Emergency Moonwalk

Emergency Moonwalk: Fourteen

Frank’s POV

I was staring down at Gee, who was below me after losing the tickle war. I was about to grab some popcorn and shove it all in his face when there was three loud knocks at the door. I was thrown onto the floor as Gerard jumped up to answer it, flinging me onto the floor, where I hit my head on the table.

I heard a door open, and suddenly, I heard voices! People’s voices!

‘Heya Gee.’ I coul;d hear Mikey say.

‘Yo Mikes.’ Gerard answered.

I heard heavy footsteps enter the house. Has Mikey gained weight? I propped myself onto my knees, which just about gave me enough height to see over the tip of the couch. Ha! I knew my allergy to heights would come in useful one day, I could be a super-spy! I watched Mikey remove his coat, before hanging it up on a hook near the stairs.

I sprang up to my feet, yelling out, hoping to scare one of them. Unfortunately, I think I looked more of a tit than a fearsome animal, as Mikey burst out laughing once I surfaced.

‘Hey Mikey.’ I said once he had quietened down.

‘Hey Frank, do you like my new nu-rocks?’ he asked, raising his left foot up a little.

‘Err, you dirty fat goth!’ I joked.

‘Well, I know I’m fat, but goth?!?!’

‘Yeah. And I know, you could still do with losing some weight Mikey.’ I laughed, punching him in the arm.

‘Yeah Mikey, you’re so disgusting.’ Gerard teased, sitting down on the large armchair, whilst Mikey and I sat on the couch.

‘You can talk. Gee-tard.’ snorted Mikey. His grin turned into a scowl as a remote control hit him in the chest, coming from Gerard’s direction.

‘So Frank,’ said Mikey, ‘who’s over at your place?’

‘Mia and Lindsey, why?’ I replied, curious as to why he was asking me that.

‘No reason I just thought I saw some people at your door.’ Mikey shrugged.

‘Oh, maybe it -’ I was cut off by an ear-splitting shriek coming from outside, which echoed all the inside the house. All three of us bolted up from our seats, and hurried towards the window.

Gerard pulled back the blinds, revealing the scene on the front street.

People were scurrying like ants across the street, screams filled the air. A car was lying overturned in Gerard’s bushes. The insides were burning, the resulting smoke gradually billowing into the air.

‘Dude isn’t that your car?’ I asked Mikey.

‘Shit!’ he exclaimed, running for the door.

I looked further out of the window, and could see Jamia and Lindsey running over the street, a look of fear in Lindsey’s face. She ran up to the house, Jamia closely behind her. Lyn pushed past Mikey, who was examining his car from a distance, and entered the house, grabbing Gerard in a warm embrace.

‘Lyn…why do you have sex hair?’ Gerard asked her.

‘It looks nice doesn’t it? Mia and I were messing around with our hair and I thought this looked pretty rad.’

I returned to the window, and pulled back the blinds again. A small wall of bodies had formed around the car, about two meters away, pointing, covering their mouths in shock or just stood talking on their cell phone. I looked at the underside of the car, where the people on the street couldn’t see because of the car’s angle. The fire was creeping ever closer to the engine…

‘MIKEY GET BACK!’ I yelled.

The car suddenly erupted, as ferociously as a volcano. The huge ball of flames spread out and up, forever expanding. Mikey and Jamia were flung back onto the floor, and I hastily flung my arm over my eyes as the window shattered into a thousand tiny pieces.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tyrell again, and i bet No-one was expecting that. Lauren speak to me once you have read this, i need to talk to you about the next chapter. Comments?