Fools Rush In.

Baby, Have I Told You? Time Flies...

Marie Antoinette was relieved when her marriage was finally consummated. It made her dance with joy, knowing Louis was finally warming up to her. She could tell things were different. It made her very happy. Her mother would no longer tell her that Catherina Maria had more than one child. Louis Auguste decided to go hunting that day, and Marie Antoinette decided to write to her sister,

My dearest sister,

My marriage has been consummated. I can only hope I am pregnant. How are Charles and Josephina? I am hoping my niece and nephew are growing up well. With this letter, I will send you a check for personal expenses. I want you to know that I care for you, and I am always thinking of you.

If I have a boy, I will name him Louis, and if it is a girl, then her name with be Catherina.

Love,
Antoine.


As the months went by in her pregnancy, she found she was more and more happy to bear this child. She knew she would love the child in every way possible. She would not exclude it from having it's happiness. She only wished the best for her future child.

Image


Catherina Maria was in her den with her children. It was warm out today, and the children hardly felt like going to play outside. The other children of the neighborhood seemed to be all inside also. The sun was out, but it was a boiling heat. Many of the maids and servicemen were finding work inside the house.

Selina, Catherina Maria's lady in waiting, was serving the children lemonade and mille-feuille. It was a delightful pastry with flaky dough. The children loved it, and they always begged for it. Selina knew better than to let them have too much.

Henry, had gone to war. It was inevitable that this would happen. Catherina Maria still remembers the night he left. She was devastate, had a child in her arms and she was pregnant with another. How can one woman cope with all this?

At this time of the day, Catherina Maria usually would have gone into the sun room to draw while her sister would play piano in their mansion in Vienna...

...those days were long gone.