Little Sister

21

Jen laid in Tyler's arms while he slept. She smiled up at him while snuggling into his chest. He shuffled, tightening his grip around her. Jen had been there for a week and it was the happiest Tyler had been since he moved. He kissed the top of her head before letting go. Jen watched as he stood up and stretched.
"Where are you going?" Jen asked, sprawling out in Tyler's bed.
"To make you breakfast." He grinned, leaning down to kiss her.
Tyler went downstairs to start cooking for Jen. She made him go grocery shopping so he could cook for her. Jen sank into his bed while she listened to him banging around downstairs. His phone went off on the bedside table beside Jen. She opened her eyes, rolling into her stomach and grabbing it. She slid the lock, seeing a text. She opened his messages. The name Ashely had the little blue dot next to it. Jen clicked it to see there was a picture of a brunette kissing Tyler's cheek at a bar. It included a message, asking it they could meet up again. Jen took a deep breath, trying not to think the worst. She shot up, taking the phone downstairs with her. Tyler smiled when she walked into the kitchen. He flipped the bacon he was making as Jen sat down at the island.
"You got a text so I checked it." She said, setting his phone down.
"Who was it from?" He asked.
"Ashley." Jen looked at him to see a reaction.
Tyler didn't budge, but he could tell what Jen was already thinking. "Oh, what'd she say?"
"She sent this picture." Jen opened it. He turned to the island and looked at the photo. He nodded, turning back to the food. "She wants to know when you two can meet up again."
"I'll text her later." Tyler spoke.
"Who is she, Ty?" Jen sighed. "What'd you two do?"
He chuckled. "I knew that's what you were thinking." He shook his head. "God forbid, you trust me."
She rolled her eyes. "You're in a different state for two weeks without so much as contacting me and you expect me to not think that you're fooling around on me with the busty brunette who texted you?" She stared at the back of his head. "Why'd you even want me to come out if you're sleeping with someone else, Tyler?"
"I'm not, Jen!" He spun around. "She's an old friend who's working out here. We met up because I had no one else to talk to."
"Bullshit."
"You can't even put this all on me! You didn't exactly try to talk to me either!" He yelled. Jen glared at him before she saw his eyes watering. Her expression softened before she got up, walking over to Tyler. He looked away. "I just needed a friend. Nothing happened."
She nodded, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'm sorry. I'm just so worried about you. I hate being so far from you."
Tyler held onto Jen's waist as he held back the tears. "I need to lay down." He announced, pulling apart from her.
"Okay. I'll clean this up and then come upstairs." She told him, grabbing his face. "I love you."
He smiled, his eyes still sad. "I love you." He pressed his lips to hers before making his way to his room.
Jen watched him climb the stairs. She turned to the cooked food that wasn't going to be eaten anymore. She brushed her fingers through her hair before tossing it up. She wrapped everything up.
Tyler let the tears out. He had plenty to spare, still heartbroken about the trade. About being away from Jen. About everything. He heard the door creek before the bed sank. Jen sat beside him, not wanting to bother him. Ty rolled over, resting his head on her stomach while he draped an arm over her thighs. Jen laced her fingers with his and played with his hair with her free hand. She looked down at his face. His bottom lashes were clumped together, almost like he was crying. Her thumb wiped his eye. He looked up at her.
"Were you crying?" Jen frowned.
Tyler took a deep breath, about to deny it when they started again. "I'm so hurt, Jennie." He sobbed, burying his face.
"Why, Ty?" She felt her heart break.
"Boston was my home. The team was my family and now it's all gone because of a few bad games. It's not fair." He explained.
"Babe, I know it's shitty, but that's how this league works." She wrapped her arms around his head, kissing the top of it.
He shot up. "I miss them, J. I miss the fans, I miss always being with you, I miss Boston." He wiped his face. "I feel like I have no purpose here."
"Tyler, you obviously have a purpose or they wouldn't have taken you." Jen began. She swung her leg so she was sat on Tyler's lap. Her hands rested on his neck. "You are one of the best players I know and Boston is going to miss you because Dallas is going all the way this year, thanks to their brand new star center." She pressed her forehead to his. "You're a Dallas Star for a reason, baby."
Tyler kissed Jen, pulling away slowly. "I don't know what I'd do without you." He whispered, keeping his forehead to hers. "I need you to stay with me, Jen."
"Dougie will lose it, Ty." Jen sighed, dropping off his lap.
"He calls the shots in your life, huh?" Tyler asked.
She rolled her eyes. "He and I already discussed this. I would lose it if he did it, I can't do the same to him."
"You honestly think he wouldn't? He didn't tell you about Annabelle."
"He didn't move away though." Jen defended.
Tyler shrugged. "Still dated your friend behind your back."
She let out a laugh, climbing off the bed and standing up. "I can't believe you right now, Tyler."
"What?"
"You're literally sitting here, trying to turn me against Dougie!" She cried.
"I am not!" He defended.
"I get that you're hurt and the distance is shitty, Ty, but you're trying to get me to take out your anger towards Boston on my brother." Jen shook her head.
Tyler stood up, walking over to Jen. He grabbed her hand but she pulled it away from him. Her arms crossed and she looked off to the distance.
"Jen, I'm sorry."
"I think it's time I head back to Boston." She said, swallowing hard.
"What?! Why?" He asked, stepping in front of her. His hands held on to her shoulders as she avoided eye contact. "Please don't leave me, Jennie, not yet, at least." He begged.
Jen took a deep breath. "I think I need to leave you all together." She mumbled.
Tyler felt his heart stop. "No." He managed to mutter out. "You can't, Jen. I need you."
She finally looked up at him. His eyes were glossed over. She could see the yearning within him. She frowned as his hands raised to her face. Her hands went on top of his.
"Tyler, you're here and I'm there. I don't think I can handle this." She sighed. "I can't watch you have a bad game and then sit at home and know I can't comfort you."
"So move here. Move in with me."
"I have to be there for Dougie. I can't just leave him."
Tyler's hands dropped. "Dougie has your entire family, I have no one."
"Dougie's my brother. He comes first." Jen explained.
Tyler stepped back. He was hurt over so many things, but Jen was now one of them. He felt his blood boil as he clenched his fists.
"I want you gone." He hissed.
Jen watched as Tyler changed from the vulnerable state he was in, to whatever state he was in now. She'd never seen him so angry. She nodded at his request, walking over to the dresser that her clothes were in.
Tyler watched her as she packed her suitcase. "I can't believe I thought you loved me." He chuckled.
Jen rolled her eyes, becoming angry at how childish he was being. "Me neither." She shrugged.
Tyler went to retaliate but nothing came out. He just shook his head before walking into his bathroom. He slammed the door, following it with a punch.
Jen jumped at the punch but continued to pack her suitcase. Tears started to build so she just began jamming things in. She didn't care if they were folded or not. Once the drawers were empty, she sat on her suitcase to zip it up. She went to knock in the washroom door, to tell Tyler she was leave, but instead she just left.
Tyler heard the bedroom door shut. He realized what was happening and gathered himself to run outside. Jen was sitting on his front steps. He swung the door open. She turned over his shoulder. They were both crying.
"You're not leaving." Tyler sighed, sitting beside her.
"I have to." She sobbed. "We aren't working."
He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into him. Her head rested on his chest while he rubbed her arm.
"I know, but I can't watch you leave me." He admitted, kissing the top of her head.
Jen sat up, grabbing his face. "I'm not leaving you. I just can't be with you, Tyler. I'm always here if you need me." She pressed her forehead to his.
"What if I need to kiss you?" He whispered.
"You can't. So you better make this last one count, Ty." She smirked before his lips attached to hers.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry for the shitty ending, but I've lost all motivation for this story and I can't think of anymore ideas for it.