate all around. What do I do? I really need your help Antoinette. You are my sister, my dearest of all I have. Je t'aime beaucoup, ma soeur. Je te retrouverai...

I may be pregnant. I hope this strikes you as good news, and gives you hope for your marriage to be consummated, if it has not already. For me, it is the worst news possible. There is so much hate, violence and war all around, Antoinette.

Please send me great advice, I would need it...I wish you could give me a hug,

Catherina Maria.


Image


Reading the letter she received from her daughter, Maria Theresa was very happy about the news that she would be a grandmother soon. She did worry about the war and revolution in the British Colonies, but she new it would die down soon. England had won, and nothing could be done about that. It was just a matter of time before Catherina Maria's husband comes home soon, and they rejoice in the news of her being with child.

As Maria Theresa got up, she happily decided to reply to her daughter at once.

Image


Marie Antoinette was very happily playing card games with la Princesse de Lamballe and Madame de Polignac. She did not care far too much about the maid entering with a letter addressed to her.

"Leave it on the table. I do not have the time for that right now." the Queen said.

At once, she began playing cards once more, and she was beating both of her friends. This made her feel really good.

Tonight, there would be lots more people coming over. She was having a get together, and it was going to be one great party. Marie Antoinette began thinking of how fun it would be to have her sister there with her, but she quickly dismissed the thought. It wasn't going to happen anyways. Her sister was miles away, and there was no way to get her here.

Almost bummed out, Madame de Polignac remind the Queen that they were playing cards, and that Antoine was winning.

Smiling contently, she forgot all about her troubles instantly...