Little Sister

05

Jen texted Annabelle, for the third time, cursing her for not being at this event with her. She sighed, placing her phone into her clutch. The bartender placed a drink in front of her. She looked at the drink before she gave the bartender a strange look. "From the man down there." He pointed to the end of the bar.
She looked and saw Milan sitting. She smiled, getting up and walking over to him. "Thank you." She spoke, taking a sip of the vodka water.

"Why are you all alone?" He asked.

Jen rolled her eyes. "Anna ditched me and what other friends do I have?" She laughed, getting a chuckle out of Milan. A scream echoed through the venue. The pair of them looked at the commotion and saw a mob of girls crowding people.

Milan sighed, taking a sip of his drink. "My clan's here." He stated, standing up. Jen followed him as he walked towards the mob.

"How'd you get in without this happening?" She questioned.

"I came early as hell." He explained. Tyler, Brad, and Dougie broke through the crowd. "And I'm not the face of the franchise like Segs and Rook over here."

Tyler smirked at Jen, walking towards her with open arms. "I missed you." He claimed while he hugged her.

Her arms wrapped around his waist. "Aw, was I all you could think of during your last five hook ups?" She teased. She pulled away and saw Dougie talking to a girl. "Annabelle! You told me you were too busy to be my date!"

"Yeah, too busy being Dougie's date." Anna smirked.

"I'm not the face of the franchise?" Brad asked Milan.

"No, you're the face of ridicule." Jen stated.

Everyone laughed before they made their way back to the bar. Milan and Brad argued while Dougie and Annabelle sat off in their own little world. Tyler glanced at Jen, sitting by herself at the bar, stirring her drink with a straw. He approached her and sat down in the stool beside her. She looked at him before looking back to her drinking, continuing to stir it. "Shouldn't you be out socializing?" He smirked.

Jen shrugged. "Not feeling it." She mumbled.

The two sat in silence. Tyler stared, causing Jen to sigh, uncomfortably, and shift. "Is there any reason you hate me?" He interrogated.

Jen cocked a brow. "When was a hatred towards you even implied?"

"Just the way you act around me," He hissed. "It's like I'm scum to you."

Jen was offended by his assumption. She hadn't treated Tyler any different from anyone else. She'd been nothing but nice to him.
"If the shoe fits." Jen spat, her hair falling behind her shoulder as she started Tyler in the eyes.

He laughed. "That's so rich. You think because your daddy got you into Boston U and bought you this lifestyle, you're better than me? I'm the same as both of your brothers, remember that." He took a sip of his drink.

Jen felt herself shaking. "Listen to me you egotistic, son of a bitch. My father has done many things for me but he is not the reason I'm at Boston U or the reason I'm a part of this lifestyles. I earned all of this on my own," She growled, jabbing a finger into his chest. "And don't you dare compare yourself to my brothers. I don't see either of them with a different girl every night." She took a deep breath, sitting back in her seat. "I don't think I'm better than you, but I do not have any respect for you."

Jen finished and stormed out of the venue. She needed a drink and she need one from a place that Tyler Seguin was not in.

"What the fuck did you do?" Brad exclaimed, shoving Tyler's shoulder from behind.

Tyler turned, a blank expression. "I don't know." He admitted.

Brad rolled his eyes. "Let's get you laid." He sighed, grabbing his friend by the shoulder.

"No." Ty spoke, pushing Brad's hand away. He stood up, marching out of the venue. He didn't know what he did to have Jen so against him but he didn't like it. And he didn't know why he didn't like it. Tyler needed to get drunk. He called for a taxi and made his way to a bar near his home. He ordered a beer before taking it to a booth.

"Alright hun, you've been here for twenty minutes and this is your sixth shot. No more after this." The fat, balding bartender said.

Jen rolled her eyes. She took back the tequila shot and fell off her stool, hitting her head off a booth. Someone helped her up and she came eye to eye with the one person she did not want to see. "You're fucking kidding." She breathed out.

Tyler sighed, holding onto her arms. "Sit down." He demanded, helping her sit in his booth. The bartender offered to get him some water and he thanked him.

Jen sat, glaring at him. "I came here to get away from you, from you and from all the people at that stupid fucking event!" She slurred as he slid her the glass of water the bartender dropped off. She drank it. "I don't hate you, I just, know you, and I know how you are. And what kind of person you are." She chugged some water. "And how you treat girls!"

Tyler was getting annoyed. "You know nothing about me Jennie." He said, just loud enough for her to hear. "You only know what you've been told by everyone but me."

"Then tell me." She slid closer to him. "Who is, number nineteen of the Boston Bruins," She mocked the announcer. "Tyler Seguin!"

"I'm not really a dick." He started. Jen scoffed, drinking her water. "I'm honestly not Jennie. I'm a humble little Canadian boy."

She started shaking her head. "No. You may have been but you aren't anymore. Admit it Ty." She argued.

Tyler sighed. "You're right. I've turned into the biggest asshole imaginable." He paused. "But it's not how I want to be. Look, imagine moving from home when you're nineteen to play hockey with a bunch of twenty-something year olds who party every night." Jen went to make a comment about Dougie. "With no one besides your best friend, who's just as impressionable as you. I'm obviously not an ugly guy, or a dumb one, so when girls come up to me, practically begging for me to sleep with them, well," He shrugged. "But I don't know where the whole dick personality came from. I guess the press just threw it in there since I had constant hook ups. I was hurt by it, yeah, but then I guess it just got the best of me." He finished, his lips meeting his beer bottle.

"I'm sorry." Jen muttered. "I shouldn't have assu,"

He cut her off. "No, you were right to."

"Wait, why are you telling me this?" She asked.

Tyler shook his head, shrugging. "I trust you, I guess."

Jen smiled, just staring at Tyler. The alcohol took over as she placed her hand on top of Tyler's and pressed her lips to his cheek. "That's really sweet." She sat back properly.

Tyler took a deep breath, smiling Jen's scent combined with the alcohol she had consumed."Your breath reeks." He laughed.

She covered her mouth. "Embarrassing." She mumbled.

"Want me to take you home? You're the drunk one this time." He mocked.

She nodded. He helped her up before escorting her out of the club. He called for a cab, going to Jen's house and helping her get inside her apartment. "Thank you Ty!" She breathed.

"Just returning the favor." He waved as she closed the door. He came back, climbing in the cab to make his way back home. Tyler got into his room, peeling his clothes off. He dropped onto his bed, letting out a long sigh that had been held in for far too long. Why did he tell Jen everything? Why did he feel she needed to know?
♠ ♠ ♠
Jen's outfit - http://www.polyvore.com/want_crazy/set?id=86584950