Cold summer hearts

Are we interupting something?

I couldn’t really walk so I buried my head in my magazine with my music on full blast. I was reading an article on teenage pregnancy when I suddenly realised Tj sitting across from me watching me.

“How long have you been there?” I yelled over my music, only to realise that he couldn’t hear the music coming from the earphones.

“About 15 minutes now. You know, when you’re reading you scrunch you face up like this…” Tj pulled a face at me that made me laugh. I threw my pillow from under my leg at him.

“Get lost!” As I said these words I really thought I never wont you to leave me. As if reading my mind he moved closer.

“Well, why would I do that? I’m perfectly happy out here with you.”
Suddenly he leaned closer only to stop when Beth and Jay jumped out of the car carrying lunch.

“Sorry we were so lo... are we interrupting something?” Beth just had to say it. I felt my cheek colour turn bright red, and I thought I heard Tj say, “You bet” under his breath, but I could have been wrong.

“No Beth, don’t get the wrong idea. God... So where’s the grub?” I patted my tummy and looked at Beth with a hidden message in my eyes, “HELP!” Jay must have seen this two and asked Tj to help him with something in the house.

I gave Beth a cuddle and knew she wanted details. But what details were there to share? Tell her I almost lent forward to kiss him? Or how I’ve been trying to ignore him only to find him watching me for 15 minutes? “So? Tell me what’s going on before I burst!” Told you so.

“Beth, there is nothing to tell now shut up, I’m hungry,” I slid to the side of the chair to try standing. At first I stumbled because my leg still hurt, but then I tried again and stood with a little wobble.

Beth looked annoyed, but I wobbled into the kitchen grabbed my Hungry Jacks Whopper and headed for the bedroom. Jay was in there, obviously waiting for Tj or me. “Waiting for me?”

He nodded. “I need your help with something,” I looked at him in total confusion, “It’s about Beth and me-”

“If you’re breaking up with her, I am not doing anything,” I’d kill him if he ever hurt her. Jay just laughed.

“Why the hell would I do that? I want to marry her you idiot. I need your help to get a ring the right size. I know we’re young, but we can have a long engagement. I love her, Michelle, and I am not about to go lose her.”

I stood there with so much respect for Jay. “What can I do for you?” I watched his smile grow.

“Come with me at 3 to get a ring. I’m so not going to get the right one on my own. We’ll say we’re getting some food to put in the fridge, and they should stay. Okay?”

“Sure Jay,” I secretly added anything to get away from Tj.

“How’s Tj?” HOW DOES HE DO THAT! I turn on my heels and left the room in search of Beth.

I found her in the kitchen searching for some beer. “Tell your boyfriend to mind his own business for me please.”

Beth laughed at this as Tj and Jay ran in trying to give each other headlocks.
I turned just as Tj went running into me pushing me agenst the counter. “I have a hostage now!” he laughed evilly but I knew he was only joking so I sat back on the counter and kicked his bottom making him stumble forward. “Whoa... Michelle, you’re meant to be on my team!”

Oh, was I now? “Since when did I start acting like I was 6? I think I’ll sit this one out,” as Tj turned I am sure I saw a flash of hurt before Jay had his arms around Tj’s head in a headlock. I looked at Beth and she looked at me.

“Should we...” Beth nodded. Beth got Jay off Tj and asked what the hell they were doing.

“Ever herd of fun?” Tj questioned.

“Ever herd of being older then 10?” Beth responded in the same tone. Tj just poked his tongue out. Suddenly Beth was on Jay’s lap on the couch watching TV, and I was stuck once again with Tj.

“Why am I always stuck with you?” I asked trying not to sound mean.
“Because I know you want my sexy body,” He laughed, “Nah, they just want some time together.” Then he came close and whispered, “He’s going to ask her to marry him.”

“I know, I am helping him with the ring at 3. So you have to keep her here, okay?” I whispered back.

“Hmm, on one condition; I get to take you out afterwards.”
♠ ♠ ♠
HUGS!

:] comments are good thanks