Status: Active.

Return the Favor

How Do I Get Away?

-Jack's Point of View-

I never thought I'd find myself in the current position that I was in, but somehow I had done exactly that. I couldn't help it. Maybe I hit my head too hard on my bunk and received a concussion. Maybe I had been drinking too much lately. There was a whole slew of possibilities for my issue, but none of them could tell me why I was thinking the way I was.

You're probably wondering by now what exactly I'm talking about. Hell, I would be too.

See, a few days ago I was on stage preforming with my band. It had bee one of the best shows we've ever played. I was loudly singing along with the song we were playing when someone had caught my eye. That certain someone just so happened to be our singer and my best friend Alex.

I had to admit, he was stunning. The way he was caught up in the music, the way he sang so perfectly. He'd make anyone's heart thud against their chest, but there's an issue when it comes to me...

I am the fucking Jack Barakat and the last time I checked I was as straight as a god damn ruler.

Why was I suddenly finding my friend attractive?

My head had been buzzing with these questions the past few days and as of right now, I really had no way to answer any of them. I had been avoiding Alex just because of the way I saw him. I didn't want to end up doing something stupid in front of him and risk losing my best friend.

I let out a loud groan as I laid back in my bunk trying to find exactly what I was going to do. I couldn't ignore the older male forever, but then again, I could try... No, that wouldn't get me anywhere in this situation.

There were really only two people that I could go to about my problem. Those two people ironically also happened to be good friends with Alex and were currently living on the same bus as us. The only issue with going to them though was risking them telling him...

"Jack, where are you hiding?" Zack called out to me.

Speak of one of the devils...

"I'm in my bunk," I yelled out and he came wandering into the room a moment later with a drink in his hand and a stupid grin on his face. I could tell that he was already enjoying the party that they had started right after our set was over.

"Why're you in here?" He slurred at me and I just rolled my eyes.

"I'm not in a good mood right now, Zack. Leave me alone," I said rolling over away from him and he placed a hand on my shoulder. I could feel his concerned glare burn into my back like fire.

"What's wrong, Jacky?" He said calling me the nickname that I somewhat depised. They had given it to me back in high school and it had just seemed to have stuck with me all the way up until now. I probably never was going to get rid of it.

"I would explain to you what it was if I didn't think that you were going to laugh in my face and tell the person about it," I slightly growled at him and he stared at me with confused dark eyes.

"Who and what?" He asked.

Dammit, I gave part of it away.

I climbed out of the bunk, grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, and dragged him into the back room before slamming the door behind us and locking it. His eyes still held the confused look, but I didn't dare to begin explaining right away.

The two of us stood there in silence and then he finally said, "Jack, what is it?"

"Okay... This is going to sound really stupid when I explain this to you and you're probably going to think I'm crazy, but-" I said until he cut me off.

"Explain before I go and get Alex and Rian," he said, his expression turning from confused to worried to slighlty agitated.

I had this thing where I drag out things a lot longer than they actually should be and right now I was doing exactly that. I knew it was annoying him and I knew that if I didn't tell him what it was soon, he was going to get our other band members and that was just going to make the situation a hell of a lot worse that it already was and has been.

"I think I'm attracted to Alex," I said before explaining, "The other day I just looked at him as a friend and then boom, now I want him as a boyfriend and I just don't understand why. You probably think I'm crazy..." I trailed off and he looked at me with a small smile spreading across his lips.

The look on his face scared me a little bit. I had no idea what he was thinking, but I could tell that he was up to no good. That's how well I knew him.

"Zack..." I trailed off.

"Don't worry, Jacky. Your secret is safe with me," he said, not losing his smile as he unlocked the door and walked out of the room.

I really hope that I didn't just mess things up.
♠ ♠ ♠
So first chapter... yay! I really think I could have done better with this, but yeah, I'm still kind of half asleep and I was writing while sitting at school. This is also my first Jalex so for the time being, you're just going to have to bear with me.
I'm going to hand this over to my wonderful coauthor right now so that she can write Alex's part before we set things off.
Comment/Subscribe/Enjoy!
Title Credit: Return the Favor by All Time Low

EmptySighsAndWine aka Kayla Sixx