Till Kingdom Come

Don't Shoot

“Don’t shoot, she’s my sister!” Sandy yelled. The little blonde rushed forward and engulfed Noelle in a hug, burying her head against her shoulder as the tears began to fall. Noelle placed her hand behind Sandy’s head and pulled her in closer, placing small and frantic kisses against her hair.

“I thought I lost you.” Noelle whispered. She couldn’t believe that after everything, she was able to find her sister so easily. Despite all their differences, they belonged together. The Governor and Bowman lowered their weapons, and when Martinez ran out from behind one of the corners, armed and ready, The Governor raised his hand, ushering him to lower his weapon as well.

“Well, isn’t this heartwarming.” The governor said as sincerely as he could. “I guess you finally found her Sandy. Nice to finally meet you, Noelle.” The Governor stretched his hand out.

Keeping an arm around Sandy, Noelle outstretched her arm and took The Governors hand in hers, giving her a friendly shake. Noelle didn’t know whether to trust these men or not, after everything that she had encountered, but she thought that anyone who kept her sister alive was a decent person. Little did she know.

“Are you alone?” Martinez asked.
“I was until a few days back. Got some people now that are waiting for me to get back, just needed to come find my sister.” Noelle answered sincerely.
“And where’s your group?” The Governor asked curiously.
“Uh…a couple miles back. The abandoned prison.”

Suddenly, The Governor and Martinez exchanged knowing looks, a sinister smile playing on the Governor’s lips.
“Well then, it’s almost dusk. Spend the night here, eat some food. Tomorrow we’ll make sure to give you both some supplies and send you on your way. Hell, we’ll even drive you there ourselves.”

Noelle and Sandy looked at each other thankfully. Tomorrow, they’d call the prison home, together.

------

It was now dark as Daryl parked the car on the outskirts of town and made his way through the unlit, abandoned streets. Peering into every store, he moved around quickly and quietly, his cross bow at the ready.

After about half an hour, a faint light from within one of the stores drew him in. Peeking in carefully, he saw Martinez and Bowman keeping watch, merely a few feet away from where he was crouching. Ducking down immediately, he mutter “fuck” under his breath before peering in once again. Looking towards the back, he could see The Governor sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall, eyes closed and snoring lightly. A few feet away lay Noelle, fast asleep, her arm draped over a young blonde girl. The resemblance was uncanny, and he knew right away that Noelle had found her sister.

But she had found her with the wrong people and now Daryl needed to get them both out of there. Looking around frantically, he saw a back door in the convenience store and making his way around, he hoped it would be a safe and easy entrance.

-----

Back at the prison, the others began growing nervous and weary as the night began to fall and neither Noelle or Daryl had returned. They both new better than to be out at night, especially Daryl given the recent circumstances, but still there was no sign of them as the hours grew longer.

As Rick paced back and forth nervously, biting at his thumb, Glenn stood up and took initiative.

“It’s time to go look for them. Any one else coming?” The option of going out to find them wasn’t a question, but a statement, and Glenn made it clear that he’d go alone if he had to. Without saying anything, Rick walked over to their weapons and began grabbing anything that was deemed necessary.

Daryl was Rick’s right hand man, and he’d be dammed if he lost him now too. Placing a fearful kiss on Glenn’s lips, Maggie waved good bye as Rick and Glenn made their way out, silence falling over everyone in the prison.

-----

Finally making his way into the store, Daryl moved about quietly and swiftly as if he were hunting his pray. Crawling across the tile floor, he made his way over to Noelle, quickly placing the palm of his hand tightly over her mouth.

Noelle jumped awake, startled, and gave a faint whimper, her eyes wide and evident with fear. As Sandy barely stirred in her sleep, Daryl hushed her quietly and let Noelle go as she sighed with relief.

“We gotta get movin’.” He whispered. “No time to explain, but it aint safe her, lets go NOW.” Noelle simply nodded, as she turned around and nudged her sister, who woke up dazed and confused.

“Hun, it’s time to go now…but you gotta be quiet.” Sandy had no clue what was going on, or who this man was, but she didn’t ask any questions as she followed Noelle and Daryl towards the back door. Holding her sisters hand, Noelle pulled Sandy along behind her, both of them staying low as they followed Daryl out the back. But once they were reaching the exit, Noelle felt Sandy’s hand slip from her reach and turned around the see The Governor’s arm wrapped tightly around Sandy’s neck, a gun pointed at her head.

Daryl quickly pushed Noelle behind him as she gasped, and he raised his crossbow at The Governor, finger ready at the trigger.

“Now now there, I suggest you lower that crossbow before blondie gets a bullet to the head.” The Governor’s threatening words struck fear within Noelle, and she right away new the type of men they were dealing with.

Hesitantly lowering his crossbow, Daryl had to hold Noelle back as she tried to lunge forward, yelling at The Governor to let her sister go. The Governor smirked evilly as tears rolled down Sandy’s face, but just as quickly as The Governor grabbed on to Sandy, he let go when bullets began flying through the store.

From outside the store stood Glenn and Rick, shooting at the governor and his henchmen, giving Daryl, Noelle and Sandy the opportunity to get away. they couldn’t have arrived at a better time.

The Governor, Martinez, and Bowman ran out towards their car, shooting back desperately as they tried to avoid getting hit. It was a close call, but the prison group managed to get out of another threatening experience.

Getting into the car, Rick and Glenn kept shooting out the window until they managed to drive away. But just as Daryl, Noelle, and Sandy were making it to the car, the Governor swept up behind them and grabbed Sandy by the waste. Noelle fought to keep a hold of her sisters hand as Daryl pulled her back, both Sandy and Noelle yelling. But the fight proved useless.

Before she knew it, Noelle watched Sandy get put into the car with The Governor and his men, as the Governor clasped his mouth over Sandy’s mouth. Noelle yelled, trying to run after the car, but as the tires skidded and the car drove off, Noelle fell to the floor sobbing, Daryl’s arm still wrapped around her waste.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's another update(: hopefully I have another one for you guys tomorrow. Feel free to comment and let me know what you guys think!