‹ Prequel: High School Blows

High School Kinda Sucks

Accident

The party at Randy's house was insane. It was like the entire senior class was there. And there's atleast 100 kids in their grade. Including some of the juniors Randy liked like Bryan,Ross, Joe, Leena and Sean and of course Nick had to invite his freshman friends.

"This is the best tasting shit i've seen in years!" Joe drooled. "It's like an orgasm"

"Joe, its just bagged milk" Sean said. "Calm yourself" he chuckled.

"I know it's the same but it touches my tastebud better then bottle milk ever did"

"I'm glad were a bro gang--a bro coven-- a bro group -- a bro gang, again" Bryan said. "I think we should do celebratory shots"

"I'm on it" Sean darts up and runs into Randy's kitchen. "How much did you guys buy in Canada?"

"Like over two hundred dollars worth of this shit. It's so great. Only the best for my friends" Randy smirked. "Have a good time" Randy was leaving the kitchen.

"Wait, Randy. One question" Randy turned around. "Do you like Ross? Like like-like Ross?" Randy put his drinks down.

"So he told you?"

"You can't keep juicy secrets from our group for long" he chuckled.

"I don't know" Randy admitted. "I didn't want to worry him. I felt like for the first time someone understood me, you know?" Sean nodded. "Please don't tell"

"Secret's safe with me"

"Now i have a quick question for you"

"I'm all ears"

"Who invited Dakota?" Randy pointed into the living room where Dakota was laughing with all his friends.

"I sure as hell didn't"

"I know it's just a rumor, but i didn't want anyone suspected of being a recovering alcoholic at my party with alcohol" Sean nodded.

"Even i we were still talking, i wouldn't have invited him" Sean said. "I'll call his parents, that's what i always do if i see him drinking"

"NO!"

"Why not?"

"Because if you tell them there's alcohol here they'll call the cops on me. And I do not want to go through what Mike went through" Randy said. "Just keep him from driving home--if he tries to leave call me" Sean nodded. Of course he's going against his better judgement.

"Ok" he said.

"I'll get the others to keep an eye on him, too" Randy left the room. Sean sighed. He picked up four red solo cups and filled them 1/4 of the way. He didn't get a drink for himself. He needs to be somewhat fluid to keep an eye on Dakota.

H left the room and slowly made his way into the living room where his best friends were sitting. "YEah!" Joe exclaimed. He took his cup and chugged it before anyone else. No one questioned why Sean didn't have a drink. After all this nonsense it just made sense. And they had a zero tolerance policy for judging.

"So tomorrow the seniors won't be in school, it'll feel so empty without them" Ross said. "Who's going to be there to pick on us?"

"I don't know, i guess we're seniors now. We do the bullying" Leena said.

"Wow that's scary" Bryan said. "I haven't even been thinking about college, yet"

"We should all go to school near each other"

"Is Maine close enough for you?" Leena asked. Joe rolled his eyes. "I love you all, but the chances of that happening are slim...unless we're all going to a community college"

"Uuhhhhh no" Bryan said. "I'm going to a state school. Has the same general feel of community college, but it has State University at the end"

"Well i'm going far" Ross said. "Being a semi-professional football player" Leena chuckled. "I can go wherever i want to play football. I'll send you postcards" he saw Holly walk in. "Excuse me" he gave his cup to Sean and walked over to her. "Holly!" he exclaimed.

"Hey"

"So, how was senior supper?"

"Pretty lame until Matt and Randy arrived" she said. "How'd you enjoy school without the seniors?"

"Scary" he admitted. "But now we're seniors so--" Holly laughed.

"Please, you're not seniors until you finish the school year. I've been there" he smiled.

"Ok. ok. Are you excited for college?"

"Yeah, i'm pretty terrified, but i'm excited"

"The ultimate freedom" he said. "I can't wait"

"Trust me, the emotional ups and downs of senior year are too much. You'll want to stay a senior forever"

"Well now that i have my friends back" he looked back at his rouge friends in the corner. Being popular was never a big deal to him because he had the coolest friends in the world. "I'll probably feel the same way" he smiled. "If you ever need someone handsome and manly to help you move in, or hang out with you...i'll be here" she giggled. "Unless it's a football night"

"I think i'll miss football games the most"

"I'm flattered"

"Not because of you, because of the hot guys from the other teams" they both laughed.

"You know, without you this year really would have sucked" he said. "You were my first girlfriend and we had a shit load of fun together" she blushed. "And i'm going to miss you...a lot"

"Wanna go somewhere more quiet?" she asked. "To talk?" Ross smirked.

"yeah, sure"

Holly and Ross had to pass his bro band to get upstairs.

"THERE HE IS!" Bryan exclaimed.

"GET IT IN!" Sean yelled. Ross rolled his eyes.

"Our little bro is growing up" Joe and Leena high fived. Joe fake cried. "They grow up so fast"

Sean saw Dakota going outside, he didn't look like he was leaving, he had a bunch of friends and someone was holding a pack of ciggarettes.

"Guys i need to tell you something" he admitted. "Before Dakota and i had our falling out, his parents told me something pretty serious about him"

"What?" Leena asked. Even though Sean hated him, Leena couldn't. She's awkwardly nice to everyone, especially her neighbor.

"Is he dying?" Joe asked.

"No, no. He moved here when he was a freshman. At his old school he hung out with the wrong crowd and he got drunk alot."

"So he's recovering?" Bryan asked. He nodded.

"His parents told me to keep an eye at him at parties. I've done my best, i would always text them and tell them what's going on--we're not friends but i still care"

"We'll keep an eye on him" Bryan said.

"Ok"

The seniors started a full on sing-a-long session of the Pursit of Happiness by Kid Cudi. The gang looked around, noticing how happy they seemed. They were just dancing around like complete idiots, enjoying the time they had left with each other.

"I want that" Bryan said. "I want to feel free"

"One step at a time, bro"

"If I fall, if I die, know I lived it to the fullest
If I fall, if I die, know I lived and missed some bullets

I'm on the pursuit of happiness, and I know
Everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
Hey, I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good"


"I don't want this to end" Leena said. "I don' t want to grow up" Bryan put his arm around her.

"Agreed" Joe lit a ciggarette.

"Sympathy smoke?" he asked. Leena took the little white stick from him.

"Tell me what you know about dreamin', dreamin'
You don't really know about nothin', nothin'
Tell me what you know about them night terrors every night
5 A.M., cold sweats wakin' up to the sky"

Tell me what you know about dreams, dreams
Tell me what you know about night terrors, nothin'
You don't really care about the trials of tomorrow
Rather lay awake in a bed full of sorrow"


"Let's make a pact" Bryan said. He put his hand out. "We're going to make our senior year the best year of our lives. Constant fun, no fighting, everything life should be and more" Leena put her hand in. Soon Joe did, Sean hesitated but he joined in.

"But we need Ross"

"I think out of all of us, Ross agrees we need to have fun" Joe said. "With his new boyfriend, ya know" they chuckled.

"I don't want to look back on senior year and be unhappy about the way it went" Leena said. "I don't want unneccessary drama or fighting with my friends" she said. "So promise me we'll stay a bro band forever" Bryan smiled. He pulled Leena onto his lap and hugged her.

"Of course"

"I'm on the pursuit of happiness, and I know
Everything that shine ain't always gonna be gold
Hey, I'll be fine once I get it, I'll be good"


Karolina ran inside of the house, two seconds ago she thought she was on her way to a simple house party, now she's in full panic.

"GUYS!" she yells. "RANDY!!!" she ran over to Randy. he turned the music down to hear her. "There's been an accident"

"What?"

"Like two blocks away on west main street"

"Do you know who it is?" Matt asked.

"I don't know, but I saw our school parking ticket on the car and panicked"

"Fuck" Randy grabbed his keys and ran out of the house. Matt stood frozen, it was Leena and Joe's accident all over again.

"Ok party's over!" he exclaimed. "You dont have to go home but you can't stay here" he left the house as well.

Sean looked around. "Where's Dakota?" Bryan asked.

"I don't know"

"Oh no" Leena darted up. "let's go" the four of them ran outside.

"Let's take my car" Bryan said.

"It'll be easier on foot" Sean said. The four started running.

Kyle ran upstairs. He knew Holly and Ross went into one of the bedrooms. He knocked on the door, being a gentleman and all. "Hol, Ross, come out we have a problem" Ross opened the door with his shirt off.

"What's wrong?"

"There's been an accident. Your group just started running" Ross grabbed his shirt.

"Where is it?"

"West Main street"

"Got it" Ross put his shirt on and ran down the hall at the same time. He slid down the railing and made his way out the door. He could see the passing of an ambulance. "Fuck" he cursed.

"Sohee!!" Kyle called. "Can you and Lauren do me a huge favor"

"Anything"

"Watch over the party, get everyone out of here" he said. "I'm going to go"

"Call me" Lauren said. Kyle was half way out the door when she said that.

Ross caught up with Leena and the others. They were confused on where to go but several police cars driving in one direction told them where to go.

They followed the lights until they got to the scene of the accident. They got there slightly after, Matt and Randy did.

"That's Dakota's car" Randy's voice cracked. No one knew what to say. Matt tried to console the guilt Randy was feeling, the others were just in pure shock.

Five minutes. They were unfocused for five minutes, and look what happened.

"Oh my god"