‹ Prequel: High School Blows

High School Kinda Sucks

***

"Dee, i love you and all but your dumb" Lauren and Deanna sat on the steps outside their school after classes ended for the day. "You slept with him...A-fucking-gain!" she exclaimed. Deanna was sobbing. "Calm down"

"I don't know what to do"

"How about telling Ross"

"But i really like him, he won't want to be with me anymore" Lauren gave her that disapproving parental look.

"That's the mature thing to do" Lauren said. "Because if he finds out from someone else it's going to get ugly"

The front doors swung open. "I already told Ben" Leena said. She walked out the front doors with Karolina.

"Don't tell people!" Karolina exclaimed. They headed down the front steps. They passed Lauren and Deanna.

"I did tell people, sorry" they walked down the street. "But it's just so perfect"

"Why? Aiden and I are polar opposites. And besides, it's not like your going to get us to go to prom together" Leena smiled "Lee, no!"

"I have to! I have a week" she said. "Neither of you have dates and both of you want to go but don't want to go alone" she said. "So it's perfect" the two got to the local Rite Aid in a couple minutes.

"Where's Brooklyn?" Karolina asked.

"She's hanging out with Evan"

"Do you think they're going to date?" she asked.

"Of course Evan kisses the ground she walks on. But i think Brooklyn likes Matt"

"Matt? Like the senior Matt, your friend?" Leena nodded. "Oh wow"

"It's kind of obvious, but Matt's a little bit too smitten for you to even notice Brooklyn" Karo rolled her eyes. "I told Ben and Ben will probably tell Matt. So eventually he'll be off your case"

"Ok, good. He's nice and all but he's just not my type"

"You like Aiden, and he's definately your type" Leena said sarcastically.

"I thought you like Aiden?"

"I like Aiden he's my friend, but i think he would be much better for Deanna like i suggested to him" she said. "You're into the smoke pot and party type and he's just a gamer kid who's smart and really nice"

"Maybe that's the kind of guy i want" Karolina said. They waited outside the Rite Aid

"What about Randy? he actually likes you for you and you know that" Leena said. "And he's a party kid, plus he's attractive"

"No" Karo said. "I don't want another party kid. I want someone who is just down to earth and normal"

"Ok, whatever you say" Leena pulled out a blunt from her pocket and lit it up.

"You kept that in your pocket all day?"

"Of course. It's my sympathy blunt"

"You better share"

"No sharing" Leena took a nice long drag. "It's sympathy for me"

"Fuck you"

...

Emma set the table that night while her mother finished cooking. "I can't believe how gorgeous your getting, Em" her older sister Elsa told her.

"I can't believe how big your getting!" Emma exclaimed. "What does Jeremy think of it?"

"He loves it" Elsa said. "He's so excited. By the way mom, after Em graduates i want to go to Sweden with the whole family! Itll be my one chance before the baby comes"

"That sounds lovely"

"Oh Em, what about your gap semester. Is it all planned?" she asked.

"Yeah, i just need to get the plane tickets but it's kind of expensive so i'm trying to find a job" she said.

Her mom was twitching just hearing about them talk about that god awful gap semester. She was going to be gone for three months, running around Europe with Mike.

"Is Mike excited?"

"Of course he is, he's even more excited because he finally got into college for the spring semester" Emma said. "He's also going to WSU"

"That's great!" Elsa said. "I can tell you really like him"

"He's so amazing" Emma blushed.

"Mom you must be sad about letting your two babies go" Elsa said. They turned to their mother who was not pleased

"Emma, we have to talk about your europe trip"

"About what?"

"You can't go" In that moment, Emma thought her world was over.

...

Leena logged on to facebook. She didn't have Aiden's number so he was hoping to god Aiden was online

"Fuck yes" she said. she opened a chat with him.

Leena: hey
Aiden: wat up
Leena: not much. Just wondering if you have a date to prom
Aiden: this sounds weird
Leena: just answer
Aiden: i don't. i'll probz go alone. I have my suit and everything black
Leena: oh
Aiden: why?
Leena: Nothing. what do you think of my friends?
Aiden: Why??
Leena: Well we're still trying to figure out our table plans and we have one more seat. It's me and Sean, Brooklyn and Evan, Karolina, Nick and Tal and an empty seat"
Aiden: Well i wanted to sit with AJ...but your table sounds alot better
Leena: yay! what sold you?
Aiden: Karo

Leena smirked.

Leena: you like KK?
Aiden: she's nice, and we're friends i guess. Brooklyn's really nice too
Leena: sweet! you know...Karo's going alone, you two should go together!
Aiden: no, it's ok. I know she wouldn't be interested in me
Leena: i beg to differ

...

Leena ran into school and attacked Lauren in a big hug. "hey whats up" she said.

"I am a master of romantic procedures!"

"Are you talking about sex, because i don't want to know what you do with Sean in your spare time. Seriously" Lauren closed her locker.

"No" she siad. The two started walking down the hall. "It's a long story"

"I need something to distract me, so go ahead"

"What's wrong? Is it softball? I can come to the practices if you want" Lauren smiled at how sweet Leena is. She shook her head.

"No it's something else--its the abortion stuff going around"

"Oh yeah....if you want me to knock some heads i can" she said.

"It's just, i have to tell my dad about it if i want all this hazing to stop" she said. "And i can't tell my dad because if i do he won't let me see Kyle any more"

"Oh, so the rumors are true?"

"I want to know who started it"

"I'll find out for you" Leena said

"Anyways, say your story"

"No it's too upbeat for this mood"

"Leena"

"Ok, fine....So i became good friends with Aiden Bauer, right" she started. "And Karolina is also like my best friend. So these few weeks i've been joining Aiden with my other friends and yesterday i found out Aiden likes Karolina"

"That's great!" Lauren said. "Are you getting them to go to prom together?"

"Of course, Karo is like in love with Aiden from afar so i'm playing match maker" she said.

"Your awesome" Lauren. "Prom's friday right?" Leena nodded. "I hope you have oodles of fun"

"I'll try" she said. "I don't like wearing dresses, but i do like having sex" she said. Lauren chuckled.

"How's Joe?"

"He's coming back to school tomorrow" Leena said. "I'm so excited. Do you know what it's like to not have your best friend around?"

"Yeah without Emma i would be pretty lost" Lauren said.

"Exactly, i miss him alot"

"How's Sean reacting to all of this?"

"I really don't know, he won't talk to me about it anymore. But i think we're getting over it" Lauren smiled.

"That's good"

"You know Deanna right? Your cousins"

"Yeah"

"How is her relationship with Ross"

"Why do you care?" Lauren and Leena stopped outside of the guidance office. "I thought you hated him? Well that's what Emma told me"

"I do, but he's still my friend"

"Um" Lauren located the nearest bathroom and dragged Leena inside. They went into the handicap stall. "Deanna's cheating on Ross" she whispered. Leena's expression suddenly changed from upbeat to depressed.

"That bitch is cheating on Ross?" she asked. Lauren nodded. "With who?"

"She's still my cousin so i have to keep it confidential" she said. Leena nodded. "But she won't tell him no matter how much i beg her to...."

"I'm going to kill her" Leena said. The two left the bathroom and continued walking down the hall.

"That makes two of us"

"Ross likes her sooooo much" Leena said. "He's going to be devastated"

"Yeah and Deanna's going to hate me" Lauren said. "Let's just do whats right" Leena nodded. "It's been such a shit few weeks"

"It has been. Really for me it's been a shit month" Lauren chuckled.

"Once you get your cast off ill take you out...whats your favorite restaurant?"

"Well theres this diner i really like over in the upper east side"

"I'll take you there"

...

"Now that Aiden and Karo are going to prom i guess that means there dating" Randy said.

"What makes you say that?" Matt asked. The two headed to their study hall.

"Sohee told me that Lauren told her that Leena told her that Aiden and Karolina like each other"

"Oh" Matt sighed. The two sat down at their usual corner table. "Now who do we take?"

"I'm just going to buy a singles ticket" Randy admitted. "I'll hook up with someone, i guarentee. Bitches drop their pants for me

"That is true, but no one would drop their pants or me" Matt said.

"Maybe Tim" they laughed. "We'll have fun no matter what, we'll still have our friends"

"I just hate being the third wheel" Matt said. "I mean i've had one girlfriend and we dated for like practically a month" he said. "I'v been the third wheel my entire life"

"C'mon Matt" Randy said. "THink positive" Matt thought of Shay.

"I might have an idea"

...

"Hey Ross" Leena found Ross in the hall after study hall. "Can we talk?"

"You want to talk?"

"it's kind of important" she said.

"Do you still hate me?"

"A little bit" she smirked. He smirked back. "I'm sorry for that i guess i over reacted"

"No i get where your coming from, it's ok" he said. "Now what's so important that you have to talk to me first?"

"Uh...um...its about Deanna" Ross fidgetted a bit. She didn't look like she was happy to say this. "She's cheating on you" Ross opened his locker, put his head inside then screamed. Luckily not too many people were in the hall. After he screamed he closed his locker and turned to Leena, again.

"Who is it?" his voice was breaking.

"I don't know. I was told by Lauren" she said. "And she wants this to be over but Deanna won't confront you"

"thanks" he said. "Oh god" he could feel a headache coming on. He punched his locker.

"Ross, calm down" she said. He sat down on the ground.

"What's wrong with me?" he asked. She sat down with him. "What's wrong with me that everyone needs to leave me for someone else? Is there something wrong with me, Leena?" Leena couldn't take this.

"I'm going in there and i'm giving her a piece of my mind" Leena got up and marched to the cafeteria, Ross stayed where he was. This is the first time he cried in public since Leena and Joe's car accident.

Leena got into the cafe and spotted Deanna's table. "Hey cunt" Leena tapped Deanna on the shoulder.

"Excuse me?" Mackenzie asked. "Were trying to enjoy our lunch, neanderthal, leave us alone"

"Shut up whore" Leena said. "I have a problem with her" Leena pointed to Deanna. Deanna stood up.

"What did i do?" Leena slapped her across the face.

"That's for cheating on my best friend" Zack, who was next to Mackenzie, was starting to get nervous. If Leena knew Deanna cheated, does she know with who? "I don't even know what to say, just stay away from him" Most of the cafeteria had seen this exchange. Deanna stood frozen in place. Mackenzie stood up.

"What did you do?" Mac asked. Deanna ran out of the cafeteria following Leena. She saw Leena and Ross hugging.

"Ross" she squeaked out.

"Who?" Ross asked as she got closer.

"I can't say" she said.

"Then fuck you"