These Four Words

And play with myself

The next morning after sleeping past noon, Sarah woke up and decided to call John to see if he wanted to grab a late breakfast. She was sure would be waking him up. John loved to get his beauty rest.

“You. Me. Dunkin. Now.” Sarah says the second John answers the phone, not giving him a chance to say hello.

“Fine.” He says with a huff, but Sarah knows how much he loves their coffee.

“I’ll pick you up.” John lives down the street, so they always carpool everywhere. Sarah and John would take turns driving to split the gas costs.

Sarah hangs up, puts her shoes on, and is out of the door.

She was anxious to get out of her house and see her friend. She also wanted to tell him about how she talked to Evan Carpenter last night. Sarah has had a crush on him for the past year. She didn’t like him as much as she liked John, but she figured it was a safer more reasonable crush. He was on the baseball team with John, and the second cutest on the team, in her opinion.

Once outside of John’s house, she honked her horn. Sarah is not the most patient.

John is visible through the window in his front door, putting on his shoes. He shoots her the middle finger causing her to laugh.

Running to the car, he does a little skip and hops in.

“Good morning, Miss Daisy.” I say referencing the old Morgan Freeman movie.

It is obvious he had just woken up. His bed head and overall messy appearance was to show for it. He was wearing an old battered up shirt he probably slept in, with jorts and converse.

She turns the CD player back up to a higher volume. The two always joke about her minivan. It was a ’98 Toyota Sienna. The van was ‘fully loaded’ when it was first purchased. It had a tape deck and a CD player, which was rare for cars of that age.
The CD was a mix tape that John made for her during the school year. She loved when he would make CDs for her because she thought he had the best taste in music.

“Hey! I made this!” He says with a goofy grin. “What are you, obsessed with me?”

“You caught me, I am absolutely in love with you!” Sarah says mimicking a preteen who is infatuated.

The truth was not as far off as he thought. Sarah had been thinking more about her petty crush on her friend after her mom had asked her about their relationship the night before.

“I feel like all we do is drink and get food.” John comments.

“That’s because that’s all we do.” Sarah laughs. Their friendship was full of parties and food runs.

Dunkin Donuts was only five minutes away, so they were there in no time. John ordered a cup off black coffee and a chocolate donut and Sarah got an iced coffee and a bagel.

“You eat your bagels so weird.” John says as Sarah ate the rim of the bagel before biting into it. She also was anal about cream cheese so she always got it on the side so she could do it herself.

Sarah rolls her eyes as this was not the first time he has commented on her eating habits.

“I forgot to tell you! Last night I talked to Evan. I don’t really remember all that I said because you know I get talkative when I drink.” When Sarah goes to parties, she likes to meet everyone there so she has numerous conversations that she has trouble keeping track of in her head.

“Evan? Really? Are you still hung up over him?” John was friends with him because they were on the same team, but they weren’t close. Evan could be a real jerk and he didn’t treat girls that well.

“Yes. And I’m not ‘hung up’ over him. I just think he’s cool. Still hung up over Caroline Peters?” Caroline was a girl in their Spanish class last year. John had made a few comments about how he thought she was ‘something special.’ Sarah thought she was a bitch. She was.

“Caroline is hot ok? I think I am going to try to talk to her at the party next weekend. I am going to pull the bro code on Jared and hopefully he can drive.” When John pulls the bro code on any of his friends, he just mentions all of the times he has covered for them, etc.

Sarah rolled her eyes. She didn’t know what boys saw in Caroline. She had no personality and she was boring. The only attributes that they were interested in were on her body.

“You’re not going to hook up with her are you?”

“I don’t know. We will see where the night takes us.” John says in a funny voice.

“I might hook up with Evan.” Sarah says defiantly.

“You would not. You would be too shy. Come on Sar, I know you. You would freeze up and run away. Remember Jeff? He tried to kiss you and you bolted.” He laughs.

Sarah was not good at that sort of thing. She had had three boyfriends, and they had kissed, but she was not about random hookups. She wouldn’t kiss someone unless she was in a monogamous relationship with him. She didn’t want to get her heart broken by someone who would kiss her and then move on to the next girl.

“Whatever.” Even though what he said was true, she didn’t want to be thought of as a prude. She knew she shouldn’t care about other people’s opinions, but it still got to her. She heard what people said about her in the halls. When she walked with John, they would whisper about how it was weird for him to be friends with her or how big of a prude she was. It was embarrassing. On the other hand, she would rather be a prude than a Caroline who gives it up to everyone.

“I guess we will see what happens on Friday.” John says after taking a sip.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I know I posted this story yesterday, but I have a few chapters written already, so I thought I would update again.