These Four Words

Sometimes the moon looks brighter than the sun.

Vic's POV

I heard the doorbell rang and quickly checked my phone’s clock; it had been two hours since the coffee meeting. I ran downstairs and looked through the peephole, just to see him staring at his feet, completely soaked.

“Oh My God Kellin, you’re soaked! Get inside.” I said, while he just walked past me and I swear I could smell a hint of alcohol, but couldn’t really tell.

I ran upstairs again and grabbed a towel, when I headed down I found him looking out, just watching the raindrops crashing against the window.

"I'm so sorry Vic. I really am." He said after getting dried, and looked into my eyes while tears fell down his cheeks. It hurt too much to see him like that, so I quickly reached his side and hugged him tightly, he returned the hug and sunk his head into my neck, letting little sobs come along.

"Everything's going to be alright Kellin, calm down." I said while patting his head slowly, trying to make him feel better.

He looked up and stared right into my eyes, only distracting themselves a few times by looking at my lips. Soon enough we were moving our faces closer, feeling his hot breath inches away from me.

When our lips touched I felt my stomach go wild, like a million creatures were inside and I couldn't control them anymore. He cupped my face into his hands while moving his lips so gently I could swear they were going to melt into mine. He broke apart and rested his forehead against mine, while his hands still caressed my cheeks.

"You are so beautiful Vic but I can't do this." He sighed with eyes closed.

"I know Kells, I know."

"Can I stay here tonight? I'm leaving tomorrow and I want to spend some time with you before leaving." He looked at me with puppy eyes and he knew I couldn’t say no to those.

"Of course, let's go upstairs."

We got up the couches and walked to the bedroom. I searched through my dresser and handed him some pants and a comfortable shirt. While he changed in the bathroom I decided to get into bed. I was falling asleep already when I felt him snuggle next to me, holding my waist with his left arm.

"You're leaving me just when I thought you were mine." I said, feeling really sleepy out of the blue.

I heard him sigh and then I felt him burying his head at the back of my head before drifting off completely.

When I woke up, I yawned and rubbed my eyes to make my vision clear. Something was missing, Kellin was missing. I sat up straight trying to remember what had happened last night, just to see the clothes I had lent him perfectly folded over the dresser. It wasn't a dream, he had been here.

A sudden feeling of emptiness filled my chest as tears were falling freely down my eyes. I couldn't breathe properly, it hurt too much. He had left without saying goodbye.

I reached out and grabbed my phone of the nightstand, dialing his number.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is going to be at least 5 chapters, so it's really short but I'm gonna keep writing the other one as well… hope you're enjoying them (: Please comment something.

Title: Million Dollar Houses (The Painter) - Pierce The Veil