‹ Prequel: All Your Life
Status: Completed

Why Wait?

Chapter 4

Milan
“How do I look?” Rylan asked, looking in the mirror.

“Beautiful.” I smiled, coming up behind her.

“You think so?” she smiled, smoothing her dress out, playing with the belt. I wrapped my arms around her waist.

“I know so. You’re always beautiful, Ry.” I kissed her cheek and she placed her hands over mine, leaning back into me. I moved my hands to her stomach and couldn’t help myself from smiling.

“Is it noticeable? Should I choose a more conservative dress?” her smile dropped and she started freaking out.

“What? No! You look perfect!”

“Oh, would you look at the beautiful couple.” My mom came into the room, holding Val. She flew in today to watch the kids. Bless her.

“Hi mom.” I laughed, unwrapping my arms from Rylan. I walked over, took Val from her arms and blew a raspberry on her cheek, making her laugh. My mom went over to help Rylan with her shoes. Rylan leaned on my mom’s shoulder while she put on her heels.

“Ry-Ry!” Val called out, reaching for my beautiful wife. Once she had her shoes on, Rylan walked over to us, taking Val from me and giving her a big hug.

“Hi pretty girl.” She smiled as Val threw her arms around her again.

“You pretty.” Val said and Rylan’s smile got bigger.

“Aww, thank you, Val.” She pulled out of the hug.

“Are you going to have fun with Evie, East and Grammy?” I asked Val.

“Uh-huh! We are going to play games and watch TV and eat candy!”

“Candy, huh? I don’t think so, little miss.”

“Oh, Grammy told me not to tell you that.” Val said sheepishly and hid her face in Rylan’s shoulder. I looked over at my mom and she gave me an innocent smile.

“I have no idea what she’s talking about.”

“Right.” I rolled my eyes and Rylan laughed.

There was a knock on the door and I went over to answer it. Marleigh stood there holding Easton, with Brad who was holding Evelyn.

“Hi mom!” Brad exclaimed, waving at my mom-his mother-in-law.

“Hello Bradley.” She laughed.

“Are you ready?” Brad asked me, putting Evie on the ground. She immediately ran over to my mom, giving her a hug. Easton followed his big sister and Rylan put Val down, too.

“Yeah.” I nodded and Rylan grabbed her clutch.

“Let’s go!” Brad smiled, grabbing Mar’s hand and I took Ry’s.

“Bye mom! Love you!” Mar yelled and my mom shouted back a goodbye to all of us before we shut the door.

“To the awards!” Brad smiled.

“I take it Marshy did some pre-gaming?” Rylan laughed, asking Mar.

“We may of had a couple of drinks.” She giggled, nodding.
__________________
“I’m nervous.” Rylan turned to me when we could start to see the lights from the red carpet.

“Don’t be. There is no need to be nervous.” I re-assured her, taking her face between my hands and kissing her forehead.

“Are you kidding? You’ve been with Brittany, and Ry’s your new girl. She has every right to be.” Mar chimed in and I saw Rylan panic.

“She’s right!” She exclaimed, throwing her hands up in the air and frowning.

“Rylan is not my new girl. She’s my wife and I love her and so there is no need to panic. I will protect her if things get crazy out there.” I said sternly, giving Mar a dirty look.

“They’re going to hate me.” Ry mumbled.

“Rylan, stop it. You’ve been in the spotlight more than Brittany. They know you and they love you.” Brad shook his head.

“He’s right. I wouldn’t have brought you here if I didn’t think you’d be safe. Plus, I really wanted my wife next to me.” I smiled and turned her head to face me and leaned in to kiss her softly.

“Alright, I’m good.” Rylan smiled as she pulled away.

“Good, because we’re here.” Mar smiled and the door opened. Brad stepped out first, quickly followed by Mar. He wrapped his arm around her waist, proudly showing her off and Mar loved the attention, posing in her sparkly dress.

I stepped out of the car and turned to help Rylan out, taking her hand and giving her a smile when the cameras started flashing at us. I wrapped an arm around her torso, resting my hand on her stomach. She looked at me, panicked and I moved my arm to rest around her waist.

“They’ll find out sooner or later.” I whispered in her ear.

“Not today.” She shook her head and we made our way down the red carpet.

“C’mere.” I pulled her to follow me as I walked over to a reporter who had been shouting at me.

“Hello Milan!” she smiled at me and I smiled back.

“Hello.”

“Hello again Rylan, good to have you back.” The reporter gave me a look and smiled at Rylan. I laughed and Rylan politely smiled at the reporter.

“Hello, uh thank you.” She laughed nervously and played with her necklace.

“You look beautiful, I love that dress on you. And those shoes! Gorgeous.” She reporter complimented and Rylan blushed.

“Thank you, you as well.”

“Thank you. So, Milan…”
__________________
“That wasn’t so bad.” I pulled Rylan into me and whispered in her ear as we got inside.

“Yeah, for you. I was so nervous I was going to trip.” Rylan took a deep breath.

“You were fine and I told you they’d love you.”

“Well, actually Brad said that. You said you love me.” Rylan smirked at me.

“And that I do.” I leaned down and kissed her.

“Alright, you two, let’s go.” Mar grabbed my hand and I grabbed Rylan’s, making sure I didn’t lose her.
Marliegh led us backstage to mingle, seeing as we had time to spare before we had to find our seats.

Rylan
I gripped onto Milan’s hand and looked around the crowded space. There were some familiar faces, but also some unfamiliar ones.

“Let’s go say hi.” Milan said and motioned over to some Bruins players. I nodded and followed him, never letting go of his hand.

“Looch!” they hollered as we came closer, “And hello Rylan. Lovely to see you.” They smiled and I gave a small wave.

“Hey.”

“Not gonna lie, Looch, I like Rylan a lot better.” Horton clapped him on the back.

“Yeah, me too.” Milan smiled at me. I gave him a slight smile back, but a sudden pang hit my heart and I couldn’t stop thinking about him and Brittany together. How many times had he brought her to go out with the guys?

“Y’alright?” Boychuk asked me when he noticed my slight change in demeanor. I looked up at him and gave him a fake smile.

“Yeah, just overwhelmed, I guess.” I shrugged and he nodded, but kept an eye on me. Milan looked over at me, but I didn’t dare look back.

“What made you suddenly decide to take Ry to this? You’ve been together for what, 7 years?” Rask asked.

“8.” Milan said and I shook my head to myself. The boys looked over and I blushed.

“Sorry.” I said.

“Why did you shake your head?” Milan asked.

“Because we haven’t been together for 8 years.” I said and everyone ‘oooh’d.

“What do you mean we haven’t?”

“We were together for 6 years and then we broke up. That’s not being together. Those are two different relationships.”

“I didn’t want to break up.” Milan stressed.

“Then you shouldn’t have cheated.” I snapped and then took a deep breath, the boys staying quiet, “I need some air.” I unlocked my hand from Milan’s and began walking away. I didn’t know where I was going, I was just walking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, I have been neglecting you guys a lot ): I'm so sorry!
College has been crazy and I have so many papers and tests
BUT, I'm back...for now. Hopefully, I can upload something relatively soon again.
I love you guys!

xx Nicole