Little Sister

07

"Where the hell were you?" Annabelle cried as Jen walked in ten minutes late.

"Just the usual." Jen said to the receptionist. She handed her friend her drink before sitting down. "I went to get us these and I walk into someone, right? I look up and fucking Tyler is right there! He had the nerve to call me babe so I had to set him straight." She explained, closing her eyes as the pedicurist began on her feet.

Annabelle cocked a brow. "And how did you do that?"

Jen's eyes shot open. "Well I told him to stop calling me that and I told him we weren't even friends," She took a deep breath. "And then the pig whispers in my ear that if I didn't like being called babe, I wouldn't have agreed to going on a date with him,"

"You're going on a date with him?" Anna gawked.

"Only because he has dirty on me." Jen clarified. "Anyway, he then proceeds to call me babe and kisses behind my ear. I was livid."

Annabelle burst into laughter. "Oh my god, you two are so going to get together!" She exclaimed.

"Annabelle, have you lost it?" Jen yelled. "I would never do anything with that pig, he's lucky he's getting a date with me." Almost like he knew, Jen's phone lit up with Tyler's name. She let out a groan as she answered it. "What do you want now?"

"Change of plans babe." He stated. Jen let out a silent growl. "There's a B's event tomorrow, that's where I'll be taking you for the second portion of our date."

Jen burst into laughter. "Are you insane? I'm not going to a public event with media coverage as your date."

"Then I guess we'll have to have a second date." Tyler smirked, knowing this would pull her in.

Jen rolled her eyes, taking a deep breath. "So what, lunch, then we do whatever the hell you have planned, then we go to the event?"

His smile grew, knowing she had caved in. "Sounds perfect babe. See you tomorrow, eleven sharp." He hung up, proud of his persuasive ways.

"I fucking hate him." Jen spat, throwing her phone into her bag. "He calls me and bribes me into going to a team event or going on a second date."

"You don't want to go to the event?" Anna asked.

"Not with him." Jen spoke, relaxing. "But it's better than having to go on two dates with him." Anna nodded, relaxing as well. "Speaking of the team, what happened with Dougie?"

Annabelle's eyes shot open, a lump forming in her throat. "Promise you won't lose it?" She begged.

"Anna, I probably don't give a sh,"

"We had sex J." She spat out.

"WHAT?!" Jen screamed, her foot launching into the chest of the lady working on her feet. She gasped. "I am so sorry." The pedicurist shook her off. Jen's head shot towards Anna. "YOU SLEPT WITH MY BROTHER?!"

"Relax Jennie!" Annabelle pleaded. "It's not like it randomly happened, we planned it out."

"You've been seeing each other for like a week, how did you plan it out?" Jen questioned.

"A little longer than that." Anna mumbled.

Jen's eyes nearly bulged out of her head. "Excuse me?"

Annabelle sighed. "We've been seeing each other since the summer Jen. I just knew how you felt about it so I d,"

"What am I more upset about? The fact that you're dating my brother or that you hid it from me?" She spat, glaring at Anna.

"We aren't dating." Anna tried to argue.

"Does it really matter what your title is? The fact that you hid it from me is just," Jen cut herself off.

"I'm sorry Jen." Annabelle whined. "I honestly wanted to tell you but Dougie didn't know how you'd re,"

"That little prick!" Jen screeched. "He told me Tyler was off bounds but he goes for you? That's such a double standard. My fucking god."

"J, please calm down." Anna pleaded. "Hear me out," Jen looked at her. "I'm happy and Dougie's happy, can't you let us be?"

"I never said I wouldn't. I'm glad you're both happy but it would've been nice to know." Jen stated before pulling out her phone and placing her headphones in her ears. Mumford & Sons were all she could hear. After creating an angry tweet, Jen's phone notified her of a text message. She sighed, reading the name before she decided to view it.

Tyler: u ok? i saw ur tweet

Jen: You follow me? And no, not really. I'm pretty pissed.

Tyler: wanna talk?

Jen: I guess. I don't know who else I could complain to since I'm mad at both of the people I usually go to aha.

Tyler: so doug & anna

Tyler: cuz the event?

Jen: It's a long story and I really can't type it right now, mani time.

Tyler: when'll u be done?

Jen: 20 minutes, why?

Tyler: meet me at starbucks & we can talk

Jen: Sounds good.


Jen made her way to the manicure station. Ed Sheeran's voice serenaded her as her hands were picked and plucked at. "Give a little time to me or burn this out. We'll play hide and seek to turn this around. All I want is the taste that your lips allow. My, my, my, my, oh give me love."

"Miss Jen?" The manicurist interrupted. Jen took her head phones out. "Your nails are done. Cash or credit?"

Jen smiled. "Credit, of course."

After she had paid, she sent a text Tyler telling him she was on her way. He told her he was already at Starbucks so she climbed into her car and made her way there. She parked in front, putting more change than last time into the meter. Tyler was sat at a secluded table in the right corner of the shop. Jen made her way over and sat down. He smiled, wrapping an arm around her for a hug. "So, what's up?"

"I need a drink before I start." She stated. She stood but a barista came to the pair's table with drinks.

"I asked her what you ordered earlier and got you one, as well as myself." Tyler smiled, innocently.

Jen smiled at him as the barista put the drinks down. "Thank you Ty." She hummed, taking a long sip through the straw of her Passion Iced Tea.

"You don't drink fraps or any of that?" He asked.

Jen shook her head. "I can't stand the taste. I stick to my fruity little teas." She explained. Tyler nodded, laughing. "Are you ready for me to unleash?"

He took a deep breath. "I think I'm ready." He nodded. "But go easy on me, it's my first time."

She laughed. "I'll go slow at first." She took another sip before starting. "Dougie had always shown an interest in Anna, I guess. I mean, we're old family friends. Her parents work for mine so she's always been my sidekick. She moved out here a year before I did because she's a year older and started at Boston U before me. When I moved out here, we just became inseparable and we told each other everything, right?" Tyler nodded, assuming it was the right response. "So she calls me and says she's stressed because of Doug, so at first I found it funny and I asked what he did. Like I knew they had been hanging out or whatever so I assumed he fucked her over or something. She says she doesn't want to talk about it and tells me she booked us an appointment for mani-pedis in an hour and half." Jen shook her head.

"Wow, what a bad friend!" Tyler mocked.

Jen glared. "I'm not finished." She stated earning a toothy grin from Tyler. "So I get ready, I come here, I run into you, and I end up late for our appointment. I get there, she's losing it on me and I just explain to her how it was your fault." She shot Tyler daggers. "Then she tells me she slept with Dougie!"

Tyler's mouth opened a bit in shock. "Dougie got laid? Atta boy!"

"Tyler! This is my brother and best friend we're talking about!" Jen cried.

"Sorry, continue." He went back to listening.

"Anyway, she tells me they planned it and I ask how they planned it when they've had a thing for a week. Turns out, they've been seeing each other since the summer. I don't even care that they're seeing each other but that they hid it from me. The nerve!" She took a breath. "And Dougie tried to tell me I couldn't go for you when he was going for my friend, ha!"

Tyler nodded before he laughed. "That's kinda funny." He admitted. Jen shot him a dirty look. "Obviously not that they hid it from you but that Doug didn't want you to go for me after he went for your friend." He shook his head. "I'm gonna fuck with him so badly at the gala tomorrow."

Jen smiled, looking down at the table. "Oh my god Tyler, that's it!"

"What?" He asked in confusion.

"You and I are gonna fuck with Dougie." Jen said, smiling. "And then he'll tell Anna and she'll lose her shit. It's perfect! You're a genius!" She wrapped her arms around Tyler's neck.

His arms wrapped around her, still confused. "What's going on?"

She sat back down. "You and I, my friend, are going to pretend to date." She explained, smirking.

"Oh, so now we're friends?" He teased.

Jen rolled her eyes. "Tomorrow, at the gala, we'll just be really touchy and cute. Anna'll get suspicious and pull me away and Dougie may or may not kill you. It'll be worth it though."

Tyler narrowed his eyes at her. She smiled innocently. He examined her face. She had chocolate brown eyes that were complimented by her fair skin. She had soft, pink lips and dimples in multiple places. His eyes made note of the craters in each of her cheeks. "You've got a deal Hamilton."

Jen held her hand out to shake his. "Pleasure working with you Seguin." Tyler shook her hand, returning the smile.