Little Sister

20

"You're already flying out to see him?" Dougie scoffed. Jen rolled her eyes as she packed. "Hasn't it been like a month since you've talked?"

"It was two weeks, Doug, and I talked to him last night. He explained why." She defended while folding a shirt.

"So you're going to break up with him, right?" He cocked a brow.

"There's a possibility." Jen shrugged. "I want to talk to him first."

"That's so damn stupid, Jen." Dougie growled. "He doesn't talk to you for how long, and then he gives you some sob story so now you're gonna crawl back to him."

She laughed. "Go home." She brushed past him, going to grab more clothes. "I don't need a lecture. I know what I need to do. I have to let him talk to me. It wouldn't be fair to break up with him when he needs someone."

He shook his head, standing up. "No, Jen! It wouldn't be fair, to you, if you didn't do what was right. If you broke up with him, it'd be his fault. He built the bridge."

"Shut up." She sighed.

Candace walked into the room, watching the argument happen. She looked to Jen who just shook her head. Candace looked up at Dougie, whom looked like he was about to explode.

"Jen, you need to make a decision!" He yelled. "Just, for once, decide something!"

"Enough, Dougie!"

"You need to tell him how it's gonna be." Dougie continued. "Because if he breaks your heart, I'm gonna swing at him and then I'm probably gonna let him beat me up!"

Candace wrapped an arm around his waist and covered him mouth with her other hand. "You're bigger than him." She giggled.

"His arms are wider than me." Dougie frowned. Candace rolled her eyes, wrapping her other arm around him. He looked at his sister. "Do what's right for you, Jennie."

She nodded. "I will." A smile crept out.

-x-x-x-

The next day, Jen was off to Dallas. Dougie and Candace stayed over at her apartment the night before so they could take her to the airport. She was nervous. She didn't know if Ty was telling the truth or not when they talked, and she was having her doubts. She knew she loved him, even in their few months of being together, but she didn't know how he felt. He could easily be telling her what she wanted to hear. Jen sighed, sinking into her seat. She was waiting for the plane to take off, and doubting if she wanted to be on it anymore.

Tyler was losing it. He hadn't seen his girlfriend in two weeks and was nervous about it. He actually woke up early, just to clean his apartment. It was pretty empty, considering he just moved. Freddy and Marshall were supposed to come within the next month, along with the rest of Tyler's furniture. Right now, he had his bed and his bedroom accessories in his room, his couch and TV in his living room, and all the kitchen accessories, which came with this apartment. He looked at the clock on his microwave. It was nearing 9:30, which meant Jen would be landing in just over a half hour. Tyler decided to leave for the airport now.

He went upstairs to change, and change again, and again. He couldn't deny he was paranoid. He knew this visit could be the last from Jen. He knew that Dougie would find out about Tyler's lack of contact and do everything in his power to get Jen to leave him. He'd do the same if Jen were Candace and he were Dougie. At the same time, he knew Jen and his relationship was real. He loved her, and hearing that she felt the same was all he needed.

Once Tyler settled on his clothing, a black t-shirt with jeans, he took off for the airport. It was closer to 10 when he got there. He decided on buying a bouquet for Jen. She was never one for flowers and all that, but he knew it's get a laugh out of her, and he loved her laugh. Tyler smiled to himself, thinking about her smiling at him. He found a seat near the luggage claim where her things would be.

Jen gripped onto the arm rests with all her strength as the plane landed. It was her least favourite part. She took a deep breath as it hit the ground, then let it out. The little girl beside her let out a groan. She turned to her and smiled. They had become friends during the flight. Jen told her she was flying over to see her boyfriend, and the little girl wanted to know anything and everything about Tyler. Talking about him made Jen realize that she needed to hear him out before ending it. He'd never done something like this before, so she knew he must have been stressed.

"You okay?" The little girl, whose name was Ally, asked.

Jen smiled, nodding her head. "Just a little nervous."

"About Tyler?" Ally asked. Jen nodded, again. "Don't worry, he's gonna see you and kiss you and remember how much he loves you and everything will be okay." She smiled.

Jen found her adorable. This little girl only knew that Tyler was a hockey player and that Jen loved him, and she had so much hope for the two of them.

Everyone began filing off the plane. Jen's little friend stayed close to her. Ally continued to chat Jen's ear off as they made it off the plane. They walked into the airport and followed the Ally's parents to the luggage claim. Jen stood to the side with the her.

"What does your suitcase look like? Mine is Monster High!" She told Jen.

She laughed. "Mine's just boring and black."

"Oh." Ally frowned.

"I guess I should get a giant Dallas emblem to put on it so we can tell it apart." A voice boomed.Jen spun around to see a grinning Tyler. She smiled at him. He stood with his hands behind his back. "I got you something." He said as he held the flowers in front of him.

Jen laughed while walking towards him. He copied her motion, meeting her halfway. He handed her the bouquet before holding onto her waist. Jen took a deep breath, smelling the flowers. She looked up at Tyler, his gaze already on her.

"Are you gonna kiss?" Ally called.

Jen laughed before draping her hands around his neck, the flowers still in her hand. Tyler smiled as her face moved towards his. Their lips touched and Jen could hear fireworks. This was something she was longing for, and it felt so right

In that moment, Tyler couldn't think of anything that would have made him happier. He missed Jen being in his arms. He missed her lips. He missed her. When they pulled apart, it seemed too soon.

"God, I missed that." He sighed.

"I bet you missed a lot more too." Jen whispered.

Tyler's eyebrows rose and Jen bit her lip. "Guess we should hurry home then." He smirked before pecking her lips.

Jen giggled, dropping her arms from around Tyler's neck. He grabbed her hand as they walked back to the machine the luggage was spinning on. Ally beamed up at them. She nudged Jen, gaining her attention. Jen bent down to Ally's level.

"He's cute." Ally whispered, looking up at Tyler.

"You think he's cute?" Jen said, standing up. She shrugged. "I mean, he's alright."

She looked back at Tyler to see him chuckling. He put an arm around her shoulders, pulling her into him.

"I'll remember that." Tyler threatened.

Jen smirked before pressing her lips to his.