These Four Words

There's no good time for bad news.

Kellin's POV

I opened my eyes and instantly looked at the large window next to the bed, I noticed that the sun was about to rise since you could see a few sunlight going through the clouds that were hovering all over town, indicating it would be raining all day long.

I looked down next to me and I saw him clenching to my chest so tightly that I was afraid he was going go wake up when I left the bed, but he didn't. I changed into my clothes and folded his, leaving them over the dresser. I looked at him for a few minutes before walking out the door and leaving the apartment for good.

I walked down the street for a bit before taking a cab to the hotel I had planed staying at, just to pick up my bags and check out. Then I headed to the airport and made my way to the waiting room, I was awaiting the call to board the flight that would take me away from here when my phone started to ring.

I looked at the screen and it read "Vic", I hesitated for a second but answered anyway.

"Hello?" I said, my voice coming out a little bit too harsh.

"Please don't leave." I could tell he had been crying, his voice sounded like it was about to break.

"You can't ask me that, Vic." I said softly, although I could hear him crying on the other line.

"Do you still love me? I am dying to know. Or did you forget what we shared?" He asked through a cracked voice.

"Don't make this harder than it has to be." I said trying not to cry myself.

“Tell me you don’t love me anymore and you won’t hear a thing from me.” He said, through sobs.

I through about it for a moment, if he knew that I still loved him, he was going to cling to the hope of getting back together and never let go, and as much I truly loved him, I couldn't make that to him.

"No, I don't love you." Those words felt like venom coming out of my mouth but I had to make it.

“You don't mean that." He sobbed. "Please say you don't mean it."

"I'm sorry Vic, it's true. I have to leave now." I hung up on him and turned my phone off, not waiting for any reply from his part.

“First call for flight 404. Passengers in gates 3 and 4, please board now.” I heard a woman say through the speakers, I got up and started to walk to gate 4 that was right in front of me. The stewardess took my ticket and wished me a happy flight, like it was even possible. Once I was inside the plane, I made my way to the seat, rested my head on the back and closed my eyes, trying to fight the tears back.

About fifteen minutes later the plain departed, leaving San Diego behind and Vic in it. Believe me when I say that this hurt much more than it should.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this have been short, but that's how the story goes, so… sorry. Oh, and I'm working on a fic I already wrote a few years ago and making it Kellic, hopefully I will post it later today (:

Title: These Four Words - The Maine