Save Me From This Broken Heart

somewhere between the lines you will be found

Graduation day. The day where all seniors get to finally experience the feeling of freedom. The day where we shed a few tears as we think of the thought of having to leave behind all the memories we have made the past few years to make new and bigger ones.

As our valedictorian tells us of her experiences and what she has learned, I begin to think of mine. I've made a few friends, lost some too, but that's part of life. No one's there to stay. You just learn who the real ones are, little by little.

I take a look around. I see some familiar faces, smiling ones, crying ones, and those who are trying real hard not to.

Four years with these people, finally coming to an end.

We finally reach the end of the ceremony. It was like a really cliche movie, all of the students throwing their hats in the air, crying and hugging the people they spent their high school life with.

I did, too. Hugged my closest friends, promised to keep in touch with all of them.

I feel a tap on my shoulder. I haven't even fully turned around until I'm engulfed in a bone-crushing embrace.

"I'll miss you so much, Jase," He mumbled against the side of my head.

I let go, stepped back and smiled at the tall boy in front of me. "Don't, you'll probably forget about me once I step on that plane."

His face softened. "That's the point, it's practically impossible." He twisted his head in anticipation as one of his friends called him. "See you around, Jasey Rae."

"As to you, Zachary." I went closer to him, holding his arms for support as I tip toed and kissed his cheek.

I gave him one last smile, before watching him jog to his friends.

--*--

"I guess that's the last of it," I sighed, sitting down on my luggage and taking a look around at the place I called my home for four years. I felt the space beside me sink in. I turned my head and looked at the person who meant so much to me.

"I can't believe you're leaving," Juliette whispered.

"So can I," I admit.

She hugged me by my side, laying her head on my shoulder, "Please promise to keep contact with me."

I smiled, observing the empty side of the room which used to be filled with my things. "Of course, how could I not?"

The bedroom door opened, revealing Juliette's mom, probably the person who I considered as my second mother. I stood up and walked over to her, enveloping her in a motherly hug. "Thank you so much for taking care of me and for letting me stay here."

"Anything for you, dear." She smiled. "Let's get your things ready, yeah?"

After a few minutes, the cab that would take me to the airport arrived. We then said our last words, hugged and promised to keep in touch. I put my luggage in the trunk, and sat down.

--*--

The airport. The place I dread most. It means reaching the end of my life in England, but the start of my second one in Florida.

After the countless trips to the metal detectors, I finally reach the gates of the airplane.

I sit down at my respective seat, taking a look outside the window. Cars, meadows and wide roads for the planes to run on. The last bit of England that I would get to see.
♠ ♠ ♠
so the main character's name is inspired by all time low's song
oh my god i am such a band girl i