Status: Update every Saturday/ Sunday

Get Down on Your Knees and Tell Me You Love Me.

Chapter 1 — You're not a hero, You're a liar

Jack has been packing up his clothes as his mother waits for him in the car. Finally Jack got accepted to a college and the fact that he was finally going away and doing things on his own was great. He didn't want to deal with his parents or the people there. He wanted to be free on his own. He was so done with everyone's shit, it wasn't even funny.

Jack grunted at the fact that he couldn't fit the rest of his things in some of the boxes so he just decided to leave some of his things behind. It wouldn't really matter anyways. He sighed and walked out of his room carrying out the last box and stopped by in front of the mirror that hung in the hallway and was disappointed at his reflection. He had dark bags under his eyes and, and he looked like shit overall. Out of all the shit that has happened he has hope that things will get better this year at a college. Maybe he could have some fun their. Once he was outside his mother gave him a reassuring smile that made Jack smile back. He put the last box in the back seat of her car and then got in himself. His mom just gave him a small smile. they hadn't really been talking today, but it's not like Jack cares. He really doesn't care about anything anymore, not since his father left his mom and him. Jack cringed at the memory of his father telling him he's not the kind of son any parent would want and his last final words to him before he left. They weren't really the caring kind of words, no actually they were far from that. In fact that was what haunted him. It never left his mind, how abusive and how much his father changed after he found out that Jack was indeed gay.

It was a shock to everyone not about Jack being gay, but about how his father changed in an instant, he was once a caring lovable person that would do anything for Jack. His father once loved him. But his mother didn't blame him, of course... She said that it was just the alcohol and drugs talking. He was never sober to begin with. So basically it wasn't the alcohol talking, it was his normal self. But what a drunk person says is the sober mans thoughts.

Barakats thoughts were broken off by the sound of the engine turning off. "holy fuck that was quick" He thought. He saw many buildings and realized how hard it would be to walk from one to the other. The perimeter was covered by trees so the campus was kind of isolated. Jack and his mother scurried along to find the main building and asked many people where it was. It was actually embarrassing due to the fact that they passed right by it once. It wasn't hard to miss though . It had a sign right next to it that read main building. They got inside and saw a very busy office. The room had couches, computers and the main desk. followed by doors too other rooms. Finally he got to the desk where he told this lady that he was new and was supposed to be here two months ago, but just now got the letter of acceptance of the college. She demanded to see his I.D and the letter before she let him sign anything or choose classes. The lady smiled and apologized for her attitude and handed him a small packet and told him to read everything and sign. Since he didn't really have a major he just had to take basic classes for the semester, or until he knew what he wanted to be. While jack wrote down things in his bad handwriting his mother spoke to the lady at the counter since everyone left. He had no idea what they were talking about but it didn't really concern him right now.

He handed in the papers and the lady, Who's name was Holly, and she called in an R.A. who lived in the same hallway he was going to be in so he could show him everything. They picked up some of his bags and headed into another building not far from the main one and walked two flights of stairs, considering that the elevators were way far back into the hallways, they decided to walk.. which was a bad idea. But once they got to the room jack was going to be living in for this school year the R.A just told him the basics of how once a month they're going to check the room for dangers of some sort and that it should be left clean or that would effect their choice for next year. I just nodded and noticed someones stuff on one side of the room with a bed filled with dirty clothes and shit.. So much for a clean room, He thought. He put his stuff on the other side of the room knowing it's his and once the RA, whose name was Brendon, left his mother and Jack decided to put in some of his stuff in order.

"So jack, Do you think you'll like it here? I mean i think this'll be good for you. You'll make new friends and everything" His mother said as she smiled sadly.

"Oh yeah, it'll be fine mom, I mean if i need anything i'll just take the metro bus home, It's like a 45 minute drive" He said reassuring her as he Hugged him and told him to be careful. She soon left after she helped me put some things up and i laid down thinking about what it would be like here. He was so deep into his thoughts that when he heard someone knock it scared the crap out of him.

"Oh uh, Hey yeah you must be Jack? I dunno but yeah i'm Rian. Your roommate thing or whatever it is that they call it" Rian said in a happy tone which wasn't something Jack heard everyday. He smiled at how cute he acted and jack pinched himself, remembering no one here was gay, and it was frowned upon. Well thats what he thought.

"yeah this is Jack and well yeah. Nice to meet you" He said in his shy hushed toned. Rian sat down in his bed legs crossed looking towards him as he got a message from his mom that she'd pick him up in the main office tomorrow for breakfast. He instantly replied that it'd be a good time at around 10 am.

"So why are you so late? I mean school started two months ago.." He said as he fixed the position he was sitting in "Oh and i like your shirt" Jack looked down to see what he wore and made an "O" face.

"I didn't get my acceptance letter until just two weeks ago, so i couldn't really not go . I wanted to get away from home and everything." he replied.

"Oh i see. Well welcome to college. " Rian said . They continued talking about this college Jack was staying in and at around 10 past 12 they decided to sleep. Jack knew he was not going to sleep much. Sleep just wasn't his thing. He plugged in his charger and put his headphones on listening to Blink-182 and My Chemical Romance on repeat. He really hoped college would change something he thought as he stared at the dark ceiling.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter.

Re-edited on July 21 , 2013

Tell me what you think

Title Credit: All Time Low