Little Sister

10

Tyler and Jen sat on Tyler's couch, splitting a case of beer between them. Tyler had loaned a Bruins sweater and some basketball shorts to Jen so she didn't have to stay in her dress. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't extremely turned on by it. He was leaning back against the back of the L-shaped couch with his legs crossed, on top of the part that was vertical.

Jen was sat, Indian style, a little way away from him on the horizontal part. He stared at her as her eyes focused on the TV. She tied her hair into a bun on the top of her head and for some reason, it drove him crazy. Her eyes were big and brown, something he had always found boring, but on her, it was beautiful. He leaned forward, wrapping his arms around her waist, pulling her towards him. Jen laid back, resting her head against Tyler's chest while she stretched her legs out. "What's with the random affection?" She asked.

"Freddie could walk in any moment." Tyler explained.

Jen nodded, taking a sip of her beer. "How many texts do you wanna bet that Dougie's sent me?" She laughed.

Tyler smiled. "At least," He thought got a moment. "Twelve."

She laughed, sitting up to grab her clutch. Tyler's hand stayed on her stomach as she came back down. She pulled out her phone."I have nineteen messages from him."

Ty watched her read each one of them. They were all along the lines of: "Where are you?" "I don't like you and Tyler together." "Did you two leave together?" and a bunch with him using her full name.

"Wow, did you know I was twelve again Tyler?" She hissed, putting her phone in her clutch and throwing it.

"Hey," Tyler spoke, hugging Jen. "He's your older brother, he's allowed to be a protective. I'm the same way with my sisters. Don't let it get to you." He hushed her, kissing the top of her head.

"You're a really good friend Tyler." She admitted, looking up at him.

He smiled. "You're pretty good yourself." He agreed. "I mean hey, how many of my other friends let me kiss them." He smirked. Jen shook her head, turning to look at the TV.

The door swung open and Marshall came charging at the couch. He jumped up and slobbered all over Jen's face. She just laughed and pet him. "Marshall, get off my girl!" Tyler called, shoving him down. Marshall just jumped back up, onto him instead. "Where were you?" He asked Freddy, who walked in during Marshall's attack.

"I took him for a drive to calm him down." Freddy explained, tossing his keys on the island in the kitchen.

"Didn't work very well." Tyler said, shoving Marshall back down.

Jen sat up, petting Marshall. "He's the cutest dog I've ever seen." She cooed, receiving a lick from Marshall.

"He's cute but a pain." Tyler stated, shoving him.

Marshall came back and nipped at Ty's hand. "Like his owner, apparently." Jen smirked.

Freddy laughed, getting a glare from Tyler who was play fighting with Marshall now. "So you're Tyler's new flavour of the night?" He said, sitting at the opposite end of the couch.

Jen shrugged. "I guess so." She pouted at Tyler.

"Aw, such a shame. You're cute too." Freddy teased, grinning at Tyler.

Jen laughed. "Shut the fuck up Freddy." Tyler growled. "You know who she is."

"How couldn't I? She's like a famous designer slash model." Freddy continued.

"I'm not a model." Jen rolled her eyes.

"You should be with those legs." He stated.

Tyler pointed at Freddy. "Watch it." He warned, pulling Jen into him.

Freddy shook his head. "never thought I'd see the day Tyler found a girl." He laughed.

"Can you blame me for wanting to settle down with her?" Ty asked, kissing Jen's head.

Freddy shrugged. "Well I'm off to bed. Behave kids." He pointed his finger before walking upstairs.

Jen sat back up. "I'm tired." She whined, pouting at Tyler before she fell over into his lap.

He stroked her hair. "Want me to call you a cab? I can't drive since I've been drinking." He thought. "Or you could just stay the night?"
She nodded. "That way I don't have to move." She sighed, sprawling out.

Tyler laughed. "We have to go up to my room. Freddy will shit if we're on the couch in the morning." He explained, sitting up. "He's like a little kid, he needs to watch cartoons every morning." He pulled Jen up, her body staying limp.

"So lazy." She complained, dragging herself towards the stairs. "Where am I going?" She called. Tyler followed her and directed her to his room. She walked in and dropped on his bed. Tyler laid down beside her, yanking the comforter out from under her.

She wrapped her arms around Tyler, it was a force of habit she had gotten since she always cuddled her blankets. His arm made it's way around her. "Can I be honest with you?" Ty nodded. "When you told me that I only got into Boston U because of my dad, that really upset me." She gulped. "I mean, I just put on my bitch act but it's not true at all."

"I'm sorry. I crossed a line." Tyler admitted.

Jen shrugged. "What I said wasn't any better, the whole 'if the shoe fits' thing." She spoke. "I'm sorry for treating you like shit at first Ty, you're not as bad as I thought."

"Let's just agree to forget about it because I'm bad at apologies and I wasn't much better." He confessed.

She laughed. "Okay, good night Ty."

"Good night Jennie."