Veer

Substitution

The next morning at about 6 in the morning the couple was woken up by Maya’s phone ringing from the bedside table. All three occupants of the bed groaned, knowing that it was ungodly early. Maya rolled over and answered the phone.

“Hello?... Fuck, yeah I’ll come in just give me like a half hour… yeah I’ll take care of it.”

“What is it?”

“One of the models like threw up everywhere and then went into hysterics about how she’s bulimic again and I have to take her rehab and then take care of the photo shoot details now that she is in trouble.” Maya groaned as she got out of bed and began to get dressed.

“Okay.” Jeff shrugged lying back down.

Maya came back in the room, pulling on a pair of heels while trying to apply her mascara before she almost tripped over a pile of clothes on the ground. Picking up the garment, she realized that it was her lacy lingerie from the night before.

“Shit, Jeff.” She whisper yelled, throwing the clothing in the closet before shaking him back awake. “I’m so sorry but you’re going to have to get Jessa ready for school today, I don’t know how long I’m going to be gone, but today is going to be a long day and so you’re in charge of my baby girl.”

“Wait, what?” He sat up rubbing his eyes causing the little girl who still in bed to roll over into his side.

“I’m leaving for work, I don’t know when I will be back which means at 8 you have to get bubs and get her dressed, make sure she eats breakfast and then brushes her teeth. After that you’ll need to walk her to the bus stop, she knows where that is. Then do whatever you want but at 3:30 you get your ass back to that bus stop and walk her back home. Then give her a snack, she likes a capri sun with string cheese or carrot sticks and hummus. Okay?”

“I’m way too tired to get any of that other than I’m in charge of bubs.”

“I’m late and I will text you exactly what you are supposed to do but just remember to get her up at 8.” She smiled giving Jeff a quick peck and Jessa a kiss on the forehead.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

Later that morning Jeff awoke to the sound of his phone going off. Once he looked over he saw a text from Maya, with a list of instructions of what to do with her child. He stretched out before shaking the tiny person next to him. She whined before swatting at him. In turn Jeff picked her up and slung her over his shoulder carrying her to her bedroom while she squealed and screeched in tired protest.

“Now I’m going to give you ten minutes to get dressed, if I come back and you’re not ready I’m going to have to tickle you,” Jeff said while wiggling his fingers as Jessa sent him death glares.

Jeff quickly got dressed before heading downstairs to make breakfast; two bowls of yogurts and granola, something he knew was Jessa’s favorite, although he didn’t understand how that was a five-year-old girl’s favorite breakfast food. Just as he was about to go upstairs the little girl came downstairs fully dressed, dragging her backpack behind her.

“Good morning Jess, you look very pretty, I made some breakfast for you.” Jeff smiled before placing the bowl on the island. Watching the little girl climb into the tall stool and shoveling food into her mouth.

“Thanks Jeffie, where’s mommy?” She asked with a full mouth.

“She had to go to work early and doesn’t know how long it will take, so you’re stuck with me.”

“Alright, we’re going to have so much fun, I can’t wait for school to be over already!” she bounced up and down in her seat.

After breakfast and teeth brushing, Jeff walked with Jessa to her bus stop down the street. As they crossed the street she grabbed onto Jeff’s hand and kept a tight grip on it until the bus arrived. She then gave his legs a tight squeeze before skipping onboard and waving like a maniac while it pulled away.

For the next few hours Jeff sat at home, he thought about working out but he wanted his full attention on the time so he wouldn’t forget about Jessa. After a short text conversation with Maya about Jessa and how the hectic workday was going, Jeff’s phone began to ring.

“Hello?”

“Hey man, I thought you were going to pick me up from the airport.”

“Oh shit, I’m sorry Richie, I totally spaced, why didn’t you text me this morning?”

“I wanted to see if you’d remember asshole. It’s fine I’m home now, do you want to come hang out?”
“I would but I got put on Jessa duty, got to watch the kid while Maya is at work.”

“Bring her, she can play with Arnold and swim in the pool, she can walk so it will be easier to take care of if you distract her anyway.”

“Fine, she get’s back in half an hour so I’ll be there in like an hour.”

Jeff picked up Jessa and told her about going to Mike’s house. Her face lit up like a light bulb as she talked excitedly about swimming and playing with the dog. Once they got back to the house she raced upstairs and put on her swimsuit, running back down in a heartbeat, before searching around in the closet.

“What are you looking for bubs?”

“My water wingies, I can’t swimm without em I’ll drowned.” She said without turning toward him, until she came out victoriously with the floaties, “now let’s go!”

^^^^^^^^^^

After hours of swimming and chasing around Mike’s dog, Jeff decided it was time to take home the tired little girl. She sleepily hugged Mike and asked if she could move in so she could swim and pet Arnold forever.

A few hours later the girl was back to full speed running around the house as Jeff laughed and every so often chased after her. Soon their chasing game changed when Jessa decided to do crafts, pulling out her bin of supplies. She soon made a tiara for her and Jeff before deciding she needed to be glittery like the crowns.

This is the scene that Maya saw when she came home. There on the other side of the sliding doors was her daughter dancing in circles as Jeff sprinkled glitter all over her daughter.

“She’s really going to appreciate the practice you’re giving her when she becomes a stripper.” Maya said as she leaned on the doorframe.

“She’s not going to become a stripper, I’m not going to let any boys touch her vagina, let alone look at it, ever,” Jeff said sternly as he stopped pouring the glitter.

“Why would a boy want to touch my vagina?” Jessa asked with her face scrunched up in confusion.

“Yeah Jeff, why would a boy want to touch Jessa’s vagina,” Maya asked in fake shock as she tried not to laugh, receiving a glare from Jeff.

“Because boys are gross Jess, don’t let them get near you like that. But why don’t we have some mac and cheese now,” Jessa smiled, completely forgetting the conversation.

“Now before you go inside let’s hose you down, so the house doesn’t look like a glitter palace.” Maya grabbed her daughter and the hose as Jeff went inside to start dinner.

After Jessa was soaking and went upstairs to change, Lila sat on the counter as Jeff stirred the pot of noodles.

“So thanks for taking care of my baby today, I planned on teaching you the routine before thrusting you into it but eating disorders took precedent today.”

“It’s fine, I think I did a decent job, kept her occupied,”

“I heard all about the Arnold and swimming, I super glad Mike came home today so she wasn’t a complete Monday monster.”

“How was your day?”

“Awful, first I had to take this girl to the rehab clinic and check her in, for the second time in a year. Then I spent all day looking for a model to take her place in the shoot, and everyone was on vacation or booked, so then I had to be in it, which meant hair and makeup and all that shit.”

“You were in a shoot? I can’t wait to see those pictures, I hope it was a swimsuit ad.” Jeff grinned.

“It was, and it was awful, I was way too pale and I haven’t modeled in so long I’m a little flabby.”

“You’re perfect and those pictures are for sure going into my stall when the season starts.”

“Well if the season doesn’t start you’ll make a great nanny,” Maya laughed before kissing Jeff.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much for the feedback and subscription, it means so much. I'm sorry this update took so long. I work at a camp so getting around to posting is hard.

I would love to have some lovely comments!