‹ Prequel: High School Blows

High School Kinda Sucks

Elevator

Joe left the classroom to go to the bathroom. Usually a few times a day he has to go to the bathroom and just take a moment to breath and relax. Since the accident he's been very overwhelmed with everything, even the little things.

Joe headed down the hall. someone at the end of the hall slammed a locker shut. The creaking sound of the locker spooked Joe.

Now it was happening all over again. The sounds of the car metals, the shredding of the metal on the pavement. All those familiar feelings and pains attaked Joe. He fell to the ground, cluthing his had.

"NO!" he screamed. He was experiencing every twist and turn like it was happening. "Leena!" he screamed.

AJ came around the corner and saw Joe on the ground. They were good friends but still, when someone's on the floor you say something.

"Joe!" he exclaimed. He dropped his things and ran over to him. "Joe wants wrong?" the touth of AJ's hand on his back scared him, he practically jumped four feet into the air. "Joe it's ok, it's me AJ" he said. "What's wrong?" AJ could feel Joe shaking.

...

"Joes in the hospital until further notice" Bryan told Ross and Leena in the morning. "He had a weird PTSD attack in school yesterday" he started. "And it seems like he punctured his lung"

"Jeez" Ross said. "Kid can't catch a break"

"I say we get some Mcdanks and some porn and bring it to him" Leena said. "That makes all guys feel better, right?"

"I wish you were my girlfriend" Ross said. She smirked.

"Yeah i'll pick you guys up around 5 and we'll stop over there" Bryan said.

"Ok"

...

AJ knocked on the door of Joe's hospital room and smiled. "Hey man" Joe said. AJ came in and took a seat next to the bed. "Thanks alot for yesterday. I probably would have fainted if you weren't there" AJ smirked.

"No problem, i just wanted to make sure you were ok...how's it going? any diagnosis?"

"They got me on some anti-depressants now and it's alot easier to sleep." he said. "I feel better but my chest hurts really bad"

"Have Leena and the guys come over yet?" he asked.

"Yeah" he smiled. "They brought me Mcdanks--i mean Mcdonalds and porn...Farah from teen mom's porn"

"Oh well well well" AJ said. "I think you're going to be A-ok" they both smiled. "Oh here" AJ pulled a few books out of his backpack. "I got all your school work for you" he said.

"You didn't have to do that!" Joe said, blushing

"I felt like i needed to" he said. he left the books on his side table. "We have prom in a few weeks, you need to get better and keep your grades up so you can go" JOe smiled. "Anyways, i'll let you get some rest"

"Thanks so much, man, i really appreciate it"

"No problem"

...

Deanna had met up with Zack at the baseball game. "Where's Mac?" she asked.

"Don't know" he said. "I don't think she's intereste in my lame games" Zack took his hat off.

"Maybe she'll come, it's only the first inning" Deanna said with a hopeful smile.

"Maybe...hopefully. What are you doing here?"

"JUst came to support my friends" she said. "I know for me i like it when i see a familiar face in the ground. It makes me feel at home" she said. Zack smiled.

"That's really nice, thanks" he said. "I am feeling pretty nervous not being on home turf" he said.

"Well your welcome, go kick ass out there" Zack smiled and ran off.

After the game ended Deanna was making her way to her car. Zack ran up to catch up with her. "Hey Dee!" he called. Deanna turned around and smiled.

"Hey, great game!" she said. "Was that a home run?" she asked.

"No it was a double" he said. "But i stole two bases" they both chuckled. Zack walked with her to her car. "I really enjoyed having you in the stands, wanna hang out?" he asked.

Deanna thought, why would he want to hang out with hr when he had a girlfriend? Would she be betraying Mackenzie if she went to hang out with him?

"Sure" Deanna said instinctively.

"Great!" he said, blushing. "Meet me at the Cafe Black in a half hour?"

"Sounds great" Zack ran off. Deanna blushed. Did he like her or was this some kind of platonic thing? She smiled all the way back to her car. She'd find out what this meant.

...

"Lauren!" Deanna exclaimed. The whole hallway turned to Lauren.

"Oh no" Lauren tried to walk as fast as she could without drawing attention to herself. Deanna ran faster and got between Lauren and the staircase. "What?" she asked.

"it's an emergency" Deanna saw the elevator int he corner of her eye. She took Lauren's arm and dragged her into the elevator. She had to wait until the door closed to say something. "I slept with Zack!" Lauren's jaw practically touched the floor.

"You cheated on Ross!" she exclaimed.

"Yes" she started to sob. "I didn't mean for it to happen, we were hanging out without Mackenzie and then we went back to his place and we just...it happened!" she said. Lauren wiped Deanna's face of tears.

"Calm down and breath. In and out, that's right" Lauren said softly. "Did you tell Ross?"

"How could I!" she exclaimed. "He won't understand"

"Trust me i think he will" Lauren said. "If it was really a one time thing then i doubt he'll get all worked up about it" she said. "Did you tell Mackenzie?"

"No way!" Deanna exclaimed. "She will literally skin her alive if i tell her!"

"Mac?" Lauren asked. "She's so sweet"

"No she's not" Deanna said. "Ever since she started dating Zack she's become popular and along with becoming popular you become bitchy" Lauren nodded.

"That is true"

"She's just been a lying, vindictive bitch since she got with Zack" Deanna said. "And she will ruin me if she finds out"

"Well you have to tell someone" Lauren said. "I'm not going to froce you, but you really need to tell someone"

...

“Ok we will adjorn until this time Friday” Leena said. She hit her gavel and got off the podium chair. The class disbanded to have a moment to themselves before the bell rung.

“I feel like you’re going to hit one of the attorneys with something” A kid named Aiden told her.

“I really should, the defense side is getting bitchy” she said. “And slutty but I won’t talk about that”

“Well if it’s anyone you should hit it’s Sohee” Aiden said. Leena agreed as she took off her robe.

“She doesn’t dress appropriately and all her questions are ridiculous. But I’ll protect you guys” Leena petted the top of his head. “I’m people’s judge” Aiden smirked. “Are your ready to testify Friday?”

“Not at all” Aiden said. “I don’t know what my own attorney’s are going to ask me, and I have like half of my witness statement down. I think I might just cause a scene”

“I’ll let that happen…I’m waiting for someone to go insane and run around the room slowly taking off all their clothes”

“I will fill that fantasy for you, your honor” Leena smiled.



Emma arrived home around 8, right after she was finished “Dress shopping for Lauren” when she was really out with Mike.

“Hey guys” she said as she walked in. “Is dinner ready?”

“Almost” her dad said. “Did you find a dress?”

“No but I found a few that looked really good on Lauren. We might go again tomorrow so she can buy it” Emma put her things down in the living room. “How was your night?

“Nothing major, just cleaning and listening to your mother’s ramblings”

“The day in the life of a dad” she joked. “Anyways I’ll be upstairs” she grabbed her things and hurried upstairs to her room. She locked the door behind her. She pulled out the victoria’s secret bag that was hiding in her backpack.

Meanwhile downstairs, her mother, Charlotte came out from the kitchen. “Did she buy anything?”

“No”

“Damn, Lauren really needs a dress and Emma needs a date” Charlotte said. “Do you think Mike is going to take her?”

“If they are really invested in each other, Yes” he dad said. “And I would approve”

“I don’t think so” Charlotte said. “I do not like him”

“Why not??”

“I went to the school today—“

“Oh god, why?”

“Don’t think anything bad, She forgot her lunch and I didn’t think she had money to pay. I look out for my girls…anyways I was dropping off her lunch and Mike was in the halls wandering with two other boys…did you know he has a big tattoo on his arm?”

“Yes he showed it to me the last time he was over” he said.

“Well he did, they walked around when they should have been in class, and then someone yelled at them and they didn’t even respect them!” she said. “He’s not respectful to authority, he’s marking up his body, is that the person you want to date our little girl?”

“Like I said before, she’s almost fucking 18 years old” Charlotte was shocked by his language. “Leave the girl alone”

“EMMMA, DINNER!” Charlotte called. Emma came downstairs.

“sweet, what are we having?”

“Beef stew, your favorite” she said.

The family of three got through dinner together. Emma volunteered to help her mother clean up. “So do you have a date to semi yet?”

“Not definitely” Emma lied. “This kid named Matt needs a date, we’re pretty good friends. Also this boy named Dakota. But I might just go alone with Holly” she said.

“Holly?”

“She’s a friend, she’s really nice. I should have another girls night here sometime. She just got out of a relationship recently so she needs some cheering up, still” she said. Emma put the dishes in the sink. “Or I might ask Mike” she said.

“I don’t like Mike” Emma was confused.

“Why not?”

“You can do so much better, Em” she said. She started to wash the dishes. “He’s too much of a delinquent”

“Mom…” she said.

“I mean, Matt, now he’s a very nice boy. He dresses well he appreciates authority” she said. “I think you should date Matt”

“Mom…”

“And Mike is just, he’s so wrong for you. His whole image just screams bad boy, you are such a sweet girl” Emma didn’t want to confess to smoking on the weekends or changing her clothes when she gets to school into something more provocative.

“I really like him, mom” she said. “He might not be nice around other people but he’s an absolute angel with me” she said. Emma went upstairs to her room.