Little Sister

18

"You're moving where?" Dougie asked as Jen sat in his living room.

"Dallas, with Tyler." Jen said, biting her bottom lip.

"Over my dead body." Dougie laughed.

"Doug, stop. It's my decision." Jen growled, standing up.

"Jen, it's a stupid decision. You've been together for a couple months, you can't just up and move away with him." He started his rant. "I know Ty cares about you and I wish him all the best but I can't let you move there with him. You two get in a fight, where do you go? I'll pay for you to fly out to him every week if I have to but I can't let you move."

"Dougie, I know we'll be fine." She walked over to him. "Give me the chance."

"How would you feel if I wanted to move off with some girl I'd been with for a couple months?" He asked.

Jen paused, taking back by his question. "I'd probably argue that it wasn't a good idea, but it's diff,"

"No, it's not." He sighed. He wrapped an arm around his sister, pulling her into him. "I know you're young and in love and that sappy shit, but I don't think you moving away with him is a good idea. Just give it a bit, and if you guys make it work, then go."

She pulled away, nodding. "You're right." She sighed. "I don't know how to tell Tyler."

"Just tell him what I said. He'll understand." Dougie smiled.

"Yeah." She nodded. "Wait, what about you and Candace? If Ty's moving, what's happening there?"

"We're working it out, don't worry, sis." He grinned, kissing the top of Jen's head. "Go talk to Tyler."

Jen took off for Tyler's. When she got there, he was packing everything up. Marshall came galloping over. Tyler looked over from the box he was taping and grinned. He stood up and made his way over, kissing Jen.

"Can you imagine coming home to this everyday?" He asked, wrapping his arms around her and kissing the side of her head.

She wrapped her arms around him, taking a deep breath. "I can't move with you, Ty." She choked out.

He pulled away, frowning at her. "I understand, but why?"

"We've only been together for a couple months, and I'm not belittling them, but I think we should try for a couple more before that transition, y'know?" She swallowed hard.

"Oh my god, I was thinking the same thing." Tyler laughed. "I just don't know where I'd go if we ever fought or something."

"That was my concern!"

"I wouldn't make you leave, babe. If we ever fought and I knew neither of us had somewhere to go, I'd leave." He explained.

"Ty, I love you so much." Jen chuckled.

"Jen, I love you so much more." Tyler smiled.

"You're so lame."

"I'm gonna fly you out all the time, babe." He stated, guiding Jen into the living room. She sat on the couch while he moved some boxes. "And I'll fly to you when I can."

"I can fly myself out, Ty." She laughed.

"Did I ask?" He cocked a brow.

"Woah, listen." She put her hands up in defense.

He smirked. "We'll make it work, Jen. I promise you."

"And I promise you that I won't let any Boston boys steal my heart, as long as you stay away from the country girls." Jen teased.

Tyler stood up, leaning over her. "I don't need any other girl, I have you." He stated, completely serious.

Jen smiled up at him before he lowered his lips to hers. Freddy walked down the stairs, groaning loudly. Jen and Tyler broke apart and looked at him. He pretend to gag at the two.

"Morning, Fred." Jen rolled her eyes.

"Morning, Lips, Tongue." Freddy nodded, walking over to the coffee machine to pour himself a cup.

"What?" Tyler asked, standing up.

"That's all I ever see from you two." Freddy explained.

Tyler turned to face him to argue. Jen looked at his ass before she grabbed it. Tyler's hands grabbed onto her's while he continued to argue and she continued to grab. She squeezed harder which caused him to spin around.

"Easy." He said through gritted teeth.

Jen laughed, standing up. She wrapped her arms around his waist and put her chin on his shoulder. "Am I turning you on?" She whispered.

"Jennifer, stop it." He warned.

She laughed again, letting go of him. She dropped back on the couch, sprawling out. Tyler and Freddy finished their argument and Tyler turned back to her. He shook his head.

"Uh, you have to help me pack." He stated.

"But I don't want you to leave." Jen frowned.

"Before I go to Dallas, we're gonna spend the rest of the summer back at my house in Toronto, okay?" He said, sitting down beside her.

She nodded, resting her head in his lap. "This sucks." She whined while Tyler stroked her hair.

"We're making it work, Jen. Remember that."

"I know, babe." She smiled up at him.