‹ Prequel: High School Blows

High School Kinda Sucks

Rumors

"Now back to drama" Sean said. He walked into school with Leena the Monday after prom. "Who do you think slept with who?"

"I know Aiden and Karo didn't get it in. I don't think it'll work between them"

"Karo's too different for Aiden, she was partying the whole night. If she wants someone better then a party kid he kinda has to behave like a non-party kid as well" Leena nodded. "But they looked really cute at prom"

"At least prom worked out" she said. She smiled at the thought of winning prom queen. "I thought you would be mad that you didn't win prom king with me"

"You and Ross were having so much fun. Even when no one was dancing you guys were tearing up the dance floor" he said. "You both deserved it" she smiled. "You looked really great by the way, how many times did i say that?"

"About 22...not even joking" they passed by Joe, she smiled at him.

"What are you doing after school?"

"Getting my cast off hopefully" she said.

"Oh sweet" he said. "We'll finally be able to do cowgirl without your leg hurting" Leena smirked.

"If i can sneak away after i get it off, wanna meet up?"

"Should i ask for the van?"

"I think so"

...

Mackenzie watched Lauren walk out to her car. It was judgement time. Clearly Deanna wouldn't tell Mac who she cheated on Ross with, but she would definately tell Lauren. Mac managed to snag Sohee's phone from her earlier in the day. She sent Lauren a text when he saw Lauren get into her car.

Sohee/Mac: Hey, i have a question
Lauren: shoot
Sohee: I was wondering why Ross and Deanna broke up. Bryan never told me why
Lauren: she cheated
Sohee: Whoa, she's so sweet tho
Lauren: i don't know. she said it just happened but i don't believe that bull shit
Sohee: Why not?
Lauren: She slept with Zack, you know Zack Moore? I think she's just jealous of Mac and slept with him to get back at her.

Mackenzie almost dropped Sohee's phone when she saw Zack's name in her text. That's why Zack broke up with her. That slut Deanna took him away from her! Oh some major planning needed to be done. First she needed to return Sohee's phone.

...

“Deanna has to be stopped” Mackenzie said. She flipped through their yearbook and looked at all the pictures of Deanna and herself. “She’s too powerful. She’s going out of control” She drew a big X over Deanna’s picture with a red marker.

She thought of everything Deanna has ever told her. She looked back on her journal. She read every page until she found the perfect thing to use against her. She had a crush on Joe before dating Ross. This was going to be good.



“I think you should really ask Shay to semi” Bryan said. “Sohee already said she would go with you”

“But it’s not the point” Matt said. “I lo—like her a lot and it’s impossible to get over that if I take her to semi”

“Why don’t you tell her?” Sohee asked.

“She’s getting with Nick Van Buren” Matt said.

“My mom doesn’t like him” Sohee said. “But she really likes you”

“Would she be ok with a 15 year old dating a 17 year old senior?”

“I’m not sure. Probably not but it’s worth a try” Sohee said. “I mean she really dislikes Nick.”

“What’s wrong with Nick?” Bryan asked. “He’s a good kid, good football player”

“He’s nice and he’s really nice to Shay, but it’s his record” Sohee said. “Shay used to talk about Nick and how much of a bad boy he is, and how he was like the first kid in their grade to lose their virginity” she said. “And smoke pot, and have random hook ups with older girls” she continued. “And my mom remembers even though Shay mentioned him once or twice a few years ago” she said.

“Oh” Bryan said. “He’s too nice to be a ladies man”

“Oh he’s a ladies man, alright” Lauren piped in. “He lives down my street, when we were little, maybe in elementary school he used to hit on me at the bus stop” she said.

“Randy’s normal” Matt said. “He’s not a slut...well...not a major slut” Sohee shrugged.

“Anyways” Bryan said. “I really think you should ask her out before Nick can”

“There going on their second date this weekend” Sohee said. “Second dates are a deal breaker” Matt nodded.

“I’ll find a way to ask her to semi without making a fool of myself”

“Hey did you here about Deanna?” Bryan asked.

“About what?” Matt asked. “I don’t have time for juniors”

“Deanna and Joe”

“I heard about that, too.” Lauren said.

“What did you here?” Bryan asked.

“That Deanna and Joe had sex a few weeks ago and she’s pregnant. But it’s so over the top I can’t believe it”

“But can it be possible? That Joe and Deanna had a thing?” Sohee asked. “And does Ross know?”

“I hope not” Bryan said.

“Well she has cheated on Ross already so it could be possible. And a month ago she said she liked Joe, but in a infatuated kind of way” Bryan nodded. “But the pregnancy thing, it can’t be true”

“Well whatever you do, keep people from spreading it. I don’t want Ross to find out”

“I’ll find out if it’s true with some digging” Lauren said.

“I can’t watch Ross and Joe’s friendship fall apart. I barely got Ross and Leena on good terms. She still kinda hates her but for a lot of reasons…”

“Well if we hear anyone talking about it we’ll tell them it’s all lies” Sohee said. “And if he asks we’ll tell him it’s a rumor”

“Who would have started such a rumor, though?” Lauren asked.

“Who do you think” Matt said. They all turned to Mackenzie’s lunch table.