Status: In Progress

Will You Let Darkness Fall?

Your Own Decisions, Your Own Mistakes

“For the love of God, will you be quiet?” a hushed voice demanded.
“No!”
“Max, fucking hell!” Dan’s voice continued. “At least let the poor bastard sleep in a little.”
“It’s his fault for drinking.”
There was an underlying smirk in Max’s voice, giving away the nonexistent sympathy he felt.
“Fuck.” I mumbled, sitting up and rubbing my forehead.
This was the hangover from hell, and it could only get worse as my eyes adjusted to the light.
“Josh, if you don’t get up there won’t be any breakfast!” Max continued to shout, encouraging the headache.
Cursing under my breath, I tried to get up.
I didn’t realize I was tangled among the blankets, and the striped sheet caused me to fall flat on my face.
“Josh?” Daniel’s voice called out. “Are you okay?”
“Yes.” I groaned, rubbing my shin and standing up again. There was going to be a bruise there.
Getting off the floor, I managed to stumble into the front of the bus, where Max and Dan were sitting.
“Good morning, Josh!” Max yelled, causing me to wince.
“Will you stop, short stuff?”
“I’m not short.” he grumbled, turning away from me and draining his coffee.
“Whatever.”
Reaching towards the cabinet, I pulled down the small container of aspirin we kept.
“Fuck.” I muttered, trying to screw the cap off.
“Do you need help?” Daniel offered, reaching for the bottle.
“No, I’m good.” I waved it away, successfully twisting the cap off – and throwing its contents against the wall.
“Fuck!” I groaned, as the precious white pills scattered along the floor and created a scrambled mess.
“Oh, god.” Max started laughing, watching from the couch.
“Shut up.”
Kicking the tablets aside, I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down at the bolted-in table.
“What do we have for breakfast food?” I asked.
“Doughnuts.” Daniel answered, at the same time Max yelled out, “It’s mine!” and reached for the last pastry in the box.
“Give that back, you little cunt!” I yelled, reaching across the table and precariously knocking the coffee cup.
He stuffed the last doughnut in his mouth, giving me a wicked smile as my coffee spilled over my lap.
“Bloody hell!” I muttered, fucking pissed.
This was becoming one of my worst days on tour, and I had woken up barely a half hour ago.
“Are you okay?” Daniel asked, fighting the smile off his lips.
“Yeah.” I muttered, getting up and locking myself in the bathroom. “Just fucking great, mate.”
Slipping out of my pajama pants, I stared at the red burn marks on my thighs before sighing and stepping into the shower.
The cool water was bliss, as it ran against my skin and washed away the scent of coffee and sweat.
Half an hour later, I decided I was ready to face the world again and turned the water off.
“Fucking hell.”
Of course, it was just my luck that I had forgotten to bring my clothes, or a damn towel with me.
It’s not like they haven’t seen me naked.
Parading my ass through the bus, I pulled on a clean pair of skinny jeans and a button-up shirt.
“Are you decent?” Daniel called out.
“Yeah.”
He was waiting in the kitchen for me, a white box and a Starbucks coffee on the table besides me.
“What’s that?” I asked, running fingers through damp hair.
“Well, this morning obviously sucked for you, so I made Max run into town and pick you up something.”
“You’re welcome!” Max’s voice called out.
“Thanks!”
Opening the box, I found a breakfast croissant dripping with melted cheese inside.
Satisfied, I sat down and started eating.
Looking up, I caught Dan staring at me with a confused and thoughtful expression, as if he wanted to tell me something.
“What?” I asked, after swallowing.
“You were fucking wasted last night, mate.”
“Yeah.” I laughed, reaching for the coffee. “And I don’t remember a damn thing about it.”
Yeah, right.
The only thing I vividly remember was Oli Sykes being a fucking cunt, but that’s not important.
“Well, you might want to apologize to Bring Me The Horizon’s front man.” he suggested.
“Oli?” I questioned, surprised. “Why?”
He didn’t answer, shrugging in response and walking away.
Well, fuck.
When I was finished with breakfast, I decided to be the bigger and better person and apologize.
It’s not like I had done shit, but whatever.
If he wanted to be a prissy asshole, I wasn’t going to stoop to his level.
It took a few minutes, but eventually I found him leaning against Pierce The Veil’s bus, a cigarette in hand.
“Oi, Oli!” I called out, trying for his attention.
There was a visible flinch when he heard my voice. He continued to stare at the ground, ignoring me.
“Hey mate, about last night. I’m willing to forget about you being a dick, if yo- ”
“Fuck off.” he muttered, walking off.
Well.
There was a part of me that hoped we were both wasted last night, but apparently not.
He really is a douche all the time.
“Well, fuck you too.” I muttered, feeling my hands shake from anger as I watched him step on his bus.
Whatever I said last night, I fervently hoped it would eat at him for the rest of his life.
Cunt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Always Attract, You Me At Six

Hey, guess what. I'm not dead.
Yeah, it's short. Yeah, it's a filler. Yeah, it sucks.

Buuut, it's an update. Right?