‹ Prequel: High School Blows

High School Kinda Sucks

Time

"So things have been getting bad around here" Leena said. "You said things would get better" Bryan sighed. "Oh and by the way Sean's pissed at you too for taking the-one-who-shouldn't-be-named side"

"Lovely"

"I want this to be over"

"me too, i told my mom about it, having a degree in adolescent psychology i'm thinking she could help" Bryan started.

"And..."

"And she said Sean gets his anger from seeing you struggle" he said. "So she's thinking once your all better and your off crutches and stuff and you can't see any bandages..."

"He'll be over it?" she asked. Bryan nodded. "I don't get my cast off until after the school year ends"

"Lee..."

"Don't sympathetically say my name like that"

"Another week" he said. she groaned. "One more week and we'll sit down and talk I PROMISE"

"So how's the rest of the gang doing?" she asked, trying to get over it.

"Well Ross' dating Deanna now" Leena nodded. "Joe's being Joe"

"Ross said he liked her" Leena said. "Good for him"

"Yeah, they look cute together. I'm gutted for Holly, hope she's ok with seeing all of her exes move on with someone else" Leena chuckled.

"That must suck"

"Do you still get wet panties for Ross?" Bryan asked. "Because i find myself still attracted to Vanessa even though i hate her"

"Of course" Leena said. "He's my friend but i mean look at him. All girls want someone who can pick me up off my feet at any time and dominate me" Bryan nodded.

"I guess. YOu know, i don't want to make things awkward but sometimes i'm attracted to you"

"Why?" she asked.

"I don't know, your my bro i would NEVER go there but still" Bryan said. "Although it's just for your face"

"Oh thanks, bro" the two started walking down the hall. "I'm so glad my personality is worth it"

"But seriously" he said. "You're hot and if you asked and i was drunk...i would tap that"

"Only if your drunk?" she asked.

"Of course, sober me couldn't cross Sean like that...but drunk Bryan?" he shook his head. "Drunk bryan would fuck Ally Conwell"

"EEEWWWWW" Leena gasped. "Shamu?"

"You call her Shamu!" he giggled.

"Because she looks like shamu!" She missed those moments. Those innocent moments laughing with her close friends.

...

“I don’t know who to take to prom” Joe said. Joe carried Leena’s books as she slowly made her way down the hall.

“I don’t even want to go” she said.

“Why not? Your dress will cover the cast”

“I know it’s just…if I can’t sit with my best friends at prom then I don’t want to go” she said.

“Oh…I mean, lee, I know it’s hard but Bryan’s mom is kind of right” Lee stopped walking and gave him that look. “Bryan said to give Sean one more week. He thinks if we give him time alone with you without us around he’ll get over it…or at least start to. Are you guys having sex?”

“Yeah totally, me and my bum leg are so engaging in sexual endeavors”

“Is that a no? because I can’t read sarcasm”

“That is a no…and there won’t be an attempt made”

“Try, please, for me?” she sighed. “I’m just saying to try”

“I will try”

“Does Sean even allow you to talk to me?”

“No”

“Then…”

“I told him Lauren is in my class and could take me”

“So I went out of my way to get you, for a lie?”

“It’s the only way I can talk to you”

“How’s he going to feell…”

“I think I need to talk to him about this” she said. “I don’t want to bring it up but if he gets too…”

“Suffocating?”

“Yeah, then I need to make an executive decision”

“Cool” he said.

“Are you ok?”

“Uh do you want the answer I tell everyone or the real answer?”

“Real answer, please”

“I feel like absolute shit”



Ross held hands with Deanna all the way to her car. “I’ll see you tomorrow…oh yeah and get back to me on the prom dress”

“I will” Deanna kissed Ross’ cheek. “Thanks for walking me out here….you didn’t need to go out of your way”

“It’s no problem” Ross walked away. He saw Leena getting into her mom’s car about 100 meters away. He ran over to her and attacked her in a hug. “Hey baby girl” he said.

“Hey…you mind I’m kind of being suffocated”

“Sorry” he let her go. “It’s just felt like ages. Usually we walk outside together and I make a joke and you hit me and then we go to practice and I keep yelling your name….do you know your status on the team?”

“I had an illegal amount of alcohol in my system, Ross, there is no status” she sighed. “But I’m cool. I would be worried about you though, I think another investigation on how we had alcohol is being conducted. We won’t talk but…you know others will”

“I’ll spread the word”

“I’m going out to dinner with Joe tonight if you want to join”

“Without Sean?”

“What he doesn’t know won’t kill him” she smirked.

“You arejust amazing” Ross hugged her again. “Text me what time and I’ll pick everyone up” he let her go slowly.

“Got it…love you” she got into her mom’s car and drove off. This was going to be the longest week of her life.