Status: Active.

Return the Favor

Confusion

-Alex's Point of View-

As soon as the party started, I found myself drinking shots like water. We had a hell of a show today and I needed some drinks to celebrate ourselves. I bounced around cheerily, dancing along to new found glory remix that was blasting. Usually, I’d be doing this with Jack; we would jump and push against everyone wildly because that’s the way we dance. But the boy was nowhere in sight.

I frowned, as realization hit me. Where was Jack? I spotted a bottle of whiskey and took a swig and swallowed to feel better. I stumbled my way up, pushing among the army of drunken asses to find Jack. Where might he be? I wondered to myself. I wanted to see the younger boy. No, I needed to see the younger boy.

I scrunched my eyebrows together; thinking deep. There was one place the boy could possibly be at – the roof. We would both come out here sometimes to get away from the noise. Our own little escapade.

Just as I reached the roof deck, sure enough I could see the boy. He was chugging down a bottle of Jack on his own. Unaware of my presence. Yet. I slowly crept behind him, ready to scare him any moment now. However his next words made me stop all movement. “I know you’re here Alex.”
“How?” I whined like a little kid sulking. “Even if you were, you’re supposed to play along to my maneuver.” He chuckled at my response and sighed.

I snuggled closer to him, his warmth radiating off his body was so addictive.

“The stars look so beautiful tonight.” Jack whispered as if talking any louder would ruin the moment.
I was dying to come back with a cheesy line but Jack beat me to it.
“Not as beautiful as you.”
My breathing hitched in my throat and a knot started to form. I was unable to utter a word. His eyes widened as the realization came of the actual weight of his words. He cleared his throat and took another swig of the whiskey.

Tension was tangible in the air.

I stuttered out a “You’re drunk” before getting up to saunter off. He caught my wrist and made me turn around. “Wait, please stay?” he looked like a kicked puppy. And a cute sexy one at that.
I examined his face; searching of any clue that he would say something. But he didn't. There was a silence. However, it was a comfortable one. Jack was beautiful. Not the omg-i-wanna-eat-your-face beautiful but he was precious. His dark chocolate brown eyes and raven locks with the richest shades of blonde were enough to mesmerize me. I don’t know when I started feeling this way towards my best friend. I honestly tried to bury these feelings deep inside but getting away was impossible when you are in a band together.

These thoughts were starting to choke me so I then again desperately tried to leave. But I couldn't leave Jack alone. I could but I didn't want to.

“Alex?” Jack called out before I could even decide.
“Promise me you won’t question me when I do this.” He whispered.
“What?” I gulped as his face inched towards mine closer.
I looked into his eyes; trying to find an answer. My heart was sinking, I could feel it. Jack was acting weird, like different. My breathing was becoming slow and unresponsive. His right hand cupped my face, slowly brushing my left cheek. His other hand was currently occupied on the small of my back, gently rubbing circles. He pulled me closer, close enough that his breath tickled my face. The warmth of his body inviting enough and I surrendered in his arms.

His eyes turned a different shade of brown, the moonlight caressing his irises. He dropped his gaze to mine as if asking for some sort of permission. I gulped, finally letting myself gave in. Not wanting to question the answers for his actions, no longer wanting his denial. He was inebriated anyways. He would forget about what happened in the morning. Things like these don’t matter to Jack Barakat. After knowing him for many years, I at least knew that he wasn't into sappy shit like I am.

I scolded myself to snap out of it. His face was unreadable. But I could no longer bear the attraction. The alluring charm was enchanting me. His captivating eyes were piercing through my own. I couldn't tear away from his gaze; he was no longer studying me but looking straight back with the expression that indubitably mirrored my hunger.

Is this a dream? I doubted myself. Were we really getting this close or am I just imagining things? This proximity was killing me. The gap between our bodies was growing thin; we were both unsure of what our next moves would be.

“I've been wanting to do this and other unspeakable things to you all day.” His voice was enough for me to surrender. This was it.

Jack’s lips ghosted over mine but he didn't kiss me yet. My lips tingled from the slight contact. I was aching for him. His lips twitched expressively. If it wasn't for my sanity I would not hesitate to sling an arm around his neck and roam my hands in his slight scruffy hair and kiss him senseless. But again, we were both senseless at this point. What was I getting myself into? I lowered my head; trying to rationalize my actions in this drunken state. I’m one to think a lot about being bold and forthright before committing to whatever situation. Jack nudged his nose with mine, trying to get me to look up. But I was stiff and unyielding; unwilling to let myself get hurt. However, for the umpteenth time, I couldn't help but notice how lush his lips looked or how safe I felt in his arms.

Suddenly, Jack yanked himself away from me. “Go” he said in a strangled voice, as if he was ready to cry. “None of this happened.” He tried to convince himself.
I wasn't sure how to react, but one thing I was sure was I had taken it too far. I was hurt by Jack’s abrupt display of regret.
“Jack, I…” I tried to coax him but before I could attempt, he gave me the cold shoulder so that his back was facing my view.
With a shake of a head, I bolted off towards the party scene. Desperately wanting to get away from it all; wanting to drown myself in endless amounts of alcohol that when I wake up I would have little or no recollections of this night.

I found myself close to tears whether it was self-regret or Jack’s rejection I was not quite sure.
I spotted a couple of whiskey bottles waiting for me to take them. Before I could reach hold of them, Zack got in my way, successfully blocking me. I tsked out of annoyance. Why can’t I ever be alone? “Go away Zack” I groaned.
“We need to talk” was all he said before tugging me away from the crowd by his muscular arms.
♠ ♠ ♠
umm
i'm the co-writer here! you guys can call me Ger ^.^
So comment and subscribe! I would love to hear your opinions!
xoxo