Veer

Daddy Duty

Maya put her hands on her knees as she caught her breath. The sun had just finished rising when she started her run and now was fully visible as she stood outside. She had been awoken by a panic attack at 4:37 AM and after failing to calm herself with breathing exercises she decided to go on a run to clear her mind.

Once she went back to a resting heart rate she went into the house and smiled at the smell of coffee filtering through the house.

"Feeling better babe?" Jeff asked, setting a mug on the island for her and wrapping his arms around her small frame.

"Yes, sorry for scaring you, it's just all this wedding planning stuff, it got to me."

"It's fine, and it is kind of my fault for not helping out with all the planning. So this morning I picked which Save The Date I liked more and sent the company our guest list so they are preparing to send them as we speak." Jeff gave a toothy smile before pecking Maya.

"Thanks babe, that's really saves me some time," Maya grabbed her coffee and pulled the almond milk out of the fridge and mixed some in.

She sat down at the island putting her feet on Jeff's lap. Inhaling the scent of her coffee and letting out a content sigh.

The couple sat in a comfortable silence, only to be broken by the sound of little feet running down the stairs.

"Oh good you're home mommy, I woke up and you weren't in your room and Jeffie said you went out but I knew you weren't working so I got worried," Jessa said once she jumped off the stairs and went into the kitchen.

"I'm fine baby girl, just went for an early run. But it looks like you did pretty well getting ready without me this morning. Your braid is very pretty today, I can't believe you can do it so well now," Maya pulled her ponytail braid lightly.

"Jeffie did it for me, he's so good at braiding hair."

"I'm impressed, where did you learn to braid so well?" Maya asked with a smug smile.

"I have a sister, but bubs here taught when the lockout made me the official morning caregiver. I can almost French braid but it doesn't look good enough for the public," Jeff chuckled.

"Well it looks good enough for the wedding this afternoon if that's what you want." Maya said.

"Can I wear that pretty headband and some ribbons?" Jessa jumped up in excitement.

"Of course, now let's get you some breakfast."

^^^^^^^^^^
Jeff was zipping up the back of Maya's sky blue dress as she finished tying a ribbon on the end of Jessa's braid. Once she was done, she turned around and straightened out his tie.

The three then made their way to the car as they headed to the beach where one of the models Maya managed was having her wedding. Once they arrived, the group took some seats on the bride's side of the aisle.

"This is so pretty, can you two get married on the beach?" Jessa asked as she looked at the gazebo up front and the decorations around the chairs.

"Sorry hon we already have a place up in Canada booked." Maya said.

"Canada?" The little girl scrunched her nose, "if you weren't getting married in California why couldn't you get married somewhere nicer like that place in New Jersey Jeffie goes to?"

"Sea Isle? No way in hell would I ever get married there, let alone ever taking you there." Maya laughed.

"Why not? It looks nice and Jeffie always looks like he's having fun. He's so smiley in pictures."

"Yeah well that kind of fun isn't for little girls," Jeff smiled.

"Maybe when you're much older we'll let you have that kind of fun," Maya added.

"But I probably will never let you have that kind of fun," Jeff said pulling Jessa into his side.

Before the little girl could respond, the music started and the bride began to walk down the aisle. Jessa's eyes grew twice the size as she stared in awe at the beautiful bride in a long puffy dress. Jeff swore he could hear her whisper the word princess.

Once the ceremony was over and Maya had dried her eyes after the personal vows, they walked over to the tent where the reception was being held further up the beach.

The three were seated at a table with some of Lila's coworkers. They laughed at the best man and maid of honor speeches and ate until the bride an groom came over to say hello.

"God, I told you we shouldn't have invited Maya. Here she comes looking more beautiful than me on my wedding day," the bride slapped her husband's chest.

"Shut up you look amazing," Maya laughed as she hugged the couple, "congratulations."

"Thanks, but look at you, are you sure you're don't want to get back into modeling. I mean you are the woman who started her career pregnant and even after giving birth got in the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue. Us mere mortals cannot do such feats."

"If you keeps this up I might have to fire you," Maya scolded.

"Fine, ignore me but I'm right. Jeff do me a favor and convince your lady she should keep modeling."

"I'll try but ignore Maya and her beauty tonight because today is your day and you look great," Jeff said kissing her cheek.

"Yeah, Heidi you look like a pretty princess!" Jessa exclaimed tired of not having some attention.

"Thank you baby girl, if you say it, it must be true," Heidi leaned downed and kissed her forehead before shuffling of with her new husband.

They finished eating and soon the newlyweds were sharing their first dance. After the couple separated they switched to the father daughter dance. Thirty seconds into the song the DJ invited all fathers and daughters to join the dance.

Jessa looked towards the dance floor as she saw the rest of the young girls around her age, walk with their fathers and begin to dance. She looked down and began to absently kicked her feet.

"Hey Jess, do you want to dance with me?" Jeff held out his hand.

Jessa looked up at Jeff confused before smiling and taking his hand and walking to the dance floor.

Jeff held her hands as they swayed to the beat and even let Jessa stand on his feet.

The song switched and Jeff lifted the little girl up so he didn't have to bend down so much. She wrapped her legs around his waist and her arms around his neck as Jeff held her tightly and spun around.

"I'm glad you found my mommy Jeff, I love you," the little girl whispered as the song ended.

Maya smiled as she watched her fiancé and daughter dance. The song switched to a faster pace and she laughed as Jeff put Jessa down so she could teach him the shake, wiggling her body about. Maya stood up and joined her favorite to people so they could dance like fools.