Veer

The Future Carters

"Je-oh god. Jeff we don't have a lot of time," Maya said as she gripped his hair.

"We never have a lot of time, relax," Jeff reconnected to her neck as he pushed her skirt up.

The couple was using the rare alone time to catch up on romance. Sadly, with the carpool from soccer giving them only about half an hour they didn't have that much time for real romance. Rather they had time for sex up against their bedroom wall with their clothes mostly still on just in case.

"You feel so good baby, I miss this," Jeff groaned as he thrusted into Maya.

"God you make me wish I didn't have a daughter so we could do this more often," she moaned tightening a bit as her climax came closer.

"Don't say that. We both love her, most of the time."

"Not when she prevents me from feeling li - oh oh oh." Maya let her head fall back as pleasure overcame her.

Jeff grunted into her neck as he came. She let her feet fall to the ground as they both caught their breath from their first orgasm in weeks.

They were almost too caught up in their bliss to hear the footsteps running up the stairs.

Maya couldn't move but Jeff quickly pull out and put on his shorts the rest of the way just in time for Jessa to walk in and see the partially sweaty couple.

"What were you guys doing?" Jessa asked.

"We were uh- twerking." Maya blurted out.

"You guys are weird." Jessa scrunched up her nose.

"And you shouldn't be wearing your cleats in the house, go get dressed we're going to the Brown's tonight," Jeff said to Jessa who ran off to her room before he turned to Maya, "twerking? Really?"

"It was the first thing I thought of and it slipped out."

^^^^^^^^^^

Once they arrived at the Brown’s the families split up. Jessa ran off after the three Brown boys. Maya was sure that Jessa had a crush on the oldest Brown, Jake, because she was always adamant about him being her husband when they played, forcing Mason and Cooper to be her children. Maya and Nicole laughed at their children as Jessa carried the youngest like a baby. The men went off to the barbecue to fix dinner while the women talked.

“She is so ridiculous, she gets like this every time she’s around little kids. She’s six years old and she’s already obsessed with babies.”

“I think it’s adorable. It’s good to know my future daughter-in-law is going to want to have kids,” Nicole laughed.

“You see that too? I think Jake and Jessa would be adorable together.”

“Dustin told me he saw Jake giving her a kiss the other day while they were playing, he’s been planning the wedding ever since. He wants a girl so bad.”

“Awww, well don’t pass that news on to Jeff. He’s so protective about Jess and she’s not even his biological kid.”

“He’s such a cute dad when are you going to give him his own kid?”

“Well Jessa wants it to be tomorrow. He found out Jaclyn Quick is pregnant and doesn’t find it fair that Madison is three and getting a sibling and she is six and has no one. But Jeff and I haven’t really talked about more kids; we barely get time to ourselves with the handful I already produced. How did you manage to have kids and make more at the same time?”

“Well we pawned them off and make time. I mean we managed to make another one a few months ago…” Nicole trailed off.

“No way, you’re pregnant again?”

“Yes, three months. Just praying for a little girl that I can buy dresses and Dustin and the boys can get all protective about.”

“It’ll be a girl. I’m pretty sure fate knows you deserve it.”

“Thanks, and you deserve a break for you and Jeff to rekindle that fiery passion.”

“Tell me about it, I told Jessa we were twerking to cover up the fact she walked in on us,” Maya groaned.

“Oh my god, you really need a break.”

“What about you I just have one little monster you have three with another coming?”

“I also had a husband the whole time and don’t have a full time job. You’re the incredible one. You went to grad school while pregnant and then with a child. And had a full time while raising your daughter by yourself for five years. I bow down at the impressive feat that is your style of motherhood.”

“It worked out, I just treated Jessa like a teeny tiny adult, which explains why she’s so… the way she is.”

“Well we love her here and if you ever want to get some alone time to make your own little Carters, feel free to drop Jess off at the zoo. We’ll be more than happy to get practice with a little girl.”

^^^^^^^^^^

The following week held a swift atmosphere change in the Carter/Spring household. Maya became swamped with work and wedding planning. She snapped at Jeff and Jessa and was very agitated most of the time. She was trying not to take out her frustrations on her family but she couldn’t help it. And with a certain call from Ontario earlier that morning she was at an all time low. But she tried to relax as she at a plate of vegetable stir fry and red the latest issue of Vogue.

Jeff came home that afternoon and saw Maya’s car in the driveway and immediately dreaded what he might meet upon entering the house. He walked in and saw Maya sitting at the kitchen table eating lunch. He carefully walked into the kitchen, serving himself some food and sat down next to Maya, preparing for the explosion that might come.

“So how are you today.”

“I’m fine, just stressed.” Maya said a little harsher than she meant to sound.

“Okay I’m just worried about how your bitchy mood is affecting the house, especially bubs. “

“Sorry, I know I’ve been a bitch. I just can’t seem to help it.” Maya sighed before putting her magazine down.

“Well what’s come over you? Just the other day you were happy and letting me touch you and now you’re cold and angry. Are you like pregnant or something?”

The words left Jeff’s mouth before he could think and he stared wide-eyed at Maya waiting for her response. Instead she dropped her fork with a loud clatter and looked at him with equally wide eyes. She was doing the math in her head before she shot up and ran up the stairs.

Jeff was unsure what happened but quickly followed Maya up the stairs. He found her in the bathroom scrambling to open up a pregnancy test before walking over to the toilet and sitting down. Jeff didn’t say anything, just sat on the bathroom counter and watched on.

“So I guess this is the best time to talk about kids.” Maya said standing up and placing the test on the counter hopping up next to Jeff.

“What do you mean?” Jeff asked as Maya set a timer.

“When do you want them, do you want more, how many?”

“Well I want kids with you. I mean I would want a few more maybe two? But it’s up to you when. I mean Jessa’s already six, do you want her to be much older than her siblings?”

“Well if we had a kid soon, then Jessa would be close to them for a bit then she would become a moody teenager and want nothing to with them. But if we wait like six years we get a built in babysitter because Jessa will be old enough.” Maya laughed bumping his shoulder.

“How many do you want?”

“I don’t know how many. No more than two.”

“Okay so let’ have two more.”

“My own little Carter clones,” Maya place a hand over her heart as the timer went off, “let’s see if we need to get ready a little sooner than expected.”

Maya looked down at the pregnancy test and let out a sigh of relief. She didn’t want to get pregnant so close to the wedding. Jeff however, felt his heart sink to the bottom of his stomach in disappointment. He didn’t realize how much he wanted another kid, a kid that was his own flesh and blood. Maya looked up to see the sadness painted on Jeff’s face.

“Are you upset I’m not pregnant.”

“A little, it just sort of hit me.”

“So that’s the answer to my question.”

“Huh?”

“We’ll have a baby as soon as possible, I guess I know what the honeymoon will be for.” Maya grinned and leaned over and kissed Jeff, who grinned back at her with a megawatt smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so sorry for the long wait! Life got crazy but I hope this sort of kind of makes up for it.