‹ Prequel: High School Blows

High School Kinda Sucks

Confessions

"I swear to god prom is going to be the death of me" Sean took another slow drag then watch as the smoke came from his mouth.

"I feel you" Sean said. "Leena still kind of hates me"

"But she'll look beautiful" Evan said.

"Of course she will" Sean said. "She always looks great. Hopefully i'll get laid"

"Well Leena told Brooklyn that she hates wearing dresses so..." Sean smirked. "Make sure you bring alot of rubbers"

"I'll try...what color is Brooklyn's dress?"

"White" Evan took a drag of his blunt.

"Are you going to date her anytime soon? Because you and Brook are exactly how me and Leena were before W.C" he said.

"Hopefully, it's just i think she likes someone else. KK makes me feel stupid because she thinks it's obvious"

"KK makes everyone feel stupid" Sean said. "But she's right, it's obvi she has a thing for Matt"

"Matt?" Evan asked. "I would never have guessed" Sean took the blunt from Evan and stomped it out on the ground.

"You honestly have be kidding me, are you smoking so much that you can't see it?" Sean asked.

"I think so"

"I'm looking out for you" he said. "But i think Brook's fascination with Matt will wear off when she see's how amazing you are at prom" he said.

"I'll try to make myself seem more appealing. Hey, maybe i'll get laid, too!"

"Keep dreaming"

...

Vanessa found Lauren in the hall after school. Lauren was headed to her locker. "Hey Lo" Vanessa said. "What's up?" Lauren sighed. "Don't give me that look, please. I come with a white flag"

"I can't believe you!" Lauren exclaimed "First you practically destroy Sohee's spirts and thank god for you she wasn't that hurt by it...then you ruin Shay's relationship with her first boyfriend, then you rat out Mike's party getting several members kicked off the team and costing most of us suspensions from the team so NO get the fuck away from me. You are legit the last person i want to talk to. I'd rather talk to satan then EVER talk to you!" Lauren opened her locked again just to slam it shut, then she stormed off.

Vanessa stood there traumatized.

...

"Your dress is so pretty" Karolina told Brooklyn. "You're going to look amazing." Brooklyn smiled.

"I hope so"

"I hate dresses" Leena said. "My dress is pretty and all but i feel awkward. My mom says i can't wear my beanie" Karo and Brooklyn chuckled. "But i can wear converse!" she smiled. "Because it's the only thing that feels comfortable with my cast"

"I think you'll look amazing" Karolina said. "You're like the prettiest girl in school, and in your dress you'll look amazing!" she said. "I'll vote for you for prom queen!"

"Please don't, please please dont"

...

Holly found Lauren going to her car after school. "Hey Lo, can we talk?"

"If it's about Vanessa then no"

"Lauren"

"Hol, i love you and all but you can't go back to her"

"I have no intentions of going back to her. Not unless you guys want to" Holly said. "it's just, i found her absolutely bawling in the bathroom. I don't feel sympathy it's just...you kind of hrut her feelngs"

"And?"

"Were no better then her" she said. "She didn't respect our feeling and now we're not respecting hers" she said. "And we don't want to be another Vanessa"

...

"So here's the 411" Lauren sat with Leena at lunch when Karolina, Sean and Brooklyn were getting their lunches. "Zack and Mackenzie broke up" Leena shrugged.

"So?"

"Deanna was sleeping with Zack" Leena went to gasp but Lauren covered her mouth. "You do not know this information" Leena nodded. Lauren moved her hand. "Don't tell Ross either. As far as i know i don't think Mackenzie even knows he cheated"

"I hate Mackenzie but wow that really sucks. Is he still going to prom with her?"

"Nope. She doesn't want him to"

"THat really sucks" Leena smiled. "I actually like this...not the whole Deanna cheating on Ross thing but the fact that she might have broken Mackenzie is just great"

"I can't believe it" Lauren said. "Deanna's not the kind of girl to cheat. I really thought Ross and Dee could work. I feel really bad for him"

"Me too, but i think he's fine. He's bummed about going to prom alone but he'll get over it. Joe's going alone, too"

"Ok" she said.

"It seems like the girls who are less likely to cheat always cheat right?" Lauren nodded.

"I mean when Sohee cheated on Joe i was so shocked. She was too sweet for that"

"Yeah. Joe wanted Sohee back even though she cheated. Do you think Ross will want Deanna back?"

"Let's hope not"

"What is it about cheating that is so great?" Lauren shrugged. "I mean i never cheated but i thought about it...with Dakota" she said. "Is the sex better? because the sex with Sean now is pretty great"

"Please stop talking"

...

Bryan called a bro's night that night at their favorite diner. Sean was not invited, and he was aware they were meeting up, too.

The rest of the gang met around 9. They ate dinner then they sat together discussing last minute prom plans.

"My dress fits perfectly" Leena said. "I hate it"

"Honestly she looks so pretty in it" Joe said. "It's a gorgeous dress and you'll look great, and light blue is really Sean's color so i think he'll look great, too"

"You gay?" Ross asked.

"Bitch i might be" he said. "I'd rather take dicks right now. I feel like guys don't break hearts as brutally"

"Yeah girls really suck" Ross said. "I guess we should go together, right" Joe and Ross high fived. "I'll bring you the corsage i was going to bring Deanna"

"Ok" Leena smiled.

"I do admit, girls really do suck" Leena said. "That's why i wear jeans and sweatpants and i have mostly guy friends" she said. "Because guys are alot better. Brook and Karo are chill too. And Lo i guess"

"Did Lauren tell you anything more about Deanna?" Ross asked. Leena lied and shook her head. "I just want to know who it was"

"Eventually we'll know" Leena told him.

"So have we all been cheated on, yet?" Joe asked.

"Practicallly" Byran said. "Vanessa cheated on me at least three times in the like four-five months we were dating"

"I mean, i've never been cheated on or cheated so i don't know" Leena said. "Unless we have some confessions"

"NO Sean's clean" Ross said. "Technically you did cheat" he said. "When you guys were just fucking before you started dating you went out with AJ"

"But we weren't officiall--"

"Still, close enough"

"Wow" Bryan said. "We've all either cheated or been cheated on. I mean, we're all 17 how the fuck is that possible? Our are morals just that shitty?" he asked.

"Probz" Joe took a sip of Leena's drink.

"I just want to know what i'm doing wrong, ya dig?" Ross asked. Leena shrugged. "Like, i've had three relationships this year and they've all failed"

"Well with Holly the second time it was your fault" Leena said. "You didn't want it so that's understandable. With Shannah it was kind of weird, what happened again?"

"She was too interested in Bryan" they all stared at Bryan.

"I can't help it being so pretty" Bryan smirked.

"Fuck you" Leena spat.

"I know you love me..."

"There's clearly something wrong with me" Ross said.

"No, your golden. We're a gang, a coven, brotheren" Joe said. "If there was something wrong with you...god damn it"

"We would tell you" Leena finished.

"Well that makes me feel great" Ross said sarcastically.

...

As Leena was driving Joe home, Joe pulled out a flask from his jacket. "Please tell me that's water"

"You don't put water in cool ask flasks, Lee"

"Joe, are you seriously drinking? We gave up that shit...well i assumed we would"

"I did for a while but...i'm emotional"

"No driving"

"I don't have a car" Joe said. "And until i'm done with fucking AA i won't have one"

"Oh yeah, how's that going?"

"Two more classes" he said. "It's obviously not working. How does one deal with their emotions without drinking?"

"We cry like normal people"

"I like getting drunk"

"I miss getting drunk" she said. "But i just can't do it again...no offense"

"None taken"

"At least it's ok since i know you won't be driving anytime soon"

...

Lauren sent Vanessa a facebook message. She couldn't say what she was going to say in person. It was just too hard and emotional for her.

Vanessa, I'm sorry for what i said the other day. I didn't mean to be that harsh. I should have realized how much that would hurt your feelings. It's just, i meant it. I don't want your forgiveness because it still hurts me even though you weren't really trying to hurt me. Sorry.

- Lauren K.

She sent the message hoping she could start over with Vanessa. Maybe one day they could all be friends again. Besides Vee being a bitch sometimes, she could actually be someone fun to be around.

...