Status: Active.

Return the Favor

Let's Meet a Victim of a Hit & Run

-Jack's Point of View-

We were so close. Too close. Our lips were only millimeters away from each other. It would take almost nothing to move forward and press my lips against Alex's. I didn't know what was running around in my mind, but it was driving me wild. The alcohol had numbed my brain and I really didn't care what I was doing until it had hit me.

"Go," I said, my voice catching in my throat as I pulled away from him. My eyes didn't meet his because I didn't want to see what he was thinking of me right now. "None of this happened," I said, half convincing myself.

What has gotten into me lately?

"Jack, I..." Alex began, but I just turned away, my back facing towards his beautiful self.

God, Jack. You're such a jerk. Only a douche bag would turn their back to their best friend after they almost kissed him. What is going on with me? One day, I'm perfectly straight. The next, here I am, almost playing tonsil hockey with Alex.

After I heard Alex walk away from me, I threw back the entire bottle of Jack that I had sitting in my lap, letting the alcohol drown the wandering thoughts in my head. Why did I tell Zack about what was going on? Why did I almost kiss Alex? Why am I letting this sudden feeling take over my entire life? None of the questioned even mattered as the whiskey numbed my brain.

I just wish I could figure this entire thing out before it ends up ruining my friendship...

~~~

Last night was a blur in my mind. I remember telling Zack about my feelings for Alex, but that was it. I don't remember if I ever joined the party, but I can tell that I probably did, due to the slight headache I had and the way my stomach heaved as we rode down the road heading towards our next venue.

"Jacky, are you awake yet?!" Zack's voice called and I just groaned and rolled over in my bunk, pulling the pillow over my face just to shut out his voice so I could get a little bit more sleep.

"Jack?" He called, standing outside my bunk and I looked from up under my pillow and met his brown eyes with the look of annoyance.

"Yes, princess?" I said in a mocking voice, just to see if he would leave me alone to sleep.

"I just just wondering if you wanted to watch a movie with us. Jeez, maybe you should have laid off the Jack last night. You're really cranky when you have a hangover," he said softly, rolling his eyes before walking off into the other room.

I groaned, rolling out of the bed. I wasn't going to be able to go back to sleep after having Zack call for me about ten times and waking me up from my slumber. It was almost impossible to get sleep around here when someone wanted to ask you a question.

I made my way slowly into the main part of the bunk where everyone would be sitting around the small flatscreen that we had, watching whatever movie that the guys had picked out today. It was probably one that we had all seen at least ten times, but it didn't really matter anymore. We had to have some sort of entertainment while we were on the road.

"It's nice to see that you've finally gotten out of bed, sleeping beauty," Rian said and I just rolled my eyes before seating myself on the couch next to Alex. I sat a little bit too close to him for my comfort so I scooted away a few inches and leaned myself against the arm of the couch, shutting my eyes and letting out a sigh.

When I opened my eyes, I noticed Alex looking at me with his beautiful hazel eyes. There was a look of sadness and confusion sitting in them and I didn't understand why he was looking at me like that. His eyes quickly found the television once again when he noticed that I was looking at him and I didn't know what to think.

I could tell that there was something going on, but I wasn't sure of what it was.

~~~

"Jack and Alex, you'll be sharing a hotel room together," our tour manager said as we were trying to figure out the hotel rooms after the show that night. I felt a lump raise up in my throat at the thought of that. Though, I don't know what happened last night, I had noticed that Alex was doing everything in his power to stay away from me today. Usually, we would end up going around and doing a whole bunch of stupid shit together, but today, he just acted like I was invisible and just went on and did his own thing.

I still hadn't forgotten about that look in his eyes this morning and I was beginning to worry about the older male.

The manager tossed me the key card and I looked over at Alex before picking up the duffle that I had sitting at my feet. It was nice to be staying in a hotel for once, but what I was worried about was who I was staying with.

The walk to the room was silent and not a word was exchanged between Alex and I as we made our way into the hotel room and sat our stuff at the end of the king sized bed that was placed in the middle of the room.

"Which side do you want?" I asked, glancing over at Alex, hoping that he'd at least say one thing to me.

"It doesn't matter, Jack," He said softly, pulling some clothes out of his bag and walked off into the bathroom without another word. He wasn't acting like the Alex that I knew and it bothered me.

I sat down at the edge of the bed and sighed.

Did something happen between me and him?
♠ ♠ ♠
Don't know where this was going, but it's nice to be back with this story. So the two main questions right now are, what is up with Alex and what did he find out last night from Zack? Also, will Jack figure out what happened the night before with the "almost" kiss?
I hand this over to my lovely coauthor for that to be figured out.
Comment/Subscribe/Enjoy.
Title Credit: Return the Favor by All Time Low

EmptySighsAndWine