Status: I'll try to get a chapter up every week. Feel free to yell at me if I don't :)

You're Just a Daydream Away

Chapter 1

Jack's POV
He came walking down the hallway, laughing with his friends. People would stop him and say hi, give him high fives, and shit. Alex Gaskarth is the most popular, hottest senior in the school. He also just so happens to be one of the biggest douche canoes I've ever seen. Well at least that's how he comes off. He's arrogant, cocky, and kind of an asshole. Then there's me, Jack Barakat. I'm the shy, awkward, outcasted kid. Who just so happens to be deaf. Nobody really knows that though, I guess it kind of embarrasses me. The only people that know are my best friends Zack and Rian and my mom.I'm pretty sure that people think I'm just mute. I don't really get called on in class and i usually use my board to talk to people, but whatever. I watched as he stood at his locker looking really hot in his tight ass jeans and Green Day shirt. On the bright side he seems to like good music... I think. From what I remember they're pretty good. Rian tapped my shoulder,taking me out of my thoughts "Taking a liking to Alex are we?" He signed.Just then Alex turned his head and saw me. His smile quickly turned into a scowl. "What the fuck are you staring at Barakat?" He sneered. A shocked expression crossed my face and I quickly scribbled 'Nothing' on my board and flashed it to him. He rolled his eyes and smacked the board upwards,causing it to smack my face. I rubbed my nose and bent down to pick it up as he walked away."Definitely NOT" I wrote,underlining 'not' to get my point across.
"Suuure. Whatever floats your boat"
"Shut up" I wrote, feeling flustered. He laughed at me and we went to our little hideout under the stairs,meeting Zack there. "Jacky was checking out Gaskarth this morning" Rian said, wiggling his eyebrows."Ugh I was not" I whined. Okay maybe I was just a little but nobody needs to know that. I can actually physically talk to them, which is nice.I'm not worried about them making fun of my awkward voice anymore. The accident happened when I was in seventh grade so I know how to talk normally and everything but after four years of not talking much I'm a bit rusty. "Besides, even if I was checking him out the whole world knows Alex is straighter than a piece of uncooked spaghetti" they nodded in agreement and Zack pulled on my arm."Time to go" he signed. I sighed and walked a step or two behind them. Off to English we go. When we got there Mr.Esner assigned us seats,placing me next to Alex and Zack across the room. I looked at him in desperation and reached a hand out to him 'So far away...' I mouthed. He smiled and did the same thing back. I smiled back and turned to face the front, being met with a crumpled up note. I opened it up and saw, in neat writing, 'Get a room,fag -V' I sighed and got up to throw it away. On the way back to my desk someone unexpectedly stuck they're leg out tripping me. I fell to my hands and knees and I saw someone get up from the corner of my eye. I shrunk back at first but looked up to see Mr. Esner looking quite mad and seemingly throwing that person out. I shot him a weak smile and returned to my seat. He was definitley my favorite teachers. He had posters of bands he liked up around the room as well as some Lord Of The Rings and Star Wars. Plus he would always goof around with the class. "Alright guys. I'm going to be picking partners out of a hat and you two will work together for the rest of the year on the books we read" he grabbed the Darth Vader helmet with our names off of the desk and picked two out each time, rattling off the names "Ariana and Ian,Simona and Cullen.....Zack and Tay" God dammit "...Jack and Alex..." I sighed and dropped my head onto the desk. I peaked over at him and he looked clearly irritated. I don't blame him. Who wants to work with me? "Ok guys I know it's the middle of the year but some of you might not know your partner very well so I want you to say your name, your favorite thing, something interesting about yourself"(A/N: I know that this is kind of predictable but you're going to have to deal with it <3) We turned our desks to eachother and Alex started "I'm Alex Gaskarth, my passion is music, I play guitar and write songs" he said with a bored look. I almost started to sign my answer and felt my cheeks heat up. I pulled out the board and marker and wrote my answer "I'm Jack Barakat,I love the movie Home Alone, and I also play guitar" his mood seemed to brighten when he read the last part. "What type of guitar do you own?" I raised an eyebrow at him. Why is he all of a sudden being somewhat nice to me? "I have a custom Paul Reed Smith. What do you have?"
"A sea-foam green Gibson SG-X. What bands do you like?"
"I think I used to like Blink 182, Green Day, My Chemical Romance..." I wrote unsure of myself."I LOVE BLINK!!" I laughed and nodded. We sat for the rest of class with Alex ranting about bands he liked and their songs. It was a little hard to follow alomg because he was talking fast but I managed
Before we knew it Mr. Esner tapped on my desk, telling me it was time to go. Vinny came over and said something to Alex and he put on a look of disgust "That fucking blew. See ya tomorrow Baraslut" I nodded and scratched my head. I walked off slowly through the massive flow of people. I walked into my guidance class and say in the front, away from any unwanted people. I didn't have anyone in this class I liked. Sure there were a couple seniors that were decent and we 'talked' once and a while. I soent the rest of class finishing up homework while the rest of the class watched a movie. At the end of class i met Zack at his locker and we walked to lunch together. "How did it go with Alex?" Zack signed.
"It was...weird"
"What do you mean weird? Rian cut in. "He was actually being nice to me and we just talked about guitars and music. Then at the end of class when Vinny came by he acted like an ass again and called me Baraslut.." They both frowned and looked pissed. "Guys it's fine. Really" They looked at me worried but continued eating. The rest of my classes went by pretty quickly, I have some with Rian and Zack and a couple with Alex and his friends too. I said bye to the guys and jumped into my car and sped home. I walked inside to see my mum at the table with a plate cookies. "Here you go dear" she smiled. I gave her a hug and grabbed some cookies off of the plate. I grabbed a glass of milk and crawled under the kitchen table. Don't ask why I do this... ever since I was little I always ate my mums cookies under my kitchen table.when I was done I went up to my room and put Kingdom Hearts in and played my xbox the rest of the night. Eventually falling asleep on the floor
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi guys! Yay new story!! I hope you like it :) I kinda do... :P don't be a silent reader! Let me know what you think an I'm open to suggestions!!