‹ Prequel: High School Blows

High School Kinda Sucks

Protection

“I’m going to get Karolina as a date” Matt said in the bathroom mirror. He said it a few more times. Bryan walked in.

“You alright, mate?” he asked Matt. Matt shook his head.

“I need a date to semi”

“You don’t need a date” Bryan said. “You want one” he said.

“That’s a good point” Matt said. “But if I go alone and everyone else has a date I’ll be like the 8th wheel” Bryan shook his head. “You can’t argue you have a date to prom”

“Well with prom it’s different. You guys are seniors, most of you guys have cars and have master seduction skills. If me and Sohee didn’t have a thing going on I would totally jack a girl from someone else” Matt smirked. “Now that’s the way to think, positive”

“ok”

“But what about Karolina, didn’t you ask her?”

“I can’t just ask her right off the bat, we’re not really good friendsyet. I’ll impress her and talk to her a lot and then we’ll get really close and BOOM I’ll ask her out”

“And what is Randy’s approach?”

“This is my way of positive thinking”

“Do you even like her?”

“She’s really nice” Matt said. “And the only avalible girl left to ask on a date”

“Who do you really want to ask?”

“Honestly?” he asked.

“Honestly, who do you really want to ask”

“Shay”

“Shay Park?” he asked.

“no Shay Mitchell” Matt said. Bryan gave Matt a nice pat on the back.

“Why don’t you ask Shay instead?”

“Because I like her, like I really like her” Matt said. “And I’m afraid Sohee will find out”

“There’s no harm in having a crush”

“Yeah I have a crush on the girl I previously had a crush on’s sister” he said. “I feel like Sohee might find it weird”

“She probably will” Bryan said honestly. “But there’s no point in taking a random girl to semi unless you like her—and you might like Karolina I don’t know you, but you like Shay and there’s no point in avoiding those feelings” he said. “It’s your decision” Bryan left the bathroom. Matt sighed.



“You’re adorable” Shay told another freshman, Nick. “But no you can’t get a discount on your class dues. 30 dollars, take it or leave it” she said. Nick smirked.
“If I take you on a date can I get a discount” Shay thought about it.

“I mean, I can’t give you a discount but I’ll take the date, anyways” Nick eyed her, like most young boys do.

“Ok. How about tonight?” she blushed. “Around 6 I can pick you up, dinner then a movie? The Great Gatsby comes out tonight”

“I will adore you forever if you take me to see that movie!” she exclaimed. “I love Leonardo Dicaprio” she said. “he’s just so cute and so great…”

“Ok, then it’s a date. I’ll text you later” he walked away. “Oh you should really think about giving me a discount!” she smiled.

Matt came up to her “I didn’t know you were friends with Nick. Old Saint Nick” he said.

“I’m going out on a date with him tonight” she gushed. She was smiling so hard, he was surprised her cheeks didn’t hurt. “I’m so excited, we’re going to see the great gatsby” she squealed.

“Oh wow” Matt said. “I’m so happy for you”



During lunch Leena didn’t really have anyone to sit with since the gang broke up and she separated with Sean, she decided to choose a new crowd. She had become really close with Aiden during their law class and more specifically the mock trial. So she sat with him and a few of their mutual friends.

“How’s life without Sean?” he asked her.

“We broke up” she said. That’s the first time she ever worded it like that. “Well more like separated until he can get his shit together”

“That happens. My parents separated for a while, everything was ok”

“Really? What happened?”

“My mom was just overwhelmed with my dad’s new job. Doesn’t matter anymore I guess”

“Why not?”

“He died a few years ago” he said. She didn’t know how to respond. “Wow that probably didn’t make you feel better”

“No it did not” she admitted with a chuckle. “I always think like I’m doing the wrong thing”

“I think society thinks separating is a bad thing because it either leads to a final break up or divorce” Aiden said. “But really it can benefit both parties in good ways. Sean could come to his senses and be better when he comes back—when is his suspension over?”

“Monday”

“Oh” She took a deep breath in and out.

“I’m worried about it not being therapuetic” she said. “I want him to forgive Joe so bad, we almost made a breakthrough after his suspension but it seems like he just can’t do it”

“I understand both sides…wait, did you forgive Joe?”

“Of course, I’m still here aren’t i?” she asked. “It was an accident, that all it was. Now if he was plotting to kill me I would be concerned but Joe’s my best friend and I know he wouldn’t” she said. “But…”

“But Sean can’t live without you, so thinking you could have died fuels his rage towards Joe” she nodded.

“Well if that’s the least of your problems that’s pretty good”

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“It’s actually not that bad” Aiden said. “He’s just over thinking, thinking of what COULD have been. What if’s, you know what I’m saying?”

“I know what your saying” she said. Leena smiled. “Thanks”

Lauren walked by with her lunch tray. “hey Leena”

“Hey basic bitch” Leena said with a cheeky smile. That’s how she shows friendship.

“Basic?” Lauren asked. “Oh honey I’m no basic bitch” Some girl came up behind Lauren and knocked her lunch tray on the floor. The whole east end of the cafeteria got super quiet.

“Baby killer!” the girl exclaimed. The girl walked away.

“What the fuck was that?” Leena asked. Lauren was kind of in shock.

“Ok” Aiden said. “That was weird.



During their science class, Lauren, Emma and Kyle stayed pretty quiet in the corner as they talked. “I think someone knows” Lauren said.

“How would they?” Emma asked.”It’s confidential. Not even your dad knows”

“So someone found out” Kyle said. “We need to find out who it is—I’ll get Leena on the case” Lauren was getting super stressed and overwhelmed.

“I can’t do this” she said. “It’s been months, I mean months since it happened. I just want to forget” she said. Her voice was starting to shake.

“Don’t worry, I’m going to get to the bottom of this” Kyle said.



“Yeah, my mom’s a doctor at the clinic” Mackenzie started. “She checks up on the girls after the abortions. She asked me if I knew a Lauren Kramer and I was like yeah. She said she came in for an abortion a few months ago and it just came to her mind to tell me to be better than that, now that I have a boyfriend”

"Wow" Deanna said. She was kind of surprised. Lauren was her closest cousin, you would think someone would share info like this with their close friend. She was wondering if her dad knew.

"My mom was just so shocked. She gave me a big lecture on sex. But it's ok, Zack wears protection" Deanna pretended she was interested in her sex life. "Zack is so wild in bed, he's like so dominating...have you slept with Ross yet?"

"No" she said. "We've only been dating for a month" she said. "it's not enough time to start a sexual relationship"

"Oh right" Mac said. "Well i'm going to tell everyone about Luren's abortion!" Mackenzie stood up.

"Mac no!" Deanna exclaimed. She stood up too. "Lauren is my cousn and my good friend. You can't tell anyone"

"You're not going to stop me" Mackenzie brushed past Deanna and went to sit with another table.

"Oh no"