Status: Please read/subscribe/tell me your thoughts!

Reaper

XLIII.

Sawyer seemed surprised by my sudden assault.

He returned the kiss, his beautiful lips molding themselves into mine. I could feel the warmth begin to spread from his lips and down, way down to the parts of my body that I wasn’t familiar with – at least, not yet. Instead of fighting the feeling, I let it take over me, drawing me into its spell.

Sawyer gently cupped my elbows and separated our mouths, just long enough to close the door behind him. “Charlie, I-“

I cut him off, putting my hands on his jaw and pulling his face back to mine. No, I needed him, I needed to feel him. I wanted only him, and the feel of him touching me, because everything else in my life just seemed to go wrong, and he was the only thing I had that I trusted at this point. I wanted everything else – my parents, my brothers, the other Reapers, even Jesse – to fade away.

He moaned softly against my lips, slowly bringing his hands up to cup my face. I was afraid he was going to push me away again, and I was preparing myself for it. Instead, he gently placed his hands on my cheeks, holding me close to him as he parted his lips. I felt myself melt into him as I wrapped my arms around his torso, suddenly giddy. He actually wanted this, too.

Suddenly Sawyer was leading me back towards the bed. I took a few hesitant steps backwards, letting him guide me, until the backs of my legs hit the soft end of the mattress. He only broke the kiss to pick up the rose from the bed and put it carefully onto the table, before he looked back at me, his eyes ablaze.

He gently pushed me backwards to that I fell lightly onto the bed. I giggled.

Sawyer beamed. “Oh, I love that sound,” he purred as he climbed on top of me, his gentle gaze suddenly predatory.

I’m not sure what the feeling was that was teeming inside of me as Sawyer gave me that look, but whatever it was, it certainly was new. I could feel my blood rush to meet his body as his hands began to roam, gently caressing me as they went.

Eventually, back in my own head, I began to think of taking off his shirt. I lifted up my hands from under his touch and worked each of the buttons open, noticing that my hands had become much less nimble while I was so distracted. Sawyer was kissing my neck, and he seemed to urge me on as I made quick work of his shirt, tracing down the front of it before pushing it down his shoulders.

I marveled, once again, at him. His chest was sculpted, tanned, and unfortunately, scarred. I noticed his wounded shoulder was healed, but scabbed, and he was definitely leaning on the other arm to hold himself up. Without breaking eye contact – his eyes were now curious – I slowly leaned up toward him. He seemed to relax as he realized what I intended to do. I kissed him lightly on his chest, a few inches below his scar.

I could feel the atmosphere shift a little. I knew how Sawyer felt about me, and I also knew that he wanted to do this as much as I did, now that he knew he wouldn’t hurt me. Now that he could trust himself. I could feel the shift because it was an unspoken gesture that let him know that I cared about him, and that I trusted him with this – so that he could finally trust himself.

That shift manifested in Sawyer’s redoubling of his actions.

He connected his lips to mine again, hungrily, a low growl in his throat. I gasped in surprise, letting his warm tongue take to residence in my mouth, sensually kissing me until my head started to spin. As he did this, he ran his hands up my torso and under my shirt, gently cupping my breast underneath my bra. I felt the warmth rush through my body as he gently caressed it, massaging and stroking, before continuing to the next.

He pulled me up quickly, in a rush of movement, to remove my shirt and my bra. When I lay back down on the bed, he hesitated for a moment before following me, a goofy grin on his face.

“God, you’re beautiful,” he purred just before he kissed me again, capturing my mouth with his own.

I laughed a little into the kiss, and then sighed as his hands went back to their previous activity, minus the hindrance of the clothes. I was just beginning to feel a strange sensation in my belly when Sawyer’s hands found their way lower, and decided that my pants, too, were too restricting, and decided to make quick work of those, discarding them somewhere along with my shirt.

I gasped as his hands found their way down to my panties, which were embarrassingly plain for such an important occasion. Had I known about this beforehand, I would have at least worn ones that weren’t so… ordinary, I suppose. But it’s not like Sawyer cared at all. He traced their outline, ever so slightly, before he deftly wove his fingers under the fabric. I moaned into his mouth, relishing the contact.

That only urged him on. He continued to do this, to tease me slowly, gently, though my body was craving more. Part of me was thankful that he was being so gentle, but another part of me – largely controlled by the part of my anatomy he was in contact with, actually – was begging him for something else.

After some time doing this, bringing me to the edge of bliss with his hands, he finally broke away from my lips to trail a line of warm, gentle kisses down my neck and down my torso, kissing and nipping softly each breast before he made his way down to my pelvic bone. I was squirming from the intense feeling that was beginning to take hold in my abdomen, so foreign and so familiar all at the same time.

I about passed out when his lips hovered just above me – there.

“Sawyer, what-“ I started, and then was cut off by my own sharp intake of breath as he closed the gap. Oh, man, that was an incredible feeling.

I didn’t even notice that Sawyer had ridded me of my underwear. I had been too busy staring at the ceiling, the walls, the dimly lit candles, anywhere but at Sawyer, too embarrassed to even entertain the idea. He placed his mouth hotly on my most sensitive area, his mouth working a special kind of magic that I never even dreamed of – until now. My body reacted in the most carnal way, bucking and writing under his gentle torture.

Sawyer was starting to sense that this was going to make this end sooner than he wanted, so he finally began his slow ascent back to my mouth, replacing his gentle fingers where his mouth had been. I could feel my heart thundering in my chest and my breath come short as he finally kissed me again. I could taste myself on his lips, suddenly self-conscious of something I had never even thought twice about.

As he kissed me and I came down from the edge of wherever my body had been a few moments ago, I began to realize that Sawyer was still wearing his jeans. I shakily brought my hands up to his chest, and slowly traced their way over his magnificent muscles and down to the waistband. This button was much harder for me to manage – partially due to it being denim, mostly to the face that I couldn’t think straight while Sawyer was on top of me – but with some effort I finally pushed both his pants and his boxers down his legs, allowing him to spring free.

Now, I have two older brothers who care little for modesty – I had seen a man’s junk before. But seeing Sawyer like that was a whole new experience. I realized that it took a certain kind of trust for Sawyer to let me do that to him when he was such a private person that he hardly talked to anyone. The way he stared down at me as I took all of him in was enough to make me feel a little overwhelmed – a mixture of trust, admiration, and lust.
But I wasn’t expecting it to be that big. The reality of what we were about to do started to sink in – it was going to hurt. Probably a lot.

Sawyer could sense my hesitation. “Charlotte,” He said seriously, his face suddenly losing some of its mirth. You can stop this if you want to.

After the way it felt so far, I wanted nothing more than for him to continue forever. I was nervous that, being my first time, the pain was going to be unbearable. But I also knew that if there was anyone I trusted enough to guide me through it, it was Sawyer, and now was a better time than ever to do so.

To answer him, I pulled myself closer to him, wrapping my arms tightly around his shoulders. “I want you, Sawyer,” I said hoarsely, trying to stifle my moan as I felt him press against me. “I need you.”

That was all he needed to hear.

I expected the pain, when it came. It was a sharp, pinching pain that only seemed to get worse as he eased himself into me, the restraint as well as the lust clearly written across his face. He was gentle at first, completely still as I adjusted to the invasion. I bit my lip as I willed the pain away, and I was surprised when a few tears sprang to my eyes.

He quickly kissed them away. “Fuck, Charlie – oh,” he gasped as he eased his hips backward.

I was surprised to realize that as he did this, my body responded with a wave of pleasure, radiating from the spot in my belly that had reacted to enthusiastically to his touch. There was still pain, but knowing that it made Sawyer feel the way that he did made it easier to bear.

After a little while of this, the pain began to ease away, replaced only with a feeling of fullness and pleasure that I couldn’t even begin to understand. I clung to Sawyer for my life, completely at his mercy as he claimed me for his own. It was like there was some invisible connection that bonded us so tightly together in that moment. He saw the lust I had for him, and he for me, and we absorbed each other’s lust and sensation as we moved together as one. He whispered lovingly in my ear as he kissed my lips, my face, my neck, my breasts – worshipping me everywhere all at once.

And when we found our release, we found it together, a mass of lust, breath, and heat, collapsed in a pile on the sheets.

-[-]-


Sawyer watched calmly as Charlie slept.

He had watched her sleep before – back in her apartment when they first met, in the various hotel rooms on their journey, on some nights while they were in the compound and she had fallen asleep keeping watch over him while he healed – but nothing compared to this. Her face was more relaxed than he’d ever seen, flushed and youthful and beautiful

Her red curls were fanned out over the satin pillow and over his chest, a red halo. Her eyelashes were fanned over her freckled cheeks, casting a dark shadow in their wake. Her pale pink lips were parted slightly as she slept. He couldn’t help but marvel at how she looked at this moment – postictal and breathtaking.

She was wrapped around him tightly, her legs entwined in his own and an arm thrown over his torso. He could feel her heart beat just below her skin, a constant reminder that she was really there, asleep naked in his arms.

Sawyer had known that Charlotte was his mate. Not for sure, of course, but there hadn’t been a doubt in his mind about it before – well, before everything. Now, he was certain. Though he had lost the Reaper half of his soul, he could still feel the connection to Charlie stronger than any other woman he’d been with. She was everything he had wanted, and more.

He couldn’t believe his luck that she felt the same way about him.

Experiencing this feeling another two times had merely been icing on the proverbial cake.

There was a sharp knock at the door. Sawyer groaned inwardly and tried to ignore it, but the knocking was persistent and impatient.

“Charlie? Charlie, if you’re in there, you need to come out – it’s important.” Sawyer recognized the voice on the other side of the door as Noah’s. Noah had been suspicious of Sawyer in the beginning, but he had begun to warm up to him as they spent more time together.

Still, he thought, a brother never wants to learn his sister’s been deflowered by a monster.

Sawyer carefully detached himself from Charlie, making his way up and out of bed. When she groaned quietly in her sleep and turned over, still unconscious, he relaxed. He quickly picked up his boxers and dragged them up his legs, hoping to conserve some of his modesty.

He opened the door a little, letting Noah know that he was there, but didn’t intend to fully open the door.

“She’s asleep,” Sawyer informed him when Noah gave him a suspicious glare. “What’s wrong?”

Noah ran his hand through his hair shakily and sighed. “Well, I guess it affects you, too, actually,” he mumbled. “Our parents want to meet with the two of you. I guess it can wait until morning, if she’s already asleep, but – “ He cut himself off, staring down the hallway absently.

Sawyer stiffened. “There’s something else,” he said lowly, and Noah gave him a sideways glance. It wasn’t a question, and the roughness of his voice only added to the feeling of dread.

Noah nodded gravely. “There’s a war about to break out, and I – I think it might be because of her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Ahhhh that was so uncomfortable to write omg...

Thanks to my lovely commenters, you know who you are!

Check out my other story, Put a Spell on You. I'll be putting out an update for that tomorrow (hopefully!).