Cold summer hearts

The phone call

I woke to a phone ringing. “This place has a phone?” Tj’s voice whispers into my ear.
“Looks like it” I paused. “No ones picking up ill be right back.” I slowly moved from Tj’s arms so warm and cozzie into the cold lounge room where the ringing seemed to be coming from. What time was it? I looked out of the window realising it was already closing in to midday.

“Hello?” I turned to see Tj had come out and found the phone. “Hold a second ill go get her.. BETH!!!!” Next I knew Beth was out of bed and so was Jay complaining about being woken.

“Beth speaking? Oh hey Greg. Wow really? Sick. Yeah I think so. Okay thanks. Have a good one.” She hung up slowly and smiled.

“What. Was that about?” Jay asked while scratching his bear stomach.

“You guys wont to stay for another week?” Beth asked as her smile grew bigger and bigger. She has plans.

“Huh?” Well we can’t say Tj was always good with words. “What do you mean a week?”

“Well we can stay two if you like, Mister. Greg’s taking Mel out for a ‘before wedding escape’ whatever that’s s’pose to mean. He wont be back for another 3 weeks. ” She replied.

“I’m in” everyone looked at me as if they’d forgotten I was there, “What? Is summer right? There’s a beach out the back and shops 30 minutes away. Two weeks with you guys is like heaven compared to back home.” Slowly with my help and Beth’s we got Tj and Jay to stay. Not that it took long. Once we had Tj on board Jay came easily.

We headed to the mall to get some things for the fringe. It was looking a bit empty.
“Apples” Beth said as we walked through the grocery shop.
“Check” Yelled Jay from behind us.
“Ok. Milk?”
“Check” Suddenly Tj was standing next to me holding up 2 cartons of milk.
“Cond… “Beth paused as the boys cracked up laughing, “guys seriously. If you need em go get em we don’t need the public knowing you guys cant keep it in your pants.” I loved Beth when she had her moments with the boys. She could turn the joke easily onto them and they wouldn’t even see it coming.

“Nice one boys” I said poking my tongue out at Tj.

“Seriously guys. Next we need to get the ham” Beth said trying to ignoring the guys reactions.
Suddenly I was being pulled the opposite why we were meant to go. “Oomph,” I turned to see Jay pulling me along. “What are you doing Jay? Hams that way.” I said.

“Rings this way.” I straightened at looked over to the direction Tj and Beth were heading. What was he talking about? Them I remembered yesterday.

“But.. Won’t they notice were missing?” I questioned. This was going to be interesting. Trying on rings, helping pick them before Beth turns around to see us. Man what was Jay thinking?

“Don’t worry Tj’s taking care of that. So common, you promised” He reminded me of a 6 year old when he whined.

“Hurry up then. We don’t wont her to see us do we? She could get the wrong idea and we DO NOT wont that” We both worked out of the groceries down the street and into an expensive looking jewelery shop. Did Jay even have the money for this stuff?
♠ ♠ ♠
Its coming up...!
So jays ganna pop the question.
Will he do it?
Will she say yes? or will she say no?
Comments ^^