‹ Prequel: Pieces
Status: Active.

Glass

Ten

Her blonde hair was shorter than he remembered. It once reached her lower back, but was now cut just above her shoulders. She stood tall in sky-high heels, her long legs glistening in the dancing lights. She was wearing a dress that hugged every curve of her body perfectly.

She was beautiful.

She was beautifully happy. A smile on her face as her hand was gripped firmly within her fiancee's hand. He could see a ring sparkling on her left hand. A large rock that looked much to big for her finger, and he wondered if that's what she would have wanted.

Behind that beautiful smile Zack could see the truth. She was scared. She was weak. His once strong Violet was now a wilted flower, cowering in the distance. Her eyes held fear as she looked over him and the rest of the band, clinging to Craig's side. Zack felt as if he were staring at a ghost.

"It's so nice to see you all again," Craig smiled, "You all remember Violet," He looked down at the blonde. Her smile finally fell and she looked at the five men she once called her family.

"Wow, you look great," Brian took a step forward, arms out to give her a hug. She instinctively stepped back, closer to her fiancee's side. Zack could see the fear. She wasn't even in the right mind to hug her own family.

What had he done to her?

"You'll have to forgive her," Craig stated as Brian slowly dropped his arms, stepping away from the petite girl, "She's weary around anyone else by me. We're very close."

"We can see that," Matt stated and Craig looked at him.

"How's the wife?" Craig asked him and Zack could see Violet's eyes land on Matt, full of curiosity as she thought of her old friend. The other blonde who once never left her side. Her best friend.

"Fine. Pregnant actually," Matt replied honestly and Zack could see the faintest smile on Violet's lips. She was happy for them.

Zack felt his heart tug. Despite Matt being the one to throw her out of the Avenged family, she was happy for him. She was happy that he and Val were finally having their family. He could see that she had put aside all her bad memories of him, just to be happy for him.

He remembered why he loved her.
Always thinking of others before herself.

"Congratulations," Craig smiled, "Sounds like you all are well," He looked around at the band and Zack attempted to keep his face straight instead of falling into a scowl."

"Same for you," Brian nodded at the couple.

"Very happy," Craig smiled down at Violet, "In fact, I've reserved some invitations for you all. Our wedding will be within the next two months here in Las Vegas. We'd be glad to have you," He stated and as if on cue, Jane stepped forward and handed the stack of five envelopes to Matt who took them.

Zack's eyes narrowed on the girl. Jane. The girl Samantha had mentioned. If anyone could explain what was really going on, it was her.

"Now, we have some other guests to attend to. Please enjoy yourselves, Boys. They don't call it Sin City for nothing," Craig smiled.

Zack painfully watched as Violet clung to him as they walked away. Her small petite frame glued to his side. She was so different a pain had struck in his heart. What if they were right? What if he had lost Violet Kennedy forever?

-

"Why did you do that?" I asked as Craig led me down the steps, back towards the loud moving dance floor beneath us.

"Do what?" He questioned. He kept his eyes forward, his arm wrapped tightly around me. Despite the loud interior of the club music, Craig and I still managed to always hear each other.

"Invite them to our wedding," I stated as if he were undoubtedly the stupidest man on the planet.

"You don't want them there?" He questioned and I stopped. He seemed rather amused as he turned to face me. I'm sure I looked so intimidating in my Louboutins and Chanel dress, my hands on my hips and my eyes were narrowing on him.

"I find it rather odd that you want my ex-boyfriend and his band of misfits at our upscale wedding," I stated and he smirked widely. My glare dropped as I looked into his blue eyes, amusement and mischief clouding the ocean that swarmed in them.

"Band if misfits, huh?" He questioned, "You're perfect, you know that?"

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"You're ready to be Mrs. Stevenson," He answered simply, "Now lets go home. We have wedding plans to discuss."

I wasn't sure what wedding plans we needed to discuss at nearly midnight, but I didn't object. Instead he informed Jane that she was permitted to stay for the night, but would be needed in the morning back up in the penthouse. He also told security not to bother us and that we were going to take our own car back and wouldn't need a driver.

I realized I was exhausted when I slid into the front seat of the Maserati parked outside the club. I smiled at some of the cameras before shutting the door and Craig started the engine. He didn't reach over to grab my hand as he drove. That wasn't something he did. I was starting to think that everything Zack did, Craig did the opposite.

The hotel was dying down by the time we arrived. Mostly drunk gamblers and hookers leaving their clients for the night. We weren't bothered as we approached the private elevators, taking it up to the very top floor.

"I don't understand what we have left to plan," I stated as I entered the bedroom, stripping myself of my shoes and dress. I changed into a simple pair of silk pajama bottoms and a top, tossing on a light jacket as the night chill seeped into the room.

"Not wedding plans, Love," He stated softly and I turned to face him. He beckoned me over to him and I obeyed.

These were rare moments with my fiancee. Moments when I was beckoned to sit on his lap, curl into his side instead of standing stoically beside him. Instantly, his hand went to caress my thigh lovingly. Not in the way where it would creep up slowly towards my lingerie. It remained there, warm against my skin as he brought his other hand up to my cheek.

These were moments where I forgot about Zack.

"You are so beautiful," He whispered. I smiled over at him, enjoying the compliment. It wasn't often that Craig sincerely complimented me. He mentioned me all the time, but never personally like this.

"Why me?" I asked and his smile faltered a bit.

"You're everything I want," He stated, and I knew he was being honest. He wasn't being his usual business-man self.

"What do you want then?" I asked.

He sighed and turned to me, "I want you. I want you to be my wife and I want us to carry on the Stevenson name. I want you to become the new face of the Stevenson brand and I want you to be our spokesperson."

"You could have anyone you want," I scoffed.

"But I couldn't have you," He reminded me and I actually smiled, "Still, you aren't like the others. You're hot and cold at the same time. You're nice and mean. You're strong but broken. I need to have you," He stated.

I looked down at my lap and noticed his hand. His hand tracing the smallest patterns just above my knee. I felt his other arm wrap around my shoulders as he brought my closer to him.

"You left me, Violet," He stated, "You left me and found life with another man. You found your way back to me and you've let him go. But the memories are still there, aren't they?"

"Craig," I started to tell him that Zack was the past, but he cut me off.

"You can tell the truth, Violet. The memories still burn in the back of your mind. You remember every single moment away from me. You remember your childhood, your father, your mother... You remember everything you wished you didn't."

I felt the tears start to rise as I thought of my life. How did I end up in Craig's lap at the most lavish penthouse in all of las Vegas, "I remember," I confessed.

"But what if I told you didn't have to?" He asked and I turned to look at him.

"W-What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Dr. Ivan of the nation's best medical institute is a pioneer in mental stability. He's in town for a convention and we had a very interesting conversation at dinner a few nights ago."

"Okay?" I shrugged, not sure what any of this meant.

"One pill," He looked at me, "One little pill and it could all go away."

"Are you talking about erasing my memory?" I asked, not sure what to make of it.

"Yes," He stated honestly, "You wouldn't remember anything."

"Nothing?"

He shook his head, "Think about it, Violet... You wouldn't remember your father leaving you. You wouldn't remember your mother's abandonment. You wouldn't remember all of the rough patches we've been through."

"And Zack?" I asked.

"You wouldn't remember California at all," He stated.

No memory. None. There were things I didn't want to remember, that was clear. But could I really hold on to Zack forever? He was gone, that was a fact. I was only living in misery continuing to think about us. But what if I forgot everything.

I could forget the scars Craig put on me. If I didn't remember anything, I'd think Craig is the perfect person. I could move on and be happy. I could finally let go.

But a part of me wanted to hold on to what ever part of Zack I had left. I would never get him back, but at least I had a piece of him.

"The key to happiness is forgetting misery, Violet," He whispered, "I can give you that. I can erase everything and when you wake up I'll be there. All I have to do is just say you were in an accident. You won't even know what happened. You'll believe me when I say I'm your fiancee and you love me and we can get married. Wouldn't that be perfect?"

"But..."

"Don't you want to be happy?"

"Yes," I confessed.

"Then be happy."

Maybe it was the way Craig was holding me. Or maybe it was because I remembered the disappointed look Zack gave me earlier. Regardless, Craig was right. I wanted to be happy and now I had my chance. Memory or no memory, I was stuck with Craig. Now I could make the best of it.

"I'll do it," I stated, "Make me happy."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm up to a good amount of chapters in drafts for this story now, so I've started to work on my next one.

It will be a story about Matt. I was kind of tossing around the idea of maybe adding some more graphic parts. I've never written anything like that before. I don't want to write direct sex scenes, but since it fits with the story I've thought about writing more explicit scenes instead of just cutting off to the next chapter. I'm not sure if you guys would read something like that, though. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Just know that it goes hand in hand with the story. I'm not adding it in there just for kicks. It actually serves a purpose. So please let me know what you think.

Thank you for commenting!