Cold summer hearts

Maybe its time for change

“Can I help you two?” the man from behind the counter, who was reading the newspaper, spoke loudly startling me. He wore little reading glasses on the tip of his nose and was ovisly expecting us to be in the wrong place. He was one of those snobby people who only expected to see people with wealth that’s in the hundred thousands. People who spoke through their noses, and looked down one people whose wealth is a lot less, similar to what we did. He wasn’t very tall and reminded me of the butlers in scary movies that end up being the killer.

Jay snapped me from my thoughts “Well yes I wont to by an engagement ring for my girlfriend. This is her friend Michelle. She’s here to help me.” He said slightly nerved by the man’s attitude.

“Let me see what I can find.. in your price range.. We have some diamond rings. Very simple and the cheapest thing we have. You might be able to afford it.” Said the man quit rudely.

Jay who wasn’t very impressed walked over to the counter and look directly into the man’s face. “NO. I mean I don’t want a diamond it’s to plain I wont something colourful and bright. I have the money and don’t you treat me like I’m lower then you. My girlfriend disserves a beautiful ring that reaches at leats half way to her beauty. But you atomically think that I am not worth your time.” Jay was not happy at all.

The man blushed slightly and stepped back. “We have some rubies and emeralds in the case just to your left, and some sapphire and topaz in the case behind you.” The man went back to his newspaper and remained quiet for some time.

Jay walked up to the cabinet with sapphires and topaz. There was a ring and right in the middle tiny sapphires surround a beautiful topaz and Jay just had to see it. “Sir can we see this one. PLEASE?”

The man walked over and took the ring out slowly “Tis is $5699, sir.” He let Jay look the ring over before asking if he wanted it.

“Yes. I do.” I walked outside feeling useless. He didn’t actually need help. I wonder if Tj and me would go that far. Wait. Are we even together? Doubt shifted over my mood as I sat down on the bench as Jay paid the man and walked out smiling happily. Just as he reached me Tj and Beth walked out of the shops and Jay hide the ring case.

“Where did you guys go??! I was like wait a minute; there are not 4 of us here! OMGOSHNESS they ditch us! But Tj just laughed at me” Beth was suddenly attached to me. “Hey are you okay? You look down? What’s up babe?”

I shrugged and soon enough we were all piled in the car and heading back to the shack. I watched as the road slowly passed by. House by House, Tree by tree. Life was passing me by, and I was letting it. Maybe it was time for change.

I turned to look over at Tj driving. He was concentrating on the road but when he turned and saw me watching him he looks at me for a moment. But that one moment, was a moment to long. All I remember is the sudden ache in my back and the sound of metal bending. The last words a herd were, Michelle I love you. Before I blacked out.

Darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
:] What will happen??
Will someone die?
Who said the i love you?? :o lol we all know. But could we be wrong?
Will anyone die?
Tell me what you think and want to hear! i think i might do a P.O.V of someone else's for a while.

:] Hugs!