In a Distant Land Run by Ancient Magic

Prologue

In a distant land run by ancient magic’s there lived four races. The Ontari who were the main rulers of this world were a great civilization, they used advanced technology and the magic of science to build an empire that sat at the height of the world looking down at the barbarism of the other races and laughing, they slow spread their empire without a care and had the most populated markets and trade anywhere. Next there were the Ranah, a mountain race of warriors that grew strong living in the harsh environments, they were the second nation and were, as you would call them, barbarians, they pillaged, looted, drank, and rode out not interested in expanding but in just burning those before them, they used a rough and uncivilized magic of seemingly pure destruction, though the women were skilled in growing things in the harsh climates they lived in, the Ranah were only held back from war by the vast desert that was near the base of their mountains, and those that lived there. Third there was the Razen who were a magical race similar to what we know as elves except for having long tails and ears like a cats, they were a peaceful race that kept to themselves and used natural magic to live in harmony with nature, they stayed away from the conflicts of other races but would defend their territories if provoked. Last there was the Ajeht, the red skinned Ajeht were those who lived in the desert, little if anything beyond rumors is known about other than they are the greatest warriors ever seen, no one dared attack them unless it was using an army against a small band, luckily they had no interest in war, they would not even socialize with the other races and were never seen in towns or cities, they were rumored to use the most ancient of magic’s to make them almost Gods in battle, the Ranah hated and feared them trying to fight and make war with them but it was like trying to fight ghosts who vanished and appeared out of nowhere in the desert.

One day sightings of the Ajeht grew less and less until not a single one had been seen in years, at first the other races grew more and more fearful and amassed large armies fearing an attack. As the years went by though they laughed about it and the Ajeht, already little more than rumor and myth, became just a memory. Twenty-four years later the unthinkable happened, all three races received a messenger from the Ajeht, the message was a request for help in a war against an unknown enemy. The races were shocked, not only receiving direct contact from the Ajeht but a request for help in a war, the races held council and decided the best thing would be to not send help and hope both sides destroyed each other, in their arrogance they believed whichever side won would then be easy pickings. They sent back a refusal and once again the Ajeht faded into memory.

Now, thirty-seven years from the first disappearance of the Ajeht they reappeared, masses of them moving into the populated cities, they still don’t associate with the other races and no one dared to refuse them or try to chase them out, they keep to themselves and wander the streets and towns with an odd look about them, sometimes you will catch them looking at the other races with a look of pity, the governments choose to ignore them assuming that both sides basically wiped themselves out. The Ajeht watch the deserts, they won’t talk about what happened, but for them to leave their desert….there are those of the other races that glance towards the desert with fear as if sensing something moving closer…..but we can only hope we never find out what really happened…..