‹ Prequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed

Why Wait?

Chapter 2

Rylan

“This is it.” Marliegh smiled at me from the doorway of the room I was waiting in.

“I’m ready.” I took a deep breath and looked back at my reflection on final time and smoothed out my dress, taking Mar’s hand in mine. Val and Evie each took one of Easton’s hand and Val lead her little cousins down the hall.

“You ready, sweetheart?” I asked, leaning down to Val’s level as we waited for our cue. She beamed up at me and nodded,

“You pretty, Ry-Ry .”

“You look pretty too, Val.” I smiled, kissing her cheek.

“I love you.” she hugged my neck and I blinked back tears as I hugged her tight. Today isn’t just about Milan and I, everything in our lives from here on out will be about the three of us.

“I love you too honey.”

“Ready?” Marliegh asked and I smiled, nodding as I stood up and the chapel’s wedding planner lead the girls and Easton over to the doors. Once again, Val led her little cousins off down the aisle and I smiled as I watched them disappear through the chapel doors.

“Is that...A Heart Full of Love from Les Mis?” I asked as I heard a familiar score playing inside the chapel.

“You should know better than to let me pick the music for things.” Marliegh shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

“It’s an instrumental right?” I asked and she nodded, frowning.

“Sadly yes.”

“You’re a loser, but I love you.” I chuckled, shaking my head.

“Do you want to go by yourself?” Marliegh asked, but I tightened my grip on her hand around so she wouldn't let go.

“No, I’m going to pass out if you’re not here.” I shook my head and she only smiled, handing me my bouquet.

“I’m not going anywhere, Ry. I’d be honored to walk my sister down the aisle.”

“Your turn.” The wedding planner smiled at me and I nodded, looking back at Mar. She motioned for me to walk and I took another deep breath before taking a step into the doorway of the chapel, at the end of the aisle. It was sprinkled with flower petals and I looked up at Milan. He was smiling wide and I gave him the same smile back. Mar started walking with me and I saw Brad clap Milan on the shoulder and whisper something in his ear, which made Milan nod, but he never took his eyes off of me.
When we got to end of the aisle, Marliegh placed my hand in Milan’s, leaning up and kissing his cheek before taking my flowers from me.

“You’re so beautiful, you look gorgeous.” Milan whispered in my ear.

“You clean up pretty well yourself.” I smiled at him and he silently laughed as I turned my attention back to the priest.

“We are gathered here, not to witness the beginning of what will be, but rather what already is! We do not create this marriage, because we cannot. We can and do, however, celebrate with Milan and Rylan, the wondrous and joyful occurrence that has already taken place in their lives, and the commitment they make today.” He started, and I took hold of Milan’s hand, “Let’s get right to it then, huh?” the priest smiled at us and Milan and I both nodded.

“Yes please!” Marliegh shouted, making us laugh.

“Do you Milan take Rylan to be your wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

“I do, I absolutely do.” Milan said and I smiled up at him before the priest continued.

“Do you Rylan take Milan to be your husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?"

“Yes, of course I do.” I smiled and Milan beamed back at me, squeezing my hand in his.

“The rings, please?” the priest asked and Brad picked up Easton. He went into the Velcro pocket of his little vest and pulled out two rings, handing them to the priest, who handed mine to Milan, “Repeat after me.” Milan nodded, and took my left hand, "I give you this ring, as I give to you all that I am, and accept from you, all that you are.”

"I give you this ring, as I give to you all that I am, and accept from you, all that you are." Milan repeated and slid the ring onto my finger. The priest handed me Milan’s ring and we did the same thing.

“And now, by the power vested in me by the State of Nevada, I hereby pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss your bride." He said and Milan and I leaned in for our first married kiss. Milan placed his hand at the small of my back and pulled my in close before dipping me and kissing me with all the passion in his body. I giggled into the kiss and Marliegh and Brad cheered and clapped, causing Val, Evie and Easton to cheer, too. Milan placed me right side up and gave me another kiss for good measure.

“I love you, Mrs. Lucic.” He smiled and I smiled back,

“I love you, too, Mr. Lucic.”

“It’s about time!” Marliegh exclaimed and picked up Evie, while Milan picked up Val. Brad still had Easton and we all walked back down the aisle and got our marriage certificate. Marliegh collected our belongings from our previous room and we thanked the people working at the chapel.

“Congrats guys!” they smiled back at us.

We took a cab to the Las Vegas sign and took millions of pictures in front of it. Some of all of us with the help of some really nice tourists, some individuals, some of just the kids, just Marliegh and Brad, Marliegh, Brad, Evie and Eason, Milan, Val and me, but most of Milan and me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two updates in one week? I'm so good to you guys! :P hahaha, I love you!!
Nicole xx (: