‹ Prequel: High School Blows

High School Kinda Sucks

Secrets

High School Kinda Sorta Sucks

Hot summer nights mid July
When you and I were forever wild
The crazy days, the city lights
The way you'd play with me like a child
Will you still love me when I'm no longer young and beautiful

5

__________________________________________________________________________________

"I don't know what to do about this" Emma's father started. "I mean isn't a violation of privacy?"

"It was on the history" Emma's mom said. "It's not like i opened her youtube account it was already open and there!" she said.

"But she wasn't drinking" Emma's father said. he stared at the computer screen. "So how do we approach this?"

"Well she's all over Mike" her mom said. "She's never come to us asking if she could date Mike, Mike has never asked, she has never expressed interest in dating Mike or dating in genral..."

"Maybe their not dating" her dad said.

"You can't kiss someone without dating them"

"Yes you can" her father said. "It's normal before you go steady with someone"

"Not where i'm from" her mom said. "You don't dare kiss someone unless your in a committed relationship with them" she said.

"The times have changed, Charlotte" her dad closed out of the video. "And this isn't Sweden either" he said. "Their teenagers, they don't have to commit like we did"

"I'd rather her be married at 17 then fooling around with every boy she sees" Charlotte said. "If you don't want to talk to her, fine. But i will say something and teach her some morals"

...

"So you don't like Sohee anymore?" Mike asked. They were people watching. Matt and Mike sat at their own table on one side of the study room while they watchd Shay and her friends on the other side.

"I don't know" Matt said slowly.

"So you like Shay?" MIke asked.

"No" Matt said quickly. "I'm just concerned...she's so naive, i mean look at her. She flirts with everyone and why does she like Nick?" he asked. "NIck's a jerk like the rest of them"

"You like her" Mike said.

"I DO NOT!"

"Yes, you fucking do" Mike said. "It's obvi, you were jealous about Sohee's old relationships and you liked her and now you're jealous of Shay and now you like her, too"

"I feel bad" Matt said. "Shay is only 15"

"It's not like your 18 yet" Mike said. "You're still a baby" he pinched his cheeks.

"I'm already maybe going to semi with Sohee, how would she feel if i told her i like her 15 year old sister?"

"Don't tell her"

...

"Hey Leena, you have three brothers right?" Sean asked. He was walking down the hall holding a tie confused in his hand.

"Uh yeah, i might know a thing or two" she said. she helped him tie the tie. "You look really cute today"

"All guys look cute when they dress up"

"I agree" she smirked.

"How cute do I look?" he asked seductively.

"So cute i think you should come over tonight wearing this outfit" she said. she finished off the tie.

"It's been a while hasn't it...is your--" she kissed him. She knew exactly what he was going to ask, he was going to ask about her leg. But for once she just wanted to forget about her bum leg and have fun.

"You're going to be very soar tomorrow morning, sir" she told him. "Come prepared" he was horny just thinking about it.

...

Deanna and Mackenzie walked side by side to lunch. They had to have been th closest friends in the whole school. They couldn't live without each other.

"I think you'll look fabulous in light blue" Deanna told her.

"No, the dress is so...i don't know, not right for me" Mackenzie opened another picture. "This is my favorite'

"Looks alot like my dress"

"Oh your dress is pink?"

"Yeah i showed you, remember"

"I don't remember. I thnk i might get this one"

"Cool" Deanna said. She was disappointed Mackenzie was getting an identical dress to hers though. Mackenzie always out shined Deanna in the looks department. "I bet it'll look great"

"Yeah it will" Mackenzie said. "I just need to get Zack on board with the tux and corsage" Mackenzie said. "And then i'll look perfect and maybe i'll win prom queen" she smiled. "I hope i do"

"Maybe you will" Deanna fake smiled.

...

Emma waited patiently by her window, waiting for Mike’s car.

“Emma, are you asleep?” her mother, Charlotte entered her room with a basket of laundry. “I got this from the dryer”

“Just finishing this last math problem” Emma said as she quickly picked up her pen.

“Ok, good night”

“Good night” Emma’s mom left. Emma saw the flashing of lights from the window. Across the street Mike was parked flashing his lights, their usual signal.

“Sweet” she said. She headed downstairs wearing a robe.

“Going to bed sweat pea?” her dad asked.

“Yup, see you tomorrow morning” she grabbed a bottle of water and ran upstairs, her usual routine. Emma got to her room, locked the door behind her and took off her robe exposing her sequin tank top and black jeans underneath. She grabbed her phone and her wallet and headed to her bed. She stuffed pillows under the sheets to make it seem like she was sleeping. She then opened the window and jumped onto the balcony. She slowly climbed her way down the side of the house and landed on the front porch. She ran across the street to Mike’s car and got in.

“You’re getting better at this” Mike said. “Are your parents suspicious?”

“No, I’m asleep” she said. She kissed him. “Love you”

“Love you, too”



“I had fun last night” Joe said. “What’s that diner called?”

“I don’t know” Leena said. They headed down the hall. “But I took your advice”

“Of what?”

“Sean and I had sex last night”

“Finally!” Joe exclaimed. “How’d you do it?”

“I wrapped up my leg, took the cast off and just did it…and it was great” she said with a cheeky smirk. “He will be so much more mellow today. That’s how it works”



“I still feel bad” Sohee said.

“Stop feeling bad!” Matt jumped up. Their whole English class stared at him. He quietly sat down. “Stop feeling bad” he smiled. “He’s your close friend, just take him”

“Fine” she smiled. “But now I need to find you a date” she opened up her agenda. “Hmm, I have a list here do you want to hear my suggestions?”

“Not really” he said. “But ok…”

“So i was thinking either Shay” Matt’s heart raced. “I asked her and she doesn’t mind, I mean she likes you you guys are good friends” she said. “Or Karolina”

“Karolina? The junior?”

“Yeah” she said. “She goes to my dance studio and she's super cute, and you know her right?"

"Know her?" Matt asked. "I had a crush on her in junior high"

"See, well you can decide and talk to them if you want. I mean i want Shay to go because it'll be nice for her but Karo is so fun"

"She is"

"I mean, do you have anyone else in mind?" she asked. "Anyone you like?"

"No" he said. Not anyone she hadn't mentioned, anyways.

"You should sit with us at semi" Sohee said. "I think Bryan would appreciate sitting with people he knows"

"Yeah" Matt said. "But i won't" Sohee was confused. "Not until you find me a hot date!" she smiled.

...

"Joe updated his twitter saying he was going out to a diner" Sean said. "And Leena said she was going to a diner with her mom..." he said. Ross looked away from Sean. THis was going to get rough. "So do you think...do you know if..."

"Stop doing this to yourself, why can't you just forgive him?"

"How could I?" the tears in his blue eyes started to form. "He almost killed her. I can't live without Leena"

"Sean"

"Don't say my name like that, it' always followed with something sympathetic. I know she didn't die and she's fine but that doesn't mean she couldn't have!"

"I have nothing to say" Ross admitted, nothing that could help anyways. He was involved in these secret gang meetings at a diner a few towns over. "But if Joe and Leena are hanging out, why don't you let them? You may not forgive Joe anytime soon but she can, right?"

"No" he said simply.

"Leena's not yours, she's a free spirit. We damn know that" he said. "If she wants to be friends...i mean she should want to be friends they're so close" Sean knew Ross was right but he didn't want to admit it.

"Don't over think this" Ross said. "Just ask and see what she has to say" Sean clenched his fists.