A Reign of Gods

Prologue Reign's Beginnings

A streak of white, a blaze of blue. Colors and shapes fill the air and ground as heroes and antiheroes collide into each others bodies. The earth trembles beneath each mighty blow, every stream of heat, and rumble of sonic booms that roar across the open fields. This night is a fight among men and women who have evolved to something greater than mere mortals. The night is a twilight of gods.

To watch them fight is the most captivating and dangerous event that has yet to be seen by human eyes. Energy bolts streak across the sky in a myriad of colors that strike unseen bystanders and disintegrate them where they stand. Leaving nothing but a pile of ash similar to the ones shown during Saturday morning cartoons. Speedsters race through the streets, their speed leaving a trail of fire from the intense friction of them making contact with the ground. Titans with great strength smash and pummel each other with blows that make mountains shake.

Despite this impressively destructive cacophony that rages it is the middle of the battlefield the most impressive of all of the heroes that fly and fight. The two leaders of each side stand face to face while launching blows at each other that made the walls of reality shudder from the shear amounts of force. Miraculum, the leader of the Heroes of Freedom, launches an uppercut with the force that could shatter the Pentagon in half into the jaw of the Iron Caesar, the leader of the Aristocracy of Heroes.

The Iron Caesar reels back from the blow with a small grunt. Sweat falls down his face and into his tender eyes that forces them shut for a moment. A moment is all Miraculum needs to gain the upper hand in this fight. Gritting his teeth together he launches a barrage of punches into the nearly indestructible metal toga that makes up the Iron Caesar’s armor. The Iron Caeser groans as the powerful blows dent and crush his armor. A fist cracks into his mouth and dislodges a few teeth that come out of his mouth in a mixture of spit and blood. Iron Caesar manages to grab Miraculum’s fist and punch him in the stomach. Throwing his enemy back far enough to give him a moment to breath.

Even though the assault on him would have killed a normal man the Iron Caesar is no normal man. He is a god among men, and he will show that when Miraculum is impaled on his spatha and left bleeding in the hot sun as his reign is cemented into the sands of time.

The Iron Caesar stood up and spit a wad of mucus and blood into the dirt of the battlefield. He assumed the stance of the Roman warriors of old as he pointed his spatha at Miraculum who floated in midair in all of his false glory. The Iron Caesar had grown to hate everything about the hero in front of him. From his costume of pure white with red accents and boots, to his beach boy blonde hair and green eyes. How he can be the most beloved person in the world, getting credit for things other heroes had done. The thoughts made him want to tear Miraculum in half.

“The fight is over Caesar. Surrender.” Miraculum bellows.

“It will never be over, not as long as you live.”Iron Caesar roars before charging forwards, spatha raised and swinging.

Iron Caesar jumps, closing the distance. He brings his weapon up over his head to split Miraculum’s skull in two. Miraculum’s hands shoot up and grab Caesar’s wrists, preventing him from bringing the sword down on him. He stares the former hero in the eyes, his eyes beginning to glow red.

“Surrender.” Miraculum repeats as he manages to keep Iron Caesar’s wrists pinned.

“Never.” Iron Caesar growls, he spits his bloodied saliva in Miraculum’s face.

“As you wish.” Miraculum whispers as two beams of blazing heat erupt from his retinas and shoot into Iron Caesar’s eyes.

“No!” Iron Caesar howls in pain as he tries to wriggle free of Miraculum’s vice grip.

“You were always the best of us. Yet here you are, destroying everything you ever built. You always had a weak vision, I guess that was metaphorical as well.”

The two beams of heat emitting from Miraculum’s heat vision bore into Iron Caesar’s eyes for a minute more before Miraculum drops him into the dirt. Armor hits another piece of metal that results in a loud clang that ripples and echoes throughout the battlefield. A small sound that solicits the attention of every hero within a mile radius. Miraculum floats himself down to the ground and turns to face the crowd with a wave of his cave and a face of stone.

“It’s over.” is all he says to them. The heroes descend from the sky and tread ever softly on the ground. It is a solemn moment, except for one hero who pushes through the crowd to the forefront. It is Miraculum’s best friend and most loyal partner, Doctor Mysterium. A man equal in strength and wit to the hero who has just won World War H for the Heroes of Freedom. He looks happy, so much so he looks like a child of six again.

“We’ve done it my friend. We’ve done it.” Doctor Mysterium exclaims happily as he runs up to give his friend a hug.

Miraculum returned the hug, embracing his friend tightly. A small smile draped across his face as his hands came up to cup each of Doctor Mysterium’s cheeks.

“Woah there.” Mysterium said with an uneasy grin. “I love you like a brother man, but not like that.”

“I’m sorry I have to do this.” Miraculum told him with a whisper.

“Do what?” Are the last words Mysterium speaks before Miraculum brings his hands together and smashes his best friend’s head into a bloody pulp. The body of the headless doctor falls backwards, sending a torrent of crimson blood pumping onto the ground from his still beating heart.

The crowd of heroes around him gasps at this atrocity. One member of the crowd, the Quartz Dragon, jumps up with his flaming fists of fury and might and charges Miraculum.

“You shall pay for this treason!” he yells as he swings a punch at Miraculum, who grabs his fist and lines his back up over his head. The Quartz Dragon pales as Miraculum brings his back down onto his knee.
The most horrible sound of crunching and breaking bone is heard when the Quartz Dragon is nearly snapped in two. His body is shattered beyond repair as two heroes, with panicked expressions, attempt to fix him with their healing powers. Miraculum ignores them and faces the crowd once again faces the crowd with a stone gaze.

“Anyone else wishing to attack me will meet the same fate that our friend just experienced. As of two minutes and thirty one seconds ago this planet is now under my rule. Bow before your new ruler or face immediate termination.”

One by one hesitant heroes bow before the god in front of them. Some willingly, others with the utmost hesitancy. All bow before Miraculum, even if they do not pledge their loyalty to him they bow. No one who stands against Miraculum today will live to see another sun rise or be able to hold their families tight when Miraculum destroyed the armies that assembled to fight him or be able to regret not stopping him at his weakest. All they will do is bow like servants before their master.

“Off to a good start.” Miraculum says out loud with a wicked smile as he flies off with a sonic boom. Leaving the heroes alone to grovel in the dirt.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is short. I could only do so much with this chapter. I will add a layout at a later date.