Save Me From This Broken Heart

i know that there's a place for me somewhere out there

The feeling of nostalgia hit me as soon as I stepped on the grounds of Florida, my hometown. I inhaled the scent of the oh-so familiar air, feeling at home once again. I thought of the people here, the people I used to know so much. I wonder how much has changed, how much has happened while I was gone.

I thought of all of this while going through the airport, collecting my things, and riding the cab that would bring me home.

I kept quiet for most of the ride. I'm never the one to talk a lot; to be the one initiating the conversation. It's not that I dislike sharing my thoughts, it's that whenever I do, most of the time, it goes out all wrong and misinterpreted.

I'm the type of person who just needs a mind to keep their selves occupied and kept company. So many things go on inside my head, it's difficult not to be lured into exploring more of it.

The cab came to a stop. I thanked the driver and collected my luggage, placing them on the sidewalk beside the car. I stared at the structure ahead. It hasn't changed at all, except maybe for the choice of plants decorating its front yard.

I find myself walking through the yard and knocking on the wooden door. I brace myself for what was to come next.

The door slowly opened, revealing a face I know so well. "Mom," I whisper.

I was then attacked by a body and a pair of arms, laughing and smiling at the same time. "Oh, Jasey!" She then let go after a few seconds, asking questions all at the same time.

My mother was the complete opposite. She always had something to say, always speaking her mind. She never runs out of words. They all come out of her mouth like a hurricane.

I just smiled and tried my best to answer them all. I then heard tiny tapping on the wooden floor from inside the house. I looked behind my mother, the biggest smile creeping over. "Phoenix!"

He came running to the door, barking and slamming into my crouched down body. I hugged it and ruffled it's long gray fur.

"It's so good to have you back. Your friends here miss you." She said from the kitchen.

"Have some of them visited?"

She whistled, summoning my husky. He ran towards the kitchen, me following shortly. "Occasionally, especially when they want to bring Phoenix out."

I sat down on the island counter. Admiring how my mother rearranged the kitchen. "I think I'll take him for a walk," I said as I opened the drawers, searching for his leash.

"Visit some of your friends," she suggested. She was chopping up some fruits, probably making fruit salad for dinner later.

"Alright," I bent down to connect the leash to Phoenix's collar. "See you later!" I went out the door and walked through the yard, closing the tiny fence behind me.

Walking down the street, I observe how so many houses have been renovated, from what I could remember. Trees and shrubs decorate their yards, occasional street lamps placed in the center of the sidewalks.

I heard distant laughter and conversation from behind me. I didn't mind it and just kept walking. Maybe there were new neighbors.

"Jasey!"

I stop to turn around, but was quickly mobbed. I felt a pair of arms hug me by the waist and lift me from the ground, swaying me from side-to-side.

"Oh my god, you're back!" I was brought back to ground, faced with whoever ambushed me.

They look so different compared to four years ago. Their hair's slightly still the same, but their choice of clothing has changed since, too. They've definitely grown taller.

I smiled and hugged Connor, who hugged me back tightly. "I'm sorry you had to carry my elephant of a body."

"You felt just like a feather!"

I chuckled, and turned to Riley who had his arms wide open. I placed myself into them, his arms instantly wrapping around my frame.

"Welcome back, Jay."

"It feels good to be home." I hadn't noticed that I let go of Phoenix's leash until I placed my hands inside my pockets. I turned around, searching for my lost dog until I saw him walking towards us, bringing Phoenix back.

I smiled and walked a few steps further. He stopped right in front of me, his smirk ever so visible. "Jasey Rae."

"Toby James."

I don't think I've ever seen the boy smile any wider. He attacked me in the biggest hug, squeezing the air out of me. I hugged him back just as tightly, leaving no space between us. "God, I've missed you," he mumbled.

"I missed you too," I said, slightly above a whisper. "So much."

We let go after a while. Toby gave me back Phoenix's leash and we walked around town, talking about my trip. I asked them questions about their band too, and apparently, Toby has joined them a few years ago. They told me all about their tours and who they got to tour with, and I told them all the places I've seen and been to, how school in England is like and the weather over there.

We lost track of time, seeing as the sky has grown a bit darker, leaving a mix of pink and orange. We headed back, and I found myself going home with the biggest smile on my face.

Nothing feels like home.
♠ ♠ ♠
jasey
and it's pronounced as jay-see like saying the letters j and c

okay yeah that's all
uh hoped you liked that..? sorry if it kinda sucks

because i myself suck